East of north bay today

atventure

23 minutes ago, atventure said:

Camelot is a stones throw from where I live, Trout Lake is under 2 minutes via snowmobile. I'm on Circle Lake

Lived on Rodney Drive for a few yrs. At the very end, used to ride the Old Polaris Colt on circle lake! 

Played lots of hockey @ the Circle Lake outdoor rink.

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Whats with the trail permit in some pics and no permit in others HEHE?

Haha I was waiting for someone to notice.

Sled was already loaded in my truck and I hadn't put the pass on yet, when I got to the fish hatchery I was gonna put it on but my sleds windshield was covered in ice so half way through my ride after the ice melted/came off I put the permit on.

I am thinking we will be heading out there next Sunday for a ride, Picking up the new sled next Thursday.

2 hours ago, atventure said:

Haha I was waiting for someone to notice.

Sled was already loaded in my truck and I hadn't put the pass on yet, when I got to the fish hatchery I was gonna put it on but my sleds windshield was covered in ice so half way through my ride after the ice melted/came off I put the permit on.

Are there many trees down or are you travelling on Olrig Road from the Fish Hatchery easterly?  My favourite trail although my 1996 Grand Touring 583 blew the engine there, fortunately on the plowed section sowe could easily haul it to Bent Toys for a decent burial.

6 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Are there many trees down or are you travelling on Olrig Round from the Fish Hatchery easterly?  My favourite trail although my 1996 Grand Touring 583 blew the engine there, fortunately on the plowed section sowe could easily haul it to Bent Toys for a decent burial.

Hey BBaker,

Just so you know I used to post allot on HCS under the name 'token', we have talked many, many times years ago.

I did not encounter any fallen trees, just the odd branch here and there. Everywhere I rode has been recently ridden by sleds, ATV's, or trucks.

If you guys need any help clearing trails let me know where to go. I am laid off and have my own chainsaw.

Cheers

25 minutes ago, atventure said:

Hey BBaker,

Just so you know I used to post allot on HCS under the name 'token', we have talked many, many times years ago.

I did not encounter any fallen trees, just the odd branch here and there. Everywhere I rode has been recently ridden by sleds, ATV's, or trucks.

If you guys need any help clearing trails let me know where to go. I am laid off and have my own chainsaw.

Cheers

I recognize that name. You bought my younger brothers old Supersport years ago.

31 minutes ago, -crz- said:

I recognize that name. You bought my younger brothers old Supersport years ago.

Yep that's me. That sled was the best $1700 I ever spent haha, ran it into the ground every season up until spring of this year (finally blew up).

36 minutes ago, atventure said:

Yep that's me. That sled was the best $1700 I ever spent haha, ran it into the ground every season up until spring of this year (finally blew up).

and yet you bought a Cat! :lol: j/k

I'll be riding a black/lime Assault 850 this year. I also groom for SSRSC. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers

1 hour ago, -crz- said:

and yet you bought a Cat! :lol: j/k

I'll be riding a black/lime Assault 850 this year. I also groom for SSRSC. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers

Haha I knew you'd say something about me buying a Cat! In all honestly at the time there was no Polaris dealer in town, and the service at the one in Sturgeon was so terrible I refused to spend a cent there, I went to Carlsons for fun and got a wicked deal on this sled, with 0% interest to cap it off.. Could not turn it down. I had also spent some time on my buddies 2018 XF8000 High Country and Arctic Crap didn't seem so bad after that..

..Would still go back to Polaris for my next sled no questions

1 hour ago, atventure said:

and Arctic Crap didn't seem so bad after that..

Must have been good enough for Yamaha to buy.

8 hours ago, atventure said:

Camelot is a stones throw from where I live, Trout Lake is under 2 minutes via snowmobile. I'm on Circle Lake

@Micar

I've never it before. Is that near the arena?

Looking @ Google maps That area is on my route out to 11 when I'm heading home after visiting them. I'll have to pay attention the next time I'm thru there LOL

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

@Micar

I've never it before. Is that near the arena?

Looking @ Google maps That area is on my route out to 11 when I'm heading home after visiting them. I'll have to pay attention the next time I'm thru there LOL

Rev. There was an outdoor rink on Lakeside drive on the Shore of Circle Lake. 

You can use that route to get to Wallace road to Seymour and out to HWY 11. You would come out @ the exit where Fannies is. 

All gassed up, wife works at 8am, probably going to head to the fish hatchery for another little ride if anyone wants to join me..

Cheers

2 minutes ago, atventure said:

All gassed up, wife works at 8am, probably going to head to the fish hatchery for another little ride if anyone wants to join me..

Cheers

Pics tomorrow or it didn't happen LOL

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Pics tomorrow or it didn't happen LOL

Looking at all the pics of clubs grooming on Facebook I will be very disappointed if I go out tomorrow and there isn't any fresh groomer tracks honestly. At least 4 clubs pulling drags as I type this 1 of which has open trails. No excuses, lets goo!

ATV, I would like to join you, but I have to head in the opposite direction to pick up my trailer.

19 hours ago, atventure said:

Hey BBaker,

Cheers

that makes sense, you used to post a ton over there, glad to see your still sleddin

Ended up starting at the hydro station just off four mile lake rd.

Rode around the station for a bit on the hydro lines, lots of tracks on one of the hydro lines that the trail does not run on... still no tracks on the actual trail going North from there, VERY surprised. I didn't want to break trail solo but I'm sure getting to Sand Dam would be no real issue?

Lots of tracks between 4 mile lake road and the portage on 63, trail is bumpy but there is easily enough snow to run it.

For since I only rode for an hour today I'm considering going for another short one tomorrow if anyone is game (around noon).. Blake??

Cheers

Andrew

On 12/8/2018 at 12:06 PM, atventure said:

Ended up starting at the hydro station just off four mile lake rd.

Rode around the station for a bit on the hydro lines, lots of tracks on one of the hydro lines that the trail does not run on... still no tracks on the actual trail going North from there, VERY surprised. I didn't want to break trail solo but I'm sure getting to Sand Dam would be no real issue?

Lots of tracks between 4 mile lake road and the portage on 63, trail is bumpy but there is easily enough snow to run it.

I live on four mile lake road right beside the trail. So the swamps were frozen up enough to get across to the highway or you didn't go that far?

8 minutes ago, flash 800 said:

I live on four mile lake road right beside the trail. So the swamps were frozen up enough to get across to the highway or you didn't go that far?

Didn't go that far but I went the other way to the portage and back..

As far as going north I only went as far as the first pond where the trail goes around through the bush, didn't wanna get stuck back there.. i dont think it'd be an issue to get up to sand dam though.

Are you the guy that lives right beside the trail with the shop and all the sleds out front? Did you sell me a primary for my polaris years ago?

Cheers

Thinkin about going back and breaking the trail tomorrow or wednesday actually, wanna come along?

Also yesterday I had my dog out for a walk up there and there was another guy on a green polaris coming up the trail (coming from the north), not sure how far he made it. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2018 at 9:32 AM, atventure said:

Didn't go that far but I went the other way to the portage and back..

As far as going north I only went as far as the first pond where the trail goes around through the bush, didn't wanna get stuck back there.. i dont think it'd be an issue to get up to sand dam though.

Are you the guy that lives right beside the trail with the shop and all the sleds out front? Did you sell me a primary for my polaris years ago?

Cheers

Thinkin about going back and breaking the trail tomorrow or wednesday actually, wanna come along?

Also yesterday I had my dog out for a walk up there and there was another guy on a green polaris coming up the trail (coming from the north), not sure how far he made it. 

No thats John. I'm straight across the road from him.

20 hours ago, flash 800 said:

No thats John. I'm straight across the road from him.

Got into an argument with them at Carlsons yesterday about our yellow seats/peeling decals on the tunnel :lol: they wanted nothing to do with it

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, atventure said:

Got into an argument with them at Carlsons yesterday about our yellow seats/peeling decals on the tunnel :lol: they wanted nothing to do with it

There's a surprise. :roll: I'll never buy anything from them. I actually bought my sled from Rockland Wheels near Ottawa and they took care of it. They sent me a new seat cover under warranty. He was saying this was a common problem and has warrantied many of them.

Archived