OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

36 minutes ago, Panther340 said:

I could thank you O2Sled.....I will gladly accept a early Christmas gift ........although my 340 Panther would have a hard time lasting very long on a trail excursion. :-D

:-D It had all the details too... VIN and license number

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, irREVerent said:

Hmmm, that never occurred to me...maybe you're right.

Or maybe the confirmation email got caught by your junk filter?

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

Or maybe the confirmation email got caught by your junk filter?

Nope, checked that.

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

They just may be caught up in the strike. Just because the processor put them into the postal system doesn't mean the rotating strikes won't delay the delivery. It still has to go through the postal system.

Purlolator package we were expecting at office has been 'in system' for a week. Not just mail... Purolator 'courier' (91 % owned by Canada Post according to Wiki) also caught up in this. 

11 hours ago, Canuck said:

Sorry to hear, Lep.

You may be on the fence, so Zoso's point re: cost and value should be considered.

Happy trails, in any event. 

John u know me to well....one will have a OFSC permit...the other's well I have a few days yet to decide....all of them do have Qu permits on and ready to go.....

4 hours ago, Canuck said:

Purlolator package we were expecting at office has been 'in system' for a week. Not just mail... Purolator 'courier' (91 % owned by Canada Post according to Wiki) also caught up in this. 

I was wondering about that when I heard Purolator could be an alternative. I thought, that's 'related' to Canada Post so that might not be a sure fire idea. 

Finally got my permits ordered today. it took 3 tries and an email to OFSC as you can't call them, and i had to get my IT guy to help. I decided to ship to an alternate address(work) and it would hang up after the waivers and would NOT go to the payment screen. It turns out if you input an address, make sure you do it in ALL CAPS.

It took my IT guy to figure that out. He said shitty program debugging to not catch that issue.

3 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Finally got my permits ordered today. it took 3 tries and an email to OFSC as you can't call them, and i had to get my IT guy to help. I decided to ship to an alternate address(work) and it would hang up after the waivers and would NOT go to the payment screen. It turns out if you input an address, make sure you do it in ALL CAPS.

It took my IT guy to figure that out. He said shitty program debugging to not catch that issue.

They coulda used string upper....

1. #include <stdio.h>
  2. #include <string.h>
  4. int main()
  5. {
  6.    char string[1000];//holds text entry
  8.    printf("Input a string to convert to upper case\n");
  9.    gets(string);//text entry to variable
  10.    //raise all characters to upper case
  11.    printf("The string in upper case: %s\n", strupr(string));
  13.    return  0;
  14. }

18 hours ago, slomo said:

They coulda used string upper....

1. #include <stdio.h>
  2. #include <string.h>
  4. int main()
  5. {
  6.    char string[1000];//holds text entry
  8.    printf("Input a string to convert to upper case\n");
  9.    gets(string);//text entry to variable
  10.    //raise all characters to upper case
  11.    printf("The string in upper case: %s\n", strupr(string));
  13.    return  0;
  14. }

And people criticize me for my efforts to improve the English vocabulary of the members...

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Yamatario said:

I see you got called out on FB by the OFSC

2 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I see you got called out on FB by the OFSC

Nothing wrong with defending yourself from slagging. I hope we see it more. 

Its tiring seeing people on forums and not just here slagging people who are also volunteers by name who dont even have a account on here to defend themselves. 

I can't seem to get past the read and acknowledge page to purchase my pass for the season. There's nowhere to accept the terms and conditions and finish the transaction.  ???? I'm stumped. Help

Edit... nm. figured out how to scroll down hah

5 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I can't seem to get past the read and acknowledge page to purchase my pass for the season. There's nowhere to accept the terms and conditions and finish the transaction.  ???? I'm stumped. Help

Are pop ups enabled on your browser?

Braap on, Frosty!!!

Ordered mine on the 18th and received it today.

4 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Nothing wrong with defending yourself from slagging. I hope we see it more. 

Its tiring seeing people on forums and not just here slagging people who are also volunteers by name who dont even have a account on here to defend themselves. 

Well, you have your opinion, but they just slagged me, if not for someone mentioning the facebook post i would have never known. If they didn't like a paying customer's post, then why not contact them direct. they have all my contact and business contact info from the emails. As for Volunteers, these are are paid staff and contract programmers that 2 of my permits have helped to support.

I looked for their thread & suggested they look into something more relevant for a security question. 

How about using a simple question for the security question? Who was your Grade 3 teacher? Really, most use your mother's maiden name or something that people won't struggle with a year from now.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:26 PM, Yamatario said:

Well, you have your opinion, but they just slagged me, if not for someone mentioning the facebook post i would have never known. If they didn't like a paying customer's post, then why not contact them direct. they have all my contact and business contact info from the emails. As for Volunteers, these are are paid staff and contract programmers that 2 of my permits have helped to support.

For many criticism is taboo. This is the culture that sent the entire system into the dissaray it currently finds itself in. 

On 10/26/2018 at 10:26 PM, Yamatario said:

IMHO it would have shown more class if they had stopped after their statement and not included your post. They could have also pm'd you with their explanation on OC since they would have no way of knowing if you would see their Facebook post.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, gobills said:

Anyone who has a new sled coming and ways to order the permit but does not have the vin or licence number.

Here is what works

Vin

Sn1 then 14 zeros

Licence

Newsled

Got an email from one of our executive members who has tried to buy a permit for an undelivered sled & it was a no go.

On 10/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I read on this forum some time ago that there are no longer  District Numbers, only names. Seems it must be easier to remember all the names than simply a number. Wizard thinking i guess. JMHO.

Not sure if any money goes to the club now when you pick one.

On 10/23/2018 at 11:54 PM, Big Pete said:

Part of the mOTS initiative was for Districts to select names that more aptly described where they were located. This was being done for marketing purposes. District 6 is now called Snow Country Snowmobile Region.  District 1 is in the process of formally changing its name to Upper Canada Snowmobile Region. There may be others but I am not sure. 

From what I have seen, all permits documentation has district 0 on it. This may have been the result of the the OFDSC cancelling the amalgamation of the 16 district into 12 which would have changed what clubs are assigned to what districts. The permit money will go to the district to which the club is assigned. Out would be the District that then funds the club operations.

The districts have had 'nicknames' for years D2: Central Eastern Area Snowmobile Region, D12: Sudbury Trail Plan, D14: TATA. 

For the geographically challenged, the numbers was probably better. I worked the D2 booth a few times over the years & had people pick up a map & look at the display & the map blowup behind us. They'll ask us where are we & I'll say Peterborough & Hastings counties. "Oh, we don't ride there" & they'll put down the map then walk to the next booth.

24 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Got an email from one of our executive members who has tried to buy a permit for an undelivered sled & it was a no go.

The districts have had 'nicknames' for years D2: Central Eastern Area Snowmobile Region, D12: Sudbury Trail Plan, D14: TATA. 

For the geographically challenged, the numbers was probably better. I worked the D2 booth a few times over the years & had people pick up a map & look at the display & the map blowup behind us. They'll ask us where are we & I'll say Peterborough & Hastings counties. "Oh, we don't ride there" & they'll put down the map then walk to the next booth.

Not sure what happened with your buddy.

It does work i just did it.  Maybe capitals might be what he needs to do.

Archived