I'm looking to rent double snowmobile trailer

andreyboater

I'm looking to rent double  (prefer enclosed) snowmobile trailer, should fit two newer touring sleds. I will drive to Sudbury February 14th, park a trailer there for 5 days during snowmobile trip and drive back on February 19th. Please contact with availability and pricing.

1 minute ago, slomo said:

Over the years, have not seen a lot of response to this type of query on the forum- might want to look at Uhaul or maybe rent a cube /moving van with a wide roll up door.

by the insurance the carbides play hell on the floor 

Your welcome to use mine but I'm already in sudbury

18 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Your welcome to use mine but I'm already in sudbury

Thank you for trying appreciate it.

I think part of the challenge you will face is that people will be using their trailers. Either to travel themselves or as in my case and many others, that is where their sleds live and that would mean their sleds are now sitting outside in the yard. Uhaul is likely your best bet. I rented one a couple of times before I had a trailer

I just wonder if anybody trying to carry a touring sled in 5.5 truck bed with back cover closed. If it's fit this way I will be able towing another sled on single trailer. 

6 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

I just wonder if anybody trying to carry a touring sled in 5.5 truck bed with back cover closed. If it's fit this way I will be able towing another sled on single trailer. 

When you say back cover, do you mean the tailgate?

yes tailgate, just worry about aggressive slope of snowmobile

5 hours ago, Wildbill said:

by the insurance the carbides play hell on the floor 

Might be worth buying a sheet of aspenite or other mdf to protect the floor.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, andreyboater said:

yes tailgate, just worry about aggressive slope of snowmobile

a couple of things to consider -

• a 129/137 trail sled will fit in a short box - you'll need a ramp to load/unload from the truck bed.
  • the tailgate will have to remain in the lowered position to support the track
  • carbides wont do much harm if you have a quality box liner.
  • you may not be able to tow a trailer with the tailgate lowered. I cannot with my trailer, the hitch is too short and the tailgate contacts the tongue jack even when its straight.
  • renting from uhaul is a good idea but i'm not sure if their trailers have tie downs. you need to secure your sled, its the law and the right thing to do.
  • check with a dealer that has pre-owned inventory, they may be willing to let you use/rent if you're a potential customer
  • open trailers are readily available and reasonable priced and a good solution if you only use is a few times a year. of course, you'll want to cover the sleds.
  • if you decide to invest in a trailer, make sure you get one that fits all your needs. snowcaps are nice and light but useless for anything else. if youre interested in a sidebyside in the future, consider that when choosing a trailer etc. etc.

Thank you :icon_goodpost:

Quite welcome!

Here is something you could buy and then sell most likely w/o losing much other than the tax... :D

example Kijij ad - muskoka area.

That looks like an old Rainbow trailer.  Inspect the two main frame tubes and cross tubes for rust before buying.  I had one and gave it away.  Since then it split in two.

Not worth $1400!

sold a similar one last year for $500!

just an example that you can get something for an affordable price and re-sell it and not lose much...I would expect you to do your due diligence to ensure that it was road worthy..

I've contemplated renting a large Uhaul truck for a sledding trip. The so-called 26 foot Uhaul has 22 feet of useable floor space, which I believe would accommodate 3 sleds. Would need to throw down half a dozen sheets of USB (trimmed to size), which I happen to have around my shop. (Otherwise the truck floor would be damaged by runners and studs.) Would also need a couple of planks to straddle the ramp, when loading and unloading. These trucks seat three people fairly comfortably, and tend to be late model units with gas engines. Something to be careful about would be the questionable reliability of the Uhaul booking system.

13 hours ago, Blake G said:

I've contemplated renting a large Uhaul truck for a sledding trip. The so-called 26 foot Uhaul has 22 feet of useable floor space, which I believe would accommodate 3 sleds. Would need to throw down half a dozen sheets of USB (trimmed to size), which I happen to have around my shop. (Otherwise the truck floor would be damaged by runners and studs.) Would also need a couple of planks to straddle the ramp, when loading and unloading. These trucks seat three people fairly comfortably, and tend to be late model units with gas engines. Something to be careful about would be the questionable reliability of the Uhaul booking system.

Blake, those trucks would be a minimum 87" and could be 96" inside wide. Either way you should be able to get 4 sleds in if need be. Leave the Cat lover in the back to tend the flock. LOL

I rent my 7by 17 enclosed trailer out. Easily fits two sleds and lots of room for gear etc. PM me for details. I am located near Brantford, ON. 

At least he had 3 ratchet straps on it.  

• 1 month later...

For Sale: I have a trailer 27 ft bumper to ball that is enclosed and holds up to 4 sleds.  home made  80" wide and 54" high inside.  tandem axle and pulls easy.  new brakes and springs last year.   ready to roll.  let me know and i can send the kijii link which has the pics.

Thanks everyone for help. I have 28' enclosed trailer at my cottage but it almost impossible to use it during winter so it's more like garage then trailer right now, so I bought triton double open trailer for this season and consider to buy enclosed for future. Thanks

Archived