eye in the sky

Wildbill

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wildbill said:

ummmm sadly no

So radar from a chopper? Pretty sure that's a complete and utter waste of tax payer money. It would be nice if they could spend this money on things like insurance scams that cost us all a load of money a year.

Couldn't aerial surveillance be used for safety related matters  aside from radar?

Dont really know, Bill, as I haven't heard any details. Are they planning to use planes, copters or what? Frequency, location? Are they planning to spot accidents, stranded sleds, sleds through the ice? As a sledder, I'd be more concerned about being caught speeding by trailside radar, than I would by aerial surveillance. 

Damned Liberal government.  Oh. Wait.

What, no photo radar?

Idiots.

It likely costs more to keep that "enforcement" aloft than enough boots on the ground to be actually effective.

1 minute ago, IQ TURBO said:

A complete and utter waste of My TAX dollars. Heaven forbid you put cops on the trail to catch all the free loading idiot's out there, now we have this brilliant idea...:rotflmao::rotflmao:..What a joke. Just another nail in the coffin of killing this sport...

Depends on what they are doing or looking for. Riders in trouble in isolated areas, people trespassing on closed trails or not even trails farm fields. I really doubt they would be trying to do speeding.

LOL millions spent in man hours and police resources to try and watch people wearing helmets. This is laughable and a total waste of time and money if its even a real thing. I'm bettin on the ol smoke and mirrors BS because what in the world possible purpose could this serve?

do-i-look-like-a-cat-to-you-super-troope

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Depends on what they are doing or looking for. Riders in trouble in isolated areas, people trespassing on closed trails or not even trails farm fields. I really doubt they would be trying to do speeding.

unless called and a complaint made or a request for help was made, none of what you mentioned would happen .

I am thankful for anything that helps and enhances my experience riding on OFSC trails. This gives me a feeling of reassurance that someone cares for my wellbeing. 

2 minutes ago, Faceman said:

I am thankful for anything that helps and enhances my experience riding on OFSC trails. This gives me a feeling of reassurance that someone cares for my wellbeing. 

it looks to me more like a money and ticket grab than anything real

I had a hard time believing that they would waste air time of their plane covering the wilderness. Better fish to fry on the highways. 

OK so they spot a rider dicking around on TOP E near Four Corner Lake (NW of Harcourt), how do they intercept the malcontent?

Sounds similar to the "you'll get a ticket for leaving your trailer hitch in the receiver" story.

Smoke and mirrors Bill. Show concern, offer assistance, a true Dog and pony show, the OPP way. They'll fly around on some totally unrelated business and log "snowmobile patrol" hours.

1 minute ago, Faceman said:

They'll fly around on some totally unrelated business and log "snowmobile patrol" hours.

Exactly.  and just to prove their presence "out there" ... how many freeloaders you think they're gonna nail ?  You can't catch a kid on a Summit hammering it down a trail then into the bush then onto a river etc etc etc .... you can hear 'em for miles ffs but there's no way to get your hands on them.

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

Exactly.  and just to prove their presence "out there" ... how many freeloaders you think they're gonna nail ?  You can't catch a kid on a Summit hammering it down a trail then into the bush then onto a river etc etc etc .... you can hear 'em for miles ffs but there's no way to get your hands on them.

Plane to dispatch: "He's about to cross a logging road north of Hwy 11"

Dispatch to plane: "Could you be a bit more specific?"

Plane to dispatch: "It's west of a lake..." (looks at map to determine name of lake)

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Plane to dispatch: "He's about to cross a logging road north of Hwy 11"

Dispatch to plane: "Could you be a bit more specific?"

Plane to dispatch: "It's west of a lake..." (looks at map to determine name of lake)

....... by the big pine tree north of big turd mountain ......

18 hours ago, slomo said:

Could use drones. Keep an eye to the sky when taking a trailside whiz .....

Or keep an eye to the sky when riding off trail across a land owner's property.

5 hours ago, revrnd said:

Sounds similar to the "you'll get a ticket for leaving your trailer hitch in the receiver" story.

Rev, this is a joke,?right? I leave my hitch in the receiver all the time. Once had a girl who I think was texting and not paying attention hit the back of my truck at a 4-way stop. Luckily her brain engaged in time for her to hit the brakes. There was no damage to my truck, but her daddy’s BMW did not fare as well. 

1 minute ago, snapper said:

Rev, this is a joke,?right? I leave my hitch in the receiver all the time. Once had a girl who I think was texting and not paying attention hit the back of my truck at a 4-way stop. Luckily her brain engaged in time for her to hit the brakes. There was no damage to my truck, but her daddy’s BMW did not fare as well. 

Is it a joke, kind of. Every so often it goes around that the OPP is writing up people for it (which they aren't).

Archived