Tall Pines Snowmobile Club

Nunz

Heh everyone just saw this on FB and thought I would share it, Looks like they are in desperate need of help.

Pretty sad state when not to long ago Tall Pines was the highest permit seller in the MSR..  People need to find time to help this club, all it takes is for the 2 key players to give up and that's it for them...

Do clubs take advantage of the people that have checked off that their willing to be contacted when buying permits? I hope some people step up, that's a beautiful area and they do lots of events throughout the season

Imagine if everyone that was at the TO Powersports show took 1-2 days a year to volunteer???  I realize some people "can't" help for various reasona, but there's a large amount of people who "won't" help, and come time to ride, they bitch and complain about the trails. 

3 minutes ago, monte1214 said:

Imagine if everyone that was at the TO Powersports show took 1-2 days a year to volunteer???  I realize some people "can't" help for various reasona, but there's a large amount of people who "won't" help, and come time to ride, they bitch and complain about the trails. 

It may be time to charge non volunteers an extra 150.

2 hours ago, zoso said:

It may be time to charge non volunteers an extra 150.

Or by miles driven in a year.  Base plus $$$/km minus volunteer time served..  Win win.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Or by miles driven in a year.  Base plus $$$/km minus volunteer time served..  Win win.

How coul we track it? 10 hours min volunteer time would be fine and easily verified. 

43 minutes ago, zoso said:

How coul we track it? 10 hours min volunteer time would be fine and easily verified. 

You know as well as I that people cant even spare an hour, we have been preaching that for years. Easier solution would be to increase permit cost to offset hiring contractors to do the labor of brushing, bridge building and groomer maintenance.  

The MTO would cringe at the thought that volunteers would be getting a cash break on the permit and that's a huge issue in itself... It has been discussed in the past, and was shot down... We are lucky to have a early bird price for the entire Membership.. 

10 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

You know as well as I that people cant even spare an hour, we have been preaching that for years. Easier solution would be to increase permit cost to offset hiring contractors to do the labor of brushing, bridge building and groomer maintenance.  

The MTO would cringe at the thought that volunteers would be getting a cash break on the permit and that's a huge issue in itself... It has been discussed in the past, and was shot down... We are lucky to have a early bird price for the entire Membership.. 

May be time to sever ties wit government.

12 minutes ago, zoso said:

May be time to sever ties wit government.

To some extent, although Bill 100 is something we needed. But when to many Government agencies get involved certain Bill's brought forward are a detriment to the sport and the greater good of organized snowmobiling. 

Anyways I am hopeful that Tall Pines can pull the local community and its local permit buyers together and make a good go of it.   

The Tall Pines Facebook page doesn't seem to mention a volunteer shortage.

I got a reply email back from them today saying they received quite a few emails today offering help, hopefully this was the kickstart they needed. If I’m able to help in the next few weeks I’ll try and give them a hand but I know we have work to do in our own area as well.

I fear NBSS will be me t on the dead list.

I think a lot of our exec is going to step down this year.

I think the bowl is starting to swirl.

3 hours ago, soupkids said:

I fear NBSS will be me t on the dead list.

I think a lot of our exec is going to step down this year.

I think the bowl is starting to swirl.

Kinda sad how few in sudbury volunteer. When we lived there I often helped clubs other than my own. The tresurer at my old club does not even own a sled yet guys that ride 5000kms on the local trails say they are too busy. 

12 hours ago, Blake G said:

That is because it takes time to do that. Do you want a FB page updated or bridges fixed. This is one thing a new "Volunteer" can do for them. 

14 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

That is because it takes time to do that. Do you want a FB page updated or bridges fixed. This is one thing a new "Volunteer" can do for them. 

I agree it takes a bit of time to ask for help on Facebook, but there have been several posts by the club on their Facebook page over the past three weeks, without mention of a volunteer shortage. Having said that, I'm sure they need more help, or the MTH guy wouldn't have made his pitch. Best of luck to the club.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:00 PM, Blake G said:

The OFSC made mentionof the situation today on their Go Snowmobiling email and screenshot follows.

maybe nobody left to post info on website or FB although video is referred to.

1055BF5D-451A-4C1C-AD83-B5ABA10A4B5D.png

23 hours ago, Blake G said:

I agree it takes a bit of time to ask for help on Facebook, but there have been several posts by the club on their Facebook page over the past three weeks, without mention of a volunteer shortage. Having said that, I'm sure they need more help, or the MTH guy wouldn't have made his pitch. Best of luck to the club.

Yes Blake a few new posts over the last few weeks showing 2 people rebuilding a complete bridge. If that doesn't show the need for help, I don't know what is. Some people are too proud to ask. It wasn't the 2 club members who did the video asking for help its a concerned outsider.

11 minutes ago, gobills said:

How about neighbouring clubs??  I know most are busy but I'm sure something could be done to help out.  HCSA,MSR probably in better shape than tall pines.

Don’t know about MSR but last time I went to an HCSA meeting they didn’t have a lot of volunteers to work with either.

6 hours ago, gobills said:

How about neighbouring clubs??  I know most are busy but I'm sure something could be done to help out.  HCSA,MSR probably in better shape than tall pines.

I have always been surprised that ASC and TP are not one club......but I thought they always worked together anyways.

Great to hear from Nunz's update that the call for need sounds like it has been either answered or partially answered!

Archived