A few updates from Dubreuilville And Longlac.

Turbo Doo

I'd be all over that if I was still living in the 'wadge ... over there sledding means fishing or trapping. Not so much for entertainment. Sad but true. 

Great news, group. Thanks!

I enjoyed the trip to Longlac with Groomer Guy, AC + YA and his friends, last year.

Is there any fuel in Caramat? It's 80 km from Longlac  to Caramat  - no issue with a return trip). But it gets dicey if you venture south to Caramat , then back north and proceed east towards Hearst (or south to Hornepayme.

I don't 'know' the area. Klotz Lake pops up on IAG. I recall that a camp sponsored a prize at an oc.com gathering. They don't sell fuel, do they?

I believe that there was talk that they would have fuel there last year.... that trail opened late so I'm not sure what came of it. 

I'll keep an ear to the ground. 

1 minute ago, IQ TURBO said:

I talked to the owner of Klotz Lake last season. He said he has NO plans of opening for fuel for sleds...

Oh ok .... I misunderstood then, sorry. 

23 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Oh ok .... I misunderstood then, sorry. 

Also when i was at the sled show in T.O, i chatted with the Northern corridor du nord guys, and had asked about the rumor of fuel going in at mooseland.

They said they new about it, but did not have any NEW news about it...

42 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Also when i was at the sled show in T.O, i chatted with the Northern corridor du nord guys, and had asked about the rumor of fuel going in at mooseland.

They said they new about it, but did not have any NEW news about it...

Still only one fuel tank sitting there, no movement in about a year. Another failure. Maybe it was a government run program? 

no fuel in caramat. no fuel in hillsport in the winter any longer, no link to manitouwadge or hornepayne. LOTS OF LOGISTICS, AND GETTING PEOPLE, AND EQUIPMENT ON BOARD.

once in hillsport, mani, you still have to get to the real trail, south of those towns, to hook to the marathon/white river, dub area. 

if you know the roads you could cross country it BUT, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ENOUGH FUEL, WITHOUT CARRYING YOUR OWN, OR SETTING UP A CACHE. this new longlac to caramat link makes it a nice dream though. still about 100 miles short of the link. Ski

3 hours ago, skidooboy said:

no fuel in caramat. no fuel in hillsport in the winter any longer, no link to manitouwadge or hornepayne. LOTS OF LOGISTICS, AND GETTING PEOPLE, AND EQUIPMENT ON BOARD.

once in hillsport, mani, you still have to get to the real trail, south of those towns, to hook to the marathon/white river, dub area. 

if you know the roads you could cross country it BUT, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE ENOUGH FUEL, WITHOUT CARRYING YOUR OWN, OR SETTING UP A CACHE. this new longlac to caramat link makes it a nice dream though. still about 100 miles short of the link. Ski

I am not sure that I would venture south off the pipeline to ride to Caramat unless there is something there.  A restaurant or some reason to make that trip.  I have ridden through there years back on the way to Longlac from the Hillsport Hilton and would love to see it reconnect to something which then DEFINETLY would bring me through there.  Those loops are still remembered and as loops would get my attention. I took two trips to Longlac last season and plan on it again this coming season for sure.  Longlac has additional riding to the west and lakes connecting many local trails and small towns.  There are good places to spend a night and good eats to have.  A long challenging trip direct from Hornepayne and back after starting from Dub makes a two day adventure. Along with nights in Dub or if you come from the Hearst it is a great long weekend with some new stuff to explore.  I guess if you wanted to add Caramat to the list of places you have been this extra 90 miles round trip would do that.  

Not to be a Debbie Downer but from what I have been told much of the trail south of Hillsport between Hornepayne and Manitouwadge ran right on the logging roads.  Its the pickup of logging recently in the area (White River, Longlac, Hornepayne and even Nakina I have been told) many of those roads will be in use throughout the winters.  In the past sections were shared and sledders just had to run on plowed roads.  Now that would not be acceptable either for snowmobiling or the logging industry.  Would be a major undertaking to twin large sections of trail both in terms of time and money.  

Archived