Quick Question

Bigfish

When reading the specs for a sled, how is the length of the sled determined?

Is it, from the tips of the skis to the rear flap?  Or, is it from the nose of the sled to the rear flap?

a new sled purchase depends on this!

Based on our sleds and the spec sheets, it is ski tips to the rear flap.

Hope this helps

Nunz

Thanks

Hopefully it fits in the trailer!!!!

What kind of sled and trailer?

Couple things I see.

First your topic title "quick question, have you ever seen a quick question on here, pages and pages of answers.

2nd good luck on the purchase.

11 hours ago, Blake G said:

What kind of sled and trailer?

Good news: Picked up a 2015 RS Venture TF, with less than 2K on it, for less than half the cost of a new one.:D

Bad news: it is a 151" track, and it is located in Windsor.:(

Haven't picked out a trailer yet, but I don't think it's going to fit on the existing 10 footer.:(

I was checking the length to see how much would be hanging out the back of the truck, when I pick it up on Friday

I ride with a guy who owns a 16 Venture TF with the 151 track. He said it's 10 foot 6 long, which isn't much longer than lots of other sleds with shorter tracks. My 17 Renegade Enduro (137 track), is about 10 foot 2. Venture is a heavy beast, though. My friend calls his sled the Exxon Valdez.

Congrats on the new sled - I know this probably wont help you but my friends Arctic Cat XF8000 144" track fits no problem in my 10' enclosed triton trailer.  Might get lucky.

Get your tape out!

My 144" Nytro came home in my old 10" enclosed cargo trailer with room to spare. 

IMG_20180429_132346.jpg

IMG_20180429_132738.jpg

10 minutes ago, Blake G said:

I ride with a guy who owns a 16 Venture TF with the 151 track. He said it's 10 foot 6 long, which isn't much longer than lots of other sleds with shorter tracks. My 17 Renegade Enduro (137 track), is about 10 foot 2. Venture is a heavy beast, though. My friend calls his sled the Exxon Valdez.

8 minutes ago, GibsonNytro said:

Congrats on the new sled - I know this probably wont help you but my friends Arctic Cat XF8000 144" track fits no problem in my 10' enclosed triton trailer.  Might get lucky.

Thanks

I hope the "Exxon Valdez" handle isn't due to the petroleum products it uses. The name we had in mind was "The Big Comfy Couch"

34 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

Get your tape out!

My 144" Nytro came home in my old 10" enclosed cargo trailer with room to spare. 

Good to know

I have an old Triton 10' clam shell, so we will see when I get it home.

Congrats on the new sled.  OF7 has an identical sled in his stable.  You will enjoy that sled with the EPS.

14 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Thanks

Hopefully it fits in the trailer!!!!

cut holes in the front for the skis to poke through if necessary.... :-D

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

Good to know

I have an old Triton 10' clam shell, so we will see when I get it home.

If it's a bit snug and you only have the one sled on board a double wide trailer you could always turn the skis a bit OR swing the tail end of the sled sideways a bit. I have a friend with a 10 ft. cargo trailer and one sled. He runs the sled up until the skis are as far as they can go. Then he picks up the back of the sled and moves it sideways until it fits and straps it in place.

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Thats what I did to my 5x10 utility trailer.  :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Thats what I did to my 5x10 utility trailer.  :rolleyes:

Uh, no!

25 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

If it's a bit snug and you only have the one sled on board a double wide trailer you could always turn the skis a bit OR swing the tail end of the sled sideways a bit. I have a friend with a 10 ft. cargo trailer and one sled. He runs the sled up until the skis are as far as they can go. Then he picks up the back of the sled and moves it sideways until it fits and straps it in place.

That's what I think I will have to do

However there are occasions when I carry two sleds.

The RX-1 is 9' and the new one is 10' 6". If it fits, it will be tight!

47 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

even with two you can likely swing the rear enough to make it fit OR swing the rear of both a bit.

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

If the new one is 10'6" i see no issue with fitting in a 10' clam.  I have a 10' clam and the overhang at the front has a lot of room to pull the ski's up into. That's how i fit by buddies cat into my trailer.

Just watch your windshield when closing.   

1 hour ago, GibsonNytro said:

If the new one is 10'6" i see no issue with fitting in a 10' clam.  I have a 10' clam and the overhang at the front has a lot of room to pull the ski's up into. That's how i fit by buddies cat into my trailer.

Just watch your windshield when closing.   

good point!

10' 6" ski tip to bumper. 10' 7.5" to bumper sleigh hitch. You may have to remove the windshield, she is a tall one!!

Archived