Fortnine Parts Retailer

revrnd

Has anyone dealt w/ Fortnine, a Quebec based online retailer? Saw it mentioned for the 1st time over on DooTalk today.

I have bought from them many times, great pricing, free shipping and returns are very easy to deal with.

There was a guy that started up in the GTA a few years ago and was always at the sled show. I remember he even expanded. I haven't seen or heard of them in a while. I think it was Q... something or similar. Anybody know what happened?

Is there not somewhere local for motorcycle parts that could be supported?

23 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

There was a guy that started up in the GTA a few years ago and was always at the sled show. I remember he even expanded. I haven't seen or heard of them in a while. I think it was Q... something or similar. Anybody know what happened?

ORPS parts. Fort nine is great .

29 minutes ago, zoso said:

ORPS parts. Fort nine is great .

That's it ORPS....

58 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I've dealt w/ GP Bikes (just up the street from Royal in Whitby). They've told me that if it's in the Motovan catalog they'll order it. I've been aware of a product in a brand's catalog, but if Royal doesnt have it listed, they wont order it.

I've ordered numerous times and never an issue, usually ships same day.  Prefer it over Royal Distributing.

I have bought from FortNine as well as Canadas Motorcycles (their previous name)  Great to deal with!

X10.

RD shipped me parts that didn't fit, never again. 

F9 has been great. I wish they had a retail outlet, I'd drive there. Sadly, in Ottawa, 900,000 people, no decent place to buy gear. 

We got Diane outfitted with a great suit and helmet last year. 

Know how women try 3 sizes of 3 items of clothing? We did it all through the mail. Went through 2 brands, 3 colours,  you know the drill... TG for free shipping.

Stuff typically arrived next day, the living room turned into a show/change room, more stuff got ordered, some stuff went back in the box.

No matter the size of the return, it cost $7.

3 hours ago, manotickmike said:

X10.

RD shipped me parts that didn't fit, never again. 

F9 has been great. I wish they had a retail outlet, I'd drive there. Sadly, in Ottawa, 900,000 people, no decent place to buy gear. 

We got Diane outfitted with a great suit and helmet last year. 

Know how women try 3 sizes of 3 items of clothing? We did it all through the mail. Went through 2 brands, 3 colours,  you know the drill... TG for free shipping.

Stuff typically arrived next day, the living room turned into a show/change room, more stuff got ordered, some stuff went back in the box.

No matter the size of the return, it cost $7.

I've also bought and had to return parts to RD, not even close to fitting properly yet advertised as OEM replacement.  Returning items I was made to feel like it was my fault and created a hassle. 

3 hours ago, SRXChris said:

I've also bought and had to return parts to RD, not even close to fitting properly yet advertised as OEM replacement.  Returning items I was made to feel like it was my fault and created a hassle. 

I avoid Royal since I got hassled for a return. End of season (spring)they had carbides on sale at a really good price. Bought a set for my sled and a set for my wife's sled. I relied on them to give me the right product based on year make and model of the sled. Fast forward to late October early November. The ones for my wife's sled go on, no problems. I take the old ones off my sled and the new ones aren't even close to fitting. I take them back with the receipt, still in the original blister pack and the battle axe of a manager comes at me like I'm a criminal trying to rip them off. I don't want a refund. I want to exchange them for the ones that actually fit the sled. She tells me I have the right ones; their catalogue says so. I tell her they aren't and show her the original and how different they are. I get, we're not in business to finance your parts inventory. How do I know you didn't just buy a new sled, why didn't you check if they would fit when you first bought them, it's now outside our return policy dates. Why didn't I check last spring. Easy the sleds were in storage for the summer. She finally relented but that was the last time I went through their door.

I just got a bunch of bearings at RD.  They were all supposed to be NTN.  Two are fakes with blue seals from China.  One is about 1mm loose on the jack shaft.  They have to go back because they are junk, but it may not be worth the drive and the hassle.  I want to do it for principle though.

I only use royal because it is close to me. Pretty much everything part wise I look up in the catalogue then google it too make sure it is right. The parts people have no idea, the one is Barrie used to have knowledgeable people before they moved to the new building. Guessing they wanted more then minimum wage.

Two RD horror stories. Their carb boots for the original 600SDI dont effing fit regardless to what their catalog says.

Last winter I needed a 4 pc pkg of the deck slides. Supposedly Whitby has them in stock. Leaving for Timmins in a day or 2 so I needed to finish my ramp yesterday. Two of us drive down & they have no 4 packs, but lots of 8 packs. Does the Innisfil store have any 4 packs? They check. Nope.

I think I suggested why not open a box & sell me half? Well we cant yada yada yada. Then Chumleigh #2 makes an executive decision to do just that.

As someone said, they've gotten complacent & need some competition.

Fortnine...used them  many many times.....no issues...Largest  gear retailer in Canada....Royal also has good deals but DO NOT BUY ONLINE....my mastercard was compromised last winter....the credit card company was pretty confident it was Royal Distributing employee....you input your credit card info on their site then an an employee processes it so has access to your card info...easy to scam!   most sites your card info is submitted digitally to the credit card company so this would not happen...sketchy!

Have used FortNine many times over the last seven years. For street and dirt bike, ATV and sled gear, parts and clothing.  You name it, I've bought it there.  No issues, great prices, quick shipping and easy return policy. Highly recommend. I don't waste my time with Royal.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who ordered from RD and received not so close to OEM parts and the hassle to return the items.  I thought it was my fault according to them:unsure:.

I want to confirm I still order from RD but I'm always a little wary of what will come, one bad experience for me doesn't ruin it.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, SRXChris said:

I've ordered numerous times and never an issue, usually ships same day.  Prefer it over Royal Distributing.

This... and returns are free, even on clearance items. the box comes with a postage paid sticker if you want to return it.  For example, you want to buy boots but not sure if you fit a size 8 or 9. buy both, keep the ones that fit, and return the others. shipping paid!

5 hours ago, SRXChris said:

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who ordered from RD and received not so close to OEM parts and the hassle to return the items.  I thought it was my fault according to them:unsure:.

I want to confirm I still order from RD but I'm always a little wary of what will come, one bad experience for me doesn't ruin it.

One bad experience doesn't ruin it for me. One absolutely horrible experience where it takes over 1/2 hour AFTER already spending time with the people on the counter debating with the manager to get them to fix their screw up does. There isn't anything spectacular enough about them to get me to go back with other alternatives available. I get Wildbill to service our sleds and he installs the parts I need so he orders the parts for me or has them on hand. If I recall he charges the same prices for things like carbides and sliders etc. as RD does but gives far better service.

hey folks, when you're posting feedback use the entire name.... RD..Royal Distributing.  these companies often have programs that search the internet for strings of text.. its a good way to ensure that the management/owner sees what's being said about their biz.

Maybe they'll do something, maybe they won't, but it ensures that they see it.

:D

Archived