OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Hmmmm... I'm at 2 1/2 weeks. Guess I'll wait a bit more before I go in search.

My buddy ordered 2 on the 30th and he still hasn't received them either as of yet

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, reevester said:

Ordered mine the 31st and just got the tracking order yesterday. 

Ordered last permit on 30th and received it last Friday.

I have mail that seems to be delayed by the postal strikes. Most mail for Ontario apparently goes through the massive sorting plants in the Toronto area.

9 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

My buddy ordered 2 on the 30th and he still hasn't received them either as of yet

Me as well, X2.

13 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I ordered 2 on oct 30 both where delivered last Friday 

I just received an email from the OFSC letting me know that my permit is on its way but may be delayed.  They sent a temporary permit to print off until mine arrives.  Only thing is, I received my permit at the beginning of November.

6 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I just received an email from the OFSC letting me know that my permit is on its way but may be delayed.  They sent a temporary permit to print off until mine arrives.  Only thing is, I received my permit at the beginning of November.

Everyone who has purchased a permit got the email.  Just in case!

Ordered mine Nov 1, yeah I know I'm a procrastinator, but both passes came in the mail Tuesday the 20th.

16 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Everyone who has purchased a permit got the email.  Just in case!

I didn't receive an email. Is this since a certain date, as in those who purchased since the Nov 1 deadline?

Nevermind, I got the email seconds after I posted my question. LOL

20 minutes ago, Crow said:

Ordered mine Nov 1, yeah I know I'm a procrastinator, but both passes came in the mail Tuesday the 20th.

I didn't receive an email. Is this since a certain date, as in those who purchased since the Nov 1 deadline?

Nevermind, I got the email seconds after I posted my question. LOL

Maybe your email is coming. The distribution list would be enormous for the emails to go out. I ordered our permits Oct.1 and got them very quickly but also got the email

I ordered my 2 permits on October 25th and they arrived in the mail on October 30th.  I just got the email about a hour ago sending me a temp permit.  A little mixed up i'd say.

17 minutes ago, GibsonNytro said:

I ordered my 2 permits on October 25th and they arrived in the mail on October 30th.  I just got the email about a hour ago sending me a temp permit.  A little mixed up i'd say.

Really there isn't any way for them to know whether you received your permit or whether it's hung in the rotating postal strikes unless you paid for tracking. They are being proactive and taking care of their customers. I don't see it as mixed up. I'm sure they are getting quite a few anxious people contacting them thanks to the postal strike.

Ordered mine early Oct, got them 2 weeks later, no email.

A friend called me today. This fall he separately ordered permits for his sled & the wife's. Sled's are registered in each of their names & he filled the application in each of their names. He got the permits in the mail & both permits are in his wife's name. He is concerned about the discrepancy if they are stopped by the cops. Contacting the OFSC & they want 15 bucks to transfer the permit to his name. He more or less told me they should go (fill in the blank). Also, he could solve this in the future by having separate email addresses for the two of them. They don't as they aren't big on the internet or computers.

I told him that both of our sleds were permitted in my name (separate registrations though). Also, I've never been asked for the permit paperwork just DL, registration & ins'. He's been out of the sport for several years & just doesn't want the hassle if a cop has an ugly on.

For those of you that have a sled for you & the spouse, what do yo do each fall when purchasing permits?

All permits in our household come from the same email address, mine. I paid for them, and all sleds in the yard, regardless of who they are registered to.  A cop gonna kiss my lily white a$$ if he's going to get uptight about that.

Your friend has nothing to worry about, as long as he's polite with the cop, and it could be handy to keep the trail permit paperwork with the sleds, just in case. 

40 minutes ago, revrnd said:

A friend called me today. This fall he separately ordered permits for his sled & the wife's. Sled's are registered in each of their names & he filled the application in each of their names. He got the permits in the mail & both permits are in his wife's name. He is concerned about the discrepancy if they are stopped by the cops. Contacting the OFSC & they want 15 bucks to transfer the permit to his name. He more or less told me they should go (fill in the blank). Also, he could solve this in the future by having separate email addresses for the two of them. They don't as they aren't big on the internet or computers.

I told him that both of our sleds were permitted in my name (separate registrations though). Also, I've never been asked for the permit paperwork just DL, registration & ins'. He's been out of the sport for several years & just doesn't want the hassle if a cop has an ugly on.

For those of you that have a sled for you & the spouse, what do yo do each fall when purchasing permits?

For convenience both our sleds are in my name as are the truck and suv. That way everything renews for the Val tag at the same time. We've never been asked for paperwork for the trail permits. They just cared they were stuck on the sleds. The only scrutiny ever was they looked at the permit numbers the year a bunch of them were stolen. Still no paperwork

We just put both of our permits under one name, ownerships are separate names.

As long as the permit matches the sled vin# I do not see the issue. Permits are for the sled, no for the person.. 

Our sleds are registered separately (wife's is newer), same e-mail address --ordered trail passes together  ; no problem ever on the trails.

5 hours ago, bucko said:

Our sleds are registered separately (wife's is newer), same e-mail address --ordered trail passes together  ; no problem ever on the trails.

Bucko, your last name wouldn't happen be McCoy would it?

Thanks guys for the responses. I will pass on the comments to my friend.

Archived