Shaking My Head

revrnd

There should be a section of the Criminal Code pertaining to 'not having the smarts to stay out of trouble'. 

271461765_CoppinsCharged.jpg.09643a051e53e3ce38bca7b4bbd92657.jpg

His 'family' settled in the area a few years ago & it's been nothing but bad news ever since...

I had a run in w/ him when he was riding his ATV around in the cemetery I help look after. That was just before he hit the side of an OPP cruiser stopped @ the gas station. That was his 1st impaired, but not his 1st charges (those were involving sex w/ a minor). Charged last winter for impaired on a sled as well.

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

There should be a section of the Criminal Code pertaining to 'not having the smarts to stay out of trouble'. 

271461765_CoppinsCharged.jpg.09643a051e53e3ce38bca7b4bbd92657.jpg

His 'family' settled in the area a few years ago & it's been nothing but bad news ever since...

You can't fix hillbilly stupid.

1 minute ago, 02Sled said:

You can't fix hillbilly stupid.

Actually they're from the east coast.

7 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

How stupid do you have to be to A drink and sled or drive and B run into a cop car while doing so?

Surprisingly there are still a lot of people that seem to think there is nothing wrong with drinking and driving or riding a sled. They even get upset that the police actually have spot checks and really upset when they get caught. It was on the Barrie news that the police have already laid I think it was 66 charges in the Christmas ride checks.

6 hours ago, Poo Man said:

How stupid do you have to be to A drink and sled or drive and B run into a cop car while doing so?

6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Surprisingly there are still a lot of people that seem to think there is nothing wrong with drinking and driving or riding a sled. They even get upset that the police actually have spot checks and really upset when they get caught. It was on the Barrie news that the police have already laid I think it was 66 charges in the Christmas ride checks.

Poor or non-existing parenting skills? Shallow end of the gene pool.

Oh & he became a daddy earlier this year :wtf:

Now if people like this aren't a good reason for forced sterilization, I don't know what is...

I could go on but it's not worth it.

10 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Halton region has already caught more drunk drivers this season then all of last year!!!

I was talking to a friend and he told me about his son. It seems his son "thought" he may have had too much to drink and drive. He called home to get a ride. His dad immediately said I'm on my way. He gets there and asks, so how much did you have? The son tells him two beer. I figured better safe than sorry.

the high school in our neighbourhood had a badly smashed car outside for a while with MADD caution tape around it. I guess the message is getting through to some.

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Poor or non-existing parenting skills? Shallow end of the gene pool.

Oh & he became a daddy earlier this year :wtf:

Now if people like this aren't a good reason for forced sterilization, I don't know what is...

I could go on but it's not worth it.

It is interesting living in a small town where you really get to know these characters. They never work, lots of kids, maybe some old beat up atvs or sleds in their yard. Line up at the food bank and then spend 100 bucks on a carton of cigarettes. Maybe poach a deer now and then. I had an old Maritimer as a neighbor 25 years ago. We would chat over the back fence in the village and watch them amble by. His saying was always  “ Mother Canada, she raised a few”.

I know of a family that seem to survive quite well. Neither of them work, she is pregnant with kid #9. The kids are home schooled. They drive an Econoline van with seats from the auto wreckers bolted to the floor so they can haul everyone around. They say that the government pays enough per kid X 9 to cover their expenses.

2 hours ago, pt3189 said:

It is interesting living in a small town where you really get to know these characters. They never work, lots of kids, maybe some old beat up atvs or sleds in their yard. Line up at the food bank and then spend 100 bucks on a carton of cigarettes. Maybe poach a deer now and then. I had an old Maritimer as a neighbor 25 years ago. We would chat over the back fence in the village and watch them amble by. His saying was always  “ Mother Canada, she raised a few”.

And the cycle repeats...

Wow! Sounds like he should’ve kept his pecker in his pants...

3 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Wow! Sounds like he should’ve kept his pecker in his pants...

LOL

That's 1 way to look @ it. I could add what my father used to say :wtf:

Judging by his actions & reasoning I doubt that crossed his mind. Raising a kid when not gainfully employed, brilliant. His reasoning for riding his ATV in the cemetery was that his cousin was buried there. I told him the next time to park it @ the gate & walk to the gravesite. It was about 2 weeks later that the episode involving the OPP cruiser happened. A friend told me that I didn't have to worry about the ATV as it was pretty much euchred (besides being impounded).

11 minutes ago, revrnd said:

LOL

That's 1 way to look @ it. I could add what my father used to say :wtf:

Judging by his actions & reasoning I doubt that crossed his mind. Raising a kid when not gainfully employed, brilliant. His reasoning for riding his ATV in the cemetery was that his cousin was buried there. I told him the next time to park it @ the gate & walk to the gravesite. It was about 2 weeks later that the episode involving the OPP cruiser happened. A friend told me that I didn't have to worry about the ATV as it was pretty much euchred (besides being impounded).

That's where you see the multi-generational welfare families. Welfare was good enough for mom & dad.... it's good enough for me. That's the way I was raised.

That clan of people never seems to have fertility issues. Somebody should do a study. Could be from having a complete lack of stress.

Cant afford condoms.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Cant afford condoms.

tight money... beer or condoms? beer or condoms? Hmmm. Beer wins

On 12/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, 02Sled said:

I know of a family that seem to survive quite well. Neither of them work, she is pregnant with kid #9. The kids are home schooled. They drive an Econoline van with seats from the auto wreckers bolted to the floor so they can haul everyone around. They say that the government pays enough per kid X 9 to cover their expenses.

Based on what I receive for my two under 6 that's not suprising. Although we did lose some different tax credits so really you end up the same at the end of the year. Nine kids this day and age is just crazy

21 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

tight money... beer or condoms? beer or condoms? Hmmm. Beer wins

You forgot smokes! LOL

Then you have the cell phone expense...

Decisions, decisions (1st world problems)

10 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Based on what I receive for my two under 6 that's not suprising. Although we did lose some different tax credits so really you end up the same at the end of the year. Nine kids this day and age is just crazy

I know a family here that has 11 or 12 of their own plus a couple adopted. (I have no idea why) The father's grandparents had a large family (born in the 20s which was a different era). The offspring that are old enough are working for the family contracting landscaping business, but nothing that would be considered a career, just enough to make ends meet.

I don't think any have attended post secondary education.

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

Cant afford condoms.

Maybe she should have swallowed

1 minute ago, soupkids said:

Maybe she should have swallowed

Was that in Wynnebag's sex ed curriculum that was pulled?

:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived