Cat dealer closing

soupkids

3 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Going to be interested in seeing the shakeup from Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s amalgamation.

They have so many stores in the USA that are within a mile or two of each other which is crazy under single ownership.  Going to be a lot of empty Big Boxes in both Canada and the US in the next year or so.

I think the power sports manufacturers are cutting their own throat in the long term by hammering their dealers so hard in every imaginable way.  Much of their business was generated in the smaller cities, towns and villages but no more.

Great to see amazing small business families like Rosseau Road see an opportunity to expand their business based upon customer service and integrity and being a community supporter.

BP and Cabelas.  Cabelas is mainly a retail clothing store here with very little value add.  Not gonna survive moving forward.

Bayou Park didn't sell new AC sleds, just ATV's and SxS. I noticed it was pretty barren looking the last time I went by.

McCauleys in Orillia sell AC sleds but not any of the other Textron products. 

I did notice the other night that Arnie's in Port Sydney had an illuminated Arctic Cat sign, they ended their relationship with Cat around 2016. Makes you wonder if they're back as a Cat dealer.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:58 PM, Micar said:

Bayou Park didn't sell new AC sleds, just ATV's and SxS. I noticed it was pretty barren looking the last time I went by.

I did notice the other night that Arnie's in Port Sydney had an illuminated Arctic Cat sign, they ended their relationship with Cat around 2016. Makes you wonder if they're back as a Cat dealer.

I do not think that arnie is a dealer again. I talked to Bev at the show and Arnie is doing well but has survived a heart attack 

On 11/7/2018 at 10:51 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

BP and Cabelas.  Cabelas is mainly a retail clothing store here with very little value add.  Not gonna survive moving forward.

Hard to say what Bass Pro has in mind w/ Cabelas since the purchase.

The chap that owns the Camping World chain in the US purchased the bankrupt Gander Mountain chain & reorganized it (w/ store closings) as Gander Outdoors.

On 11/7/2018 at 10:58 PM, Micar said:

2 hours ago, Wildbill said:

I do not think that arnie is a dealer again. I talked to Bev at the show and Arnie is doing well but has survived a heart attack 

Do they still own the building in Novar? I think it still has the Cat signs on it as well.

It makes you wonder why a business that isn't officially a brand's dealer would have that brand's signage.

I know of a couple of auto shops that specialize solely on a particular import brand. Yes the brand is mentioned in their signage, but they don't use the brand's logo.

4 hours ago, revrnd said:

Do they still own the building in Novar? I think it still has the Cat signs on it as well.

It makes you wonder why a business that isn't officially a brand's dealer would have that brand's signage.

I know of a couple of auto shops that specialize solely on a particular import brand. Yes the brand is mentioned in their signage, but they don't use the brand's logo.

New Ontario cat rep will likely change that 

The Cat House in Novar is now a heating contractor. 

They are now beside Brownlee Equipment in Port Sydney, with an Arctic Cat sign above the door. Bunch of older model sleds outside. 

Sorry to hear about the heart attack...

I am surprised that Cat doesnt force them to take down any signage?    When my buddy closed his Polaris shop it was part of the terms of his restocking that he must have the Polaris sign down and send pics before they would take back any of his product. 

My dad was partners in a GM dealership years ago and at that time GM owned the dealerships signage.    The dealer leases it back.   If the dealership closes, GM has someone there that day grabbing all signage.   

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:58 PM, Micar said:

Rob that owned Bayou passed away 1-2 years ago of a sudden heart attack.  His wife didn't want to keep it open AFAIK.  She sold the building and the new owner isn't staying with Cat.  They are going to be a shop that sells used parts

39 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I am surprised that Cat doesnt force them to take down any signage?    When my buddy closed his Polaris shop it was part of the terms of his restocking that he must have the Polaris sign down and send pics before they would take back any of his product. 

My dad was partners in a GM dealership years ago and at that time GM owned the dealerships signage.    The dealer leases it back.   If the dealership closes, GM has someone there that day grabbing all signage.

After GM closed a bunch of dealerships back in '09, I saw a truck on the 401 in western Ontario w/ a bunch of Jerome xxxx signs. I think it was a dealership in Windsor IIRC.

4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Rob that owned Bayou passed away 1-2 years ago of a sudden heart attack.  His wife didn't want to keep it open AFAIK.  She sold the building and the new owner isn't staying with Cat.  They are going to be a shop that sells used parts

I had heard that he was well respected 

12 hours ago, Wildbill said:

I had heard that he was well respected 

He was.  He was a really nice guy and great to deal with

23 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

X2

a couple of the locals bought the place and will be buying up sleds and other power sport things to part out and sell out of there.  

2 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

a couple of the locals bought the place and will be buying up sleds and other power sport things to part out and sell out of there.  

I wonder who. I haven't been out on the street to catch up on the local gossip lately.

Just asking: Do you have A/C hose to make up new lines?

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

I wonder who. I haven't been out on the street to catch up on the local gossip lately.

Just asking: Do you have A/C hose to make up new lines?

The Broeders boys are opening the business.  I don't carry A/C hose here

Archived