BlueMoon retreat lodging

volsla

Hello Guys,

I am looking for any info about BlueMoon retreat on the Algonquin?

http://www.bluemoonretreat.info/winter-activities/

Have you ever stayed there and/or visited the resort during your tour?

Looks like they have tons of activities + OFSC trail system is just across the lake.

I wasn't able to find it on the OFSC map; however, looks like OFSC trail is on the other side of the lake (so lake crossing form property to the trail). Just wondering if someone was there and can provide the details about OFSC trail proximity and details (from BlueMoon to the nearest OFSC trail). 

It is on Hwy 62 between Maynooth & Combermere. Not sure how close they are to the Maple Leaf Snow Skimmers' trails.

2 hours ago, volsla said:

Hello Guys,

Looks like they have tons of activities + OFSC trail system is just across the lake.

I wasn't able to find it on the OFSC map; however, looks like OFSC trail is on the other side of the lake (so lake crossing form property to the trail). Just wondering if someone was there and can provide the details about OFSC trail proximity and details (from BlueMoon to the nearest OFSC trail). 

I haven't been there but finding someone who has I would think would be key. We once went to Bayview Wildwood Resort on Sparrow Lake. The trail ran down the lake on the east side f the lake. We didn't think it would be a challenge to run the ice to the trail. When we got there though you couldn't cross the lake  by snowmobile. There was too much current down the middle of the lake for solid ice. It was a long tough run to get to the trail.

2 hours ago, volsla said:

Hello Guys,

Its about 50 metres southeast of local trail  #168 across the small bay on Purdy Lake. Purdy Lake and the road into it are on the OFSC map. You need to uncheck the trail status box in thebox on the lower left side of the map and then zoom in on the Purdy Lake area just north of Hwy 62 and just west of where trail 168 crosses highway 62. If the lake wasn't safe you could ride about 1 km.on the side of hwy 62 to the trail crossing per the map.

Stayed there about 15 years ago. Rented the "Chalet" with another family. Has it's own driveway off Hwy 62 and is very private. . We were able to cross the ice and the trail is at the end of the lake. Didn't partake in any activities. Nice having your own personal hot tub and sauna!  Very reasonable. Would recommend it.

Archived