Older Arctic Cat help ('07 FX5)

Puggz

As I know absolutely nothing about the older cats I was wondering if someone here has experience with them. The sled in question is a '07 F5 that a friend is looking at (see my other post).  Is there anything particular they should look for on this particular year/model? All sleds seem to develop their own "niggles" as they age, just wondering what they need to be aware of.

TIA>

P>

10 hours ago, Puggz said:

As I know absolutely nothing about the older cats I was wondering if someone here has experience with them. The sled in question is a '07 F5 that a friend is looking at (see my other post).  Is there anything particular they should look for on this particular year/model? All sleds seem to develop their own "niggles" as they age, just wondering what they need to be aware of.

TIA>

P>

Pm sent 

11 hours ago, Puggz said:

TIA>

P>

Recall Details

Description:

The recall involves model year 2007, 2008, and 2009 Arctic Cat snowmobiles, including F models, Jaguar and Jaguar Z1 1100 models, Bearcat Z1 XT models, T500 and T570 models, TZ1 and TZ1 Turbo models, and Z1 1100 and Z1 1100 Turbo models. These snowmobiles were produced in a variety of color combinations. “Arctic Cat” is printed on the sides of the vehicle and on the back snow-flap area. The model name is on the side of the vehicle. The model number is printed in the owner’s manual.

Remedy:

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact an Arctic Cat snowmobile dealer to schedule a free repair. Registered owners have been directly notified about this recall by mail.

Incidents/Injuries:

Arctic Cat has received reports of 918 incidents, including 6 reports of fires, with the snowmobiles. No injuries have been reported.

Sold At:

Arctic Cat dealerships nationwide from June 2006 through December 2016 for between $11,500 and $14,300.

Manufacturer(s):

Arctic Cat Inc., of Thief River Falls, Minn.

Manufactured In:
U.S.
Recall number:
17-724

Check the diamond drive fluid. The bearings on the drive shaft last forever. The left side is oil soaked. 

I believe Zoso's post refers to the fuel tank. It cracks along the flare for the sending unit. Arctic Cat only acknowledged this flaw a couple years ago. I would assume most of these tanks have been replaced by now but check to make sure someone didn't do a makeshift repair.

I repaired the crack on the tank of the F6 we owned and eventually replaced the tank.

Thanks! I've passed this along...

Archived