B112 to 209

I noticed that the B112 and 209 are fairly close to each other (about 25km via the hydro road).  Were these two trails every together?  Would there ever be an interest from HCSA and Orillia District Snowmobile Club in linking them?

I also want to say thank you for the good, hard work from HCSA over the years.  I am excited for the 2019 season!

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 7.49.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 7.51.12 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they used to connect.  Snowcrest Riders and Halliburton connected about midway between your pix (back in the day).  That trail, once Snowcrest is now, as you point out in your question, part of ODSC and makes a dandy connection between the Districts.  It was, as some of our groomer operators of the time would attest, a bit of a challenge for the equipment of the time.  The other question (and I’d have to check the maps) is how much of the pre-existing trail is within the Queen Elizabeth Wildlands Provincial Park and how much of that pre-existing trail the MNRF and/or Parks will recognize as pre-existing which would remove Parks’ barriers to trail “creation”.  

Some of the best sledding I have done was in Queen Elizebeth wild lands , most of the sign are still up from when the trail used to go thought. Beware lots of ice crossing and poor ice conditions in many areas . 

Archived