Clearing the D trail Huntsville

Redfire427

I know everyone is getting excited to get out on the trails with their snow scooters, myself included, so I chose to contact my local club and volunteer my time ( and my buddy Mike ) to clear the debris off the trails from all the fallen trees from 2 windstorms and the first heavy snowfall which created a mess. I can tell you, the D trail is a mess. Our progress was made 100 feet at a time. We worked all day Saturday ( Nov 17 ) and exhausted ourselves. It is a labour of love, but there is sooooooo much more clearing to be done. Anyways, here are a few photos I shot along the way of our adventure.

Carmen

Pox7A4gjR%eDK5ZwgDwrig.jpg

xrmQgnDJTeuHJc%z2KvOXg.jpg

BWChjDmNQkSs2Y8KRRF+rQ.jpg

cWleGwFCQ3SnNo%Q+G%Fqg.jpg

6zP3YEvkTEmONFpGkrLDvA.jpg

r6PPqRFhRoGeBmDgs%nC4w.jpg

hnOFMLH+Sp228GxmRSv46A.jpg

Thanks Redfire.. and to all that volunteer their time..

Lots of trees on that stretch of trail.

Thank you for your efforts.

My backyard, thanks for the efforts and assistance

Much appreciated.  Thanks

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I got out again clearing the trails on Saturday before the big rains came. The snow was deep and there was plenty of clearing to be done. 

Please contact your local clubs to see if they could use some extra help in getting things set-up for the coming season. Every little bit helps. I know the Huntsville area will need a lot of volunteers as there are so many trees down from the first snowfall. 

Anyways, here are a few photos from my adventure.

Carmen

55t%H4zJTLq14kpLb+GzGQ.jpg

NAWXQVHyRXumoPCkRVsupQ.jpg

yhDrtWLbTr2b99Zs+TFt6w.jpg

LE3TQajRRo+6+UqP1sJafg.jpg

UUmPBgWaQ7ymRKWLXa1m7g.jpg

b1yvMHLpT2W+ZjCRGp3tLA.jpg

As a volunteer in my area, I appreciate your efforts Carmen. Good job!

Looks like you're out there alone in the last pics. Be careful, even the most experienced saw operators get into trouble. Nice saw by the way.

Thanks carmen. I'll be up in a couple weeks to help Nate and the DYW club. And maybe some break in miles, Blake style. :rotflmao:

Thanks guys .we will be looking after D trail in Port Sydney area

On 11/27/2018 at 11:51 AM, Muskoka Man said:

Thanks guys .we will be looking after D trail in Port Sydney area

I did some brushing today on D north from the tunnel along the ditch line up to the train tracks, then i walked in and brushed north of the tracks up to the small bridge by Lancelot. Spent 3 hours at it. If i get time tomorrow i'll walk in from south Lancelot and brush some more. 

Wow .that's a lot of trail to deal with 

Thanks so much .one of my favorite trails when it's ready

Thanks, Steve.

Thanks Steve!! See you soon on the trails!!

Thanks guys for all your work. I do spend a lot of time on those trails during the winter, and your hard work is very much appreciated. I do have a question regarding the D trail through Aspdin. I noticed the other day that the D trail crossing Aspdin road has turned into a driveway for a house that is being built beside the trail. Does the club still have access to the crossing, or are they working on a reroute. Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Muskoka_Mike said:

Thanks guys for all your work. I do spend a lot of time on those trails during the winter, and your hard work is very much appreciated. I do have a question regarding the D trail through Aspdin. I noticed the other day that the D trail crossing Aspdin road has turned into a driveway for a house that is being built beside the trail. Does the club still have access to the crossing, or are they working on a reroute. Thanks. 

Nate is on vacation but I will inquire when he gets back and find out. 

3 hours ago, Muskoka_Mike said:

I was wondering the same thing this past week. I figured it will turn into a short road run and then contiue as normal. I guess we will find out soon.

Carmen

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, Muskoka_Mike said:

I think a reroute there would be very simple.

• 2 weeks later...

We still got some water running on the east side of port sydney. I ventured out on foot from clearwater lake heading south on saturday, trimmed back what i could. Covered 3 km probably. As u can see we need a good foot of snow and cold first before the fun can begin. Also walked in on  west side from south lancelot on D heading north about 2km. Trimmed back what i could with the loppers but theres some big trees down in this section and water underneath the 1.5 ft snow in the low lying sections. Tough go on foot. Needed a long track and a chain saw. On a positive note, Mary lake had a skim of ice on it! 

30B1B690-7419-4E6A-826A-F522CAC1942A.jpeg

DA4ADD89-1BAA-4303-91A5-644C68CCA27B.jpeg

Archived