OFSC Trail Guide

RAMSOMAIR

Here's another reference to Zoso's post, above.

Trying to ride from Point A to Point B, the map will not let you choose a direct route utilizing Trail 311.

trail zoso.jpg

Edited by Blake G

Another thing that wasn't fixed from last year.... you plan your trip and the route is highlighted in blue. Now what trail are you on. The blue line overlays the trail identifiers and blocks them out. Now you want to print out the map with your route but you don't know what trail your on or what trail to turn onto while riding

Capture.JPG.723c7399ff9c8d4a758364fe361c4319.JPG

You have to print off the narrative that's on the left side of the screen as well

Capture.JPG.2d94d686fd03989ba991651baea0b836.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Is anyone else having a problem when using the plan a trip feature? I am having a real problem getting the "A" & "B" to appear on the map. It will eventually show up after many retries . It ends up magnifying to the closet view and then it will not show up directly on a location. I have to have the curser out in the boonies to get it to show and then move it to my starting or ending location. Both A and B are doing the same thing.

When you click on a point on a trail a small box in the bottom left pops up identifying the trail and club. Click on the arrow in the pop up box and it adds that point to your route. Click on another spot on the trail and then the pop up and so on.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Here's another reference to Zoso's post, above.

Trying to ride from Point A to Point B, the map will not let you choose a direct route utilizing Trail 311.

trail zoso.jpg

It seems that it doesn't think that trail 311 goes all the way thru. Even adding waypoints won't route thru there

I hope they can fix these glitches. In most other respects, I like the new ITG.

Here's a glitch in the Port Sydney area.

Going from points A to B via D Trail presents no problem.

north on d.jpg

Trying to go from A to B on Trail 50 causes an unwanted reroute of about 40 kms.

north on 50.jpg

Edited by Blake G

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

I find the new ITG does similar tricks when I try to plot a route between Gravenhurst and Kearney. If I try to plot a route via Lake Vernon, the routing goes too far north on D trail then reverses and jogs south to get me to my desired path.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

I hope they can fix these glitches. Otherwise, I like the new ITG.

Here's a glitch in the Port Sydney area.

Going from points A to B via D Trail presents no problem.

north on d.jpg

Trying to go from A to B on Trail 50 causes an unwanted reroute of about 40 kms.

north on 50.jpg

It's all a ploy to increase your seasonal mileage .... no problem here folks ....  lol !!!

• Like 1

I've sent a couple of problem notifications to the OFSC link at https://ofscmarketing.typeform.com/to/twTCKn as per their request on Facebook:

It’s that time folks, we are “BETA” launching the Interactive Trail Guide ITG and although there’s still some work to do, it’s your turn to tell us what you think so far!

https://trails.evouala.com/ofsc

A couple of things to mention up front:

There are a few already identified issues to be resolved over the coming weeks, including a continuing upgrade to ensure ITG performance is top notch when the snow starts to fly!

The image below is how the ITG Web Version 2.0 should appear in your browser on a desktop/laptop but if it looks different (route planner across top of the screen), your browser settings are defaulting to a mobile view.

As you requested, routing functionality was the biggest area of development since last season, so we’re asking you to try planning your routes and get comfortable with the new, simplified approach to plan your Ontario snowmobile adventure.

While we will be monitoring Facebook for your comments, we invite everyone to submit their feedback using the following link, as responding to the volume of FB comments poses some resource issues and we want to gather as much information as possible from you to send to the development team in a timely and organized manner

https://ofscmarketing.typeform.com/to/twTCKn

The next updates to the ITG Web Version 2.0 are scheduled for November 22nd at which time we will address as many issues/glitches as possible for the coming season.

8 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

It's all a ploy to increase your seasonal mileage .... no problem here folks ....  lol !!!

Not a bad thing, eh??   LOL

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

Anything green yet? :D

based on the picture Nunz posted from earlier today he should have green at home by tomorrow

• Like 1

13 hours ago, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

I think one of the issues everyone is going to have with this software is that it defaults to picking the shortest distance between two points.  If you're just trying to go from points A to B that works fine but in the case of a snowmobiler, we're usually looking for either the 'longest' route OR a complete loop that brings you back to where you started.  One way to 'trick' the software is by adding more points; start with point 'A' and add points B, C, D etc along your desired route even if you want to come back to where you started as an end point.  That method seems to work just fine for me.  Good luck!

LOL...Look at the loop and double back. I tried everything, and it would not go the shortest route. This is not user error. It is 100% a software glitch. I guarantee  others will find more. The question is, can the developer find them all and remedy it quickly.....or at all.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, 02Sled said:

Another thing that wasn't fixed from last year.... you plan your trip and the route is highlighted in blue. Now what trail are you on. The blue line overlays the trail identifiers and blocks them out. Now you want to print out the map with your route but you don't know what trail your on or what trail to turn onto while riding

Capture.JPG.723c7399ff9c8d4a758364fe361c4319.JPG

You have to print off the narrative that's on the left side of the screen as well

Capture.JPG.2d94d686fd03989ba991651baea0b836.JPG

Actually they have fixed this.  I just noticed it while playing around with it on the phone, and confirmed on the PC.  If you "minimize" the routing window (don't use the "x", but use the "^", and on the mobile I believe it's the "<" symbol) the route now become translucent and you can see all the trail info underneath it.  I guess that's the notification that you "accept" the trail perhaps?

I think the OFSC should have issued more How to videos before asking us to play around with it..  I bet a lot of questions would have been addressed already if they had.

• Like 1

Here are before and after pictures (see the little "^" next to "Plan your trip -click that)

1847302491_ITGbefore.png.01d5944f2a6ad499ad6a69870dd76d88.png

After when the "Plan your trip" arrow is clicked to minimize the screen

795800528_ITGafter.png.77e1063d064dcb16f19145063c7148b8.png

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, paulslund said:

Actually they have fixed this.  I just noticed it while playing around with it on the phone, and confirmed on the PC.  If you "minimize" the routing window (don't use the "x", but use the "^", and on the mobile I believe it's the "<" symbol) the route now become translucent and you can see all the trail info underneath it.  I guess that's the notification that you "accept" the trail perhaps?

I think the OFSC should have issued more How to videos before asking us to play around with it..  I bet a lot of questions would have been addressed already if they had.

I guess it SORT OF works. Your destination points are now "ghosted" as are the trail identifiers. I tried it in both Terrain and Hybrid formats for the base map. I'm not so sure how clear it would be when I print it out. The C trail identifiers are still rather obscured.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ceb2cca5e316c5471b156881d925b64c.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.020e87773b913c3f48444792762f4e00.JPG

47 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I guess it SORT OF works. Your destination points are now "ghosted" as are the trail identifiers. I tried it in both Terrain and Hybrid formats for the base map. I'm not so sure how clear it would be when I print it out. The C trail identifiers are still rather obscured.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ceb2cca5e316c5471b156881d925b64c.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.020e87773b913c3f48444792762f4e00.JPG

You guys might want to get the trail 16 and 19 trail identifiers changed to single trail identifiers. Honey Harbour is the cut off...

Weird - was checking out the Ontario trail map - seems to differ favourably from Firefox when using Explorer - white area on left side can be replaced by various choices-

Firefox:

2093162352_mapfirefox.thumb.jpg.c34e41c601eb4648042ceac5b51319ad.jpg

Explorer:

1386728224_mapexplorer11.jpg.454c1b2f1945fe4bd7641ba5641e51a6.jpg

Left panel on Explorer can be closed showing more map. Map is pretty good so far - hope they keep the " zoom in zoom out " icons on the mobile app -

1581864369_zoominzoomouticons.jpg.81cedc2346a42cedd3f66c3246027dda.jpg

would work great when fingers are cold...

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 9:23 PM, zoso said:

LOL...Look at the loop and double back. I tried everything, and it would not go the shortest route. This is not user error. It is 100% a software glitch. I guarantee  others will find more. The question is, can the developer find them all and remedy it quickly.....or at all.

There's breaks in the trail data causing issues like you mentioned, the developers have developed a tool that's going through the map identifying and stitching, I haven't heard if the breaks have to manually be checked before stitching ? 

2 hours ago, slomo said:

Weird - was checking out the Ontario trail map - seems to differ favourably from Firefox when using Explorer - white area on left side can be replaced by various choices-

Firefox:

2093162352_mapfirefox.thumb.jpg.c34e41c601eb4648042ceac5b51319ad.jpg

Explorer:

1386728224_mapexplorer11.jpg.454c1b2f1945fe4bd7641ba5641e51a6.jpg

Left panel on Explorer can be closed showing more map. Map is pretty good so far - hope they keep the " zoom in zoom out " icons on the mobile app -

1581864369_zoominzoomouticons.jpg.81cedc2346a42cedd3f66c3246027dda.jpg

would work great when fingers are cold...

The lower one looks like it's in mobile view, that's been happening to me with Google Chrome, couldn't find a way to change it. I wiped Chrome and reinstalled and still the same thing, it's a conflict with Chrome and my operating system, and the map.  When using mobile view on desk top the map keeps shrinking as you add routes and they get listed on the top. With Explorer the map works fine for me. The developers are working on correcting this.  

• Thanks 1

Is there an app for the new system yet?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the app will be ready in December. 

4 minutes ago, schmied said:

I'm hopeful that "Counting available trails..." will show us a total KM of open trails so I can waste the bosses money and graph the season out again this year.

Enjoyed it last year. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, schmied said:

I'm hopeful that "Counting available trails..." will show us a total KM of open trails so I can waste the bosses money and graph the season out again this year.

Indeed, Schmied!

Thanks for doing that in 15-16 and 16-17.

Makes a good screen saver.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 1:46 PM, Nutter said:

There's breaks in the trail data causing issues like you mentioned, the developers have developed a tool that's going through the map identifying and stitching, I haven't heard if the breaks have to manually be checked before stitching ? 

The lower one looks like it's in mobile view, that's been happening to me with Google Chrome, couldn't find a way to change it. I wiped Chrome and reinstalled and still the same thing, it's a conflict with Chrome and my operating system, and the map.  When using mobile view on desk top the map keeps shrinking as you add routes and they get listed on the top. With Explorer the map works fine for me. The developers are working on correcting this.  

nothing fixed yet