The BIG decision, 850, 900 turbo, or Sidewinder?

crispy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zoso said:

Be smart and buy a  2018 9000 for 15k otd.

where ?

cheers

5 hours ago, Baylaker said:

The new Yamaha srx is $20,499+tax and whatever else you may think you need...and you can only spring order it if you want one, amoung the other models as well. I think there’s only 2-3 models that you can buy in season.

I personally don’t think Yamaha is exiting the sled business. But that’s just what I think. 

From a Yamaha Canada source.

No floor sleds, only spring orders are being produced, not one extra.

10 hours ago, soupkids said:

From a Yamaha Canada source.

No floor sleds, only spring orders are being produced, not one extra.

But they are producing them in for other world markets, ie: Europe and Russia, just not for the N. American market

I smell a big change in 2020 for Yamaha, perhaps even taking controlling interest in Arctic Cat!

27 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

But they are producing them in for other world markets, ie: Europe and Russia, just not for the N. American market

I smell a big change in 2020 for Yamaha, perhaps even taking controlling interest in Arctic Cat!

That would be a tough one ... Buying it from Textron. They are huge 

56 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

That would be a tough one ... Buying it from Textron. They are huge 

Yamaha has some pretty deep pockets of their own. Besides they would only be buying the snowmobile production facilities.

Anyway, I have no inside information on this, and I am just repeating the gist of the rumours floating around on the Yamaha forums

Textron may just want to dump it.  Probably not a big money maker compared with ATV's and golf carts.  May not fit the 80/20 rule.  Time will tell and we shall see.  My CAT dealer wouldn't say anything at the show.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Yamaha had that option before Textron and they gagged then.  Don't think I see them ponying up even more money to buy it now.

Yamaha analyzes things to death.  Sad as it makes me, I think they could be on exit mode from sleds.  They will concentrate their assets where they believe the maximum return is, and maybe that will be strictly engine supply.

I can see why they wouldn't be interested in the "race to the bottom". This is why Ford is no longer going to bother making cars. 

Seems the people attempting to sell or trade their machines in after a year or 2 were finding out the hard way they couldn't compete with leftover stock.

Pretty hard to sell them a new sled by the same manufacturer.  Therefore, reduce the supply.

Yamaha fans are a loyal bunch.  Ask anyone who drives one.

I think they'll be OK. 

They gotta do something, their 5yrs with a new product each year is up!!! 2020 will hopefully bring something all Yamaha, but I’m not holding my breath. If they do, there will be bugs to be worked out anyways. So it could be another 3-4 years for myself to buy a new sled. 

However, I do like this cat chassis!

Archived