When will it happen?

Baylaker

Alright, I figured now is a good time to start the guessing game.

when do you think trails will be open and where first? 

Im getting the itch really bad and I’m debating on whether or not to go to Hali forest even though I know I’ll probably be banging off rocks and skipping puddles. And yes, they’re open. I heard Sudbury and north bay got quite a bit the other day. Ground is soft again and green grass everywhere at my place. Back to square one..

Doesn't matter to me.  I've got Zero trail permits ordered, and not looking like I'll be ordering any this year.

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

I've got Zero trail permits ordered, and not looking like I'll be ordering any this year.

Say it ain't so.

Really? How come?

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Doesn't matter to me.  I've got Zero trail permits ordered, and not looking like I'll be ordering any this year.

Curious why?

Muskoka Cat guy and a few other were there on Friday and said the conditions were amazing, I know a few of them rode over 200kms that day. Bear in mind that was before the rain on Sunday.

Yup I heard of someone doing 230kms, same thing, trails were good. I’ve got my eye on that forest right now. Thinking maybe this week, but definitely next week we’ll be going. 

If all goes to plan and my sled is ready when I get back from our mini vacation we are hoping to go there on the 16th.

8 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Yup I heard of someone doing 230kms, same thing, trails were good. I’ve got my eye on that forest right now. Thinking maybe this week, but definitely next week we’ll be going. 

Yuppers you heard right, it was my buddy Mike D and Chris and couple others, they had no complaints about the conditions on Friday.

I am really hoping the long term forecast changes, doesn't look like Cochrane and Surrounding areas are going to get much snow in the next 2 weeks, We had booked rooms for New Years there but starting to think Quebec might be in the works again, Looks like the Mont Valin area/Saguenay area has quite a bit of snow already.

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

I am really hoping the long term forecast changes, doesn't look like Cochrane and Surrounding areas are going to get much snow in the next 2 weeks, We had booked rooms for New Years there but starting to think Quebec might be in the works again, Looks like the Mont Valin area/Saguenay area has quite a bit of snow already.

Saint-Zenon area has a good amount of snow, Le Cabanon again for new years!

I think Grizzly Griff is headed to Le Cabanon this weekend??

18 hours ago, Nunz said:

Give Poncho a life jacket and a tow rope.

1 minute ago, Denis007 said:

Give Poncho a life jacket and a tow rope.

lol, done and done!! no matter where we go lol

46 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

X3

Just drove from Kinmount to Haliburton. Rail line is ridable.  Surprising 

16 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

You drove the road and saw the rail line, or rode your sled from Kinmount to Hali?

Drove the road through Gelert and Lochlin Can see lots of the rail line. It has been well travelled by locals 

3 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Had to go up to Bancrotch this afternoon. Drove in the Lower Turriff Rd to check the railbed. This is bwtween Ormsby Jct & L' Amable.

Looking south:

20181204_152958.thumb.jpg.247f22600477767f19e39bd10a9a01b8.jpg

Looking north:

20181204_153018.thumb.jpg.97e73b36622938a9917cc0ab9a78bab7.jpg

4 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

This picture was taken Nov 18th out back at Nutters place. Lots of locals riding from Kinmount to Hali..  Well traveled and packed by sleds.  They were riding every weekend up until the warm up. 

received_578131235950698.thumb.jpeg.98ac4abff260f353fcc2cd54690515ba.jpeg

Archived