CKX Titan Helmet goggle recall

GrizzlyGriff

I saw on a You Tube review of the Titan that there is a recall pertaining to early goggles.  Apparently you can get a replacement foam seal that works better at sealing and keeping the goggles from fogging.  Has anyone heard about this?

Check with WB.  The Kimpex rep was talking about some improvements that were made from the early ones when Moosifer was getting his.

Yes I got mine a month or so after having the helmet 2 years ago. Last year the electric googles broke the cord from the lens and went to ORPS and they have me an updated one no hassle at all. 

9 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

I saw on a You Tube review of the Titan that there is a recall pertaining to early goggles.  Apparently you can get a replacement foam seal that works better at sealing and keeping the goggles from fogging.  Has anyone heard about this?

Yes but not all helmets are included . Just take the goggles in to your retailer for inspection to be sure 

2 hours ago, reevester said:

Yes I got mine a month or so after having the helmet 2 years ago. Last year the electric googles broke the cord from the lens and went to ORPS and they have me an updated one no hassle at all. 

Last fall I picked up a new titan with the updated googles, half way through the season my wire broke too where it bends into the foam, luckily I had enough wire to re attach the wires together, besides the update foam they should look into the wire, either reroute it so there isn’t such an aggressive bend or change the gauge of it to a bit thicker.. 

6 minutes ago, Fabio said:

Last fall I picked up a new titan with the updated googles, half way through the season my wire broke too where it bends into the foam, luckily I had enough wire to re attach the wires together, besides the update foam they should look into the wire, either reroute it so there isn’t such an aggressive bend or change the gauge of it to a bit thicker.. 

It now has a protective sleeve for it. Mine broke in the same spot. Luckily it was the end of the trip and happened just as I was taking it off. 

Re taking it in to my retailer. I bought through Royal Distributing mail order and I am nowhere near them. I guess I will call them and report back as to their response 

1 hour ago, reevester said:

It now has a protective sleeve for it. Mine broke in the same spot. Luckily it was the end of the trip and happened just as I was taking it off. 

That’s good to know, hopefully it solves the problem as it’s a great helmet/google combo..

33 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Re taking it in to my retailer. I bought through Royal Distributing mail order and I am nowhere near them. I guess I will call them and report back as to their response 

Paul you might be out of luck with royal distributing as they stopped carrying the titan helmet and the whole line of kimpex products.. good luck with that.. 

2 hours ago, Fabio said:

That’s good to know, hopefully it solves the problem as it’s a great helmet/google combo..

Paul you might be out of luck with royal distributing as they stopped carrying the titan helmet and the whole line of kimpex products.. good luck with that.. 

Kimpex cancelled the relationship with Royal. Any good Kimpex dealer should b able to help you we would and will. 

Bill you always helped  me out when I was at your store..

Do you have the CKX heated yellow lens google in stock?

Since I can’t ride without a heated visor or google and mine has a fixed broken wire I’m thinking of getting a second pair to keep on me while riding in case my google fails.

3 hours ago, Fabio said:

So that little battle finally came to a head.....Royal's business sense sure does make ya wonder....

I was told by Royal management that kimpex wanted to raise the prices on there whole product line and royal wanted to be loyal as possible to the customers and did not want to raise the prices so they dropped the kimpex line. Lol.. 

35 minutes ago, Fabio said:

I was told by Royal management that kimpex wanted to raise the prices on there whole product line and royal wanted to be loyal as possible to the customers and did not want to raise the prices so they dropped the kimpex line. Lol.. 

From what I understand, Kimpex wanted Royal to raise the advertised price in their book to keep them on par with all of the other dealers (they can sell in store for whatever they want to).  Royal did not want to do that so Kimpex pulled out of there

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

From what I understand, Kimpex wanted Royal to raise the advertised price in their book to keep them on par with all of the other dealers (they can sell in store for whatever they want to).  Royal did not want to do that so Kimpex pulled out of there

That was the version I heard as well...which seems hard headed to me.

Channel conflict!  Kimpex serves a number of customers and as such limits advertised prices to prevent smaller dealers getting run over and quitting their products.  Not unusual.

4 hours ago, Fabio said:

Bill you always helped  me out when I was at your store..

Do you have the CKX heated yellow lens google in stock?

Since I can’t ride without a heated visor or google and mine has a fixed broken wire I’m thinking of getting a second pair to keep on me while riding in case my google fails.

for the titan?

51 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Channel conflict!  Kimpex serves a number of customers and as such limits advertised prices to prevent smaller dealers getting run over and quitting their products.  Not unusual.

It is called Minimum Advertised Pricing and is being done by many distributors such as Camso etc (thats why there is no camso pricing in the royal catalog ) Kimpex had warned ALL of the dealers etc to follow it or suffer the consequences. That was the consequences. We follow the MAP pricing policy after all it is quite a discount anyhow in the end it means that your local dealer can compete and give good customer service and that the wholesaler does not have all of their eggs in one basket you will find that most distributors have a MAP policy on current goods. What we sell for in our store is our business what we advertise it for is the business of the brands to prevent what is know as brand destruction. 

12 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

for the titan?

Yes

29 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

It is called Minimum Advertised Pricing and is being done by many distributors such as Camso etc (thats why there is no camso pricing in the royal catalog ) Kimpex had warned ALL of the dealers etc to follow it or suffer the consequences. That was the consequences. We follow the MAP pricing policy after all it is quite a discount anyhow in the end it means that your local dealer can compete and give good customer service and that the wholesaler does not have all of their eggs in one basket you will find that most distributors have a MAP policy on current goods. What we sell for in our store is our business what we advertise it for is the business of the brands to prevent what is know as brand destruction. 

Tomatoe / tomato.  What you refer to as Brand Destruction was called In the computer industry as Channel Conflict.  If we, as a distributor, were to advertise prices equal or lower than what our Value Added Resellers were buying (from us) for, we would not have many resellers and the manufacturer would drop us.  This was written into our distributor agreement, and further into the reseller agreements.  It is all to keep the Brand and channel clear to flow product efficiently.

27 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Tomatoe / tomato.  What you refer to as Brand Destruction was called In the computer industry as Channel Conflict.  If we, as a distributor, were to advertise prices equal or lower than what our Value Added Resellers were buying (from us) for, we would not have many resellers and the manufacturer would drop us.  This was written into our distributor agreement, and further into the reseller agreements.  It is all to keep the Brand and channel clear to flow product efficiently.

You are right in the Tomato tomatoe . The rule that refers to a distributors ability to do this is listed as brand destruction under the minimum advertised price rule so that is what I referred to. Channel conflict seems a bit too sophisticated this industry. 

8 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

I believe so please check in with us tomorrow.800-344-6620

I will for sure, I will be heading up to Parry Sound Friday morning and will stop by if you have them.. Thanks

Thanks for the advice WildBill

Archived