OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

I ordered mine today. Wish I could just go down to the head office and pick it up.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I did order ours there was an aberration. For some reason under our sleds there was a 340 Panther listed. Never had one so I don't know how it got there. I did delete it. Seems like there was a partial merging of data files.

Well still on fence about OFSC permit....last jan after first ride I traded the rocket for another rocket...EMAILED the palace 3 times...first time took my coin and all is well permit should be on its way....well 2 more emails and 2900km later still no permit.....Total BS....I know the Quebec one will be on rocket after this weekend.....with the way the palace is saying .... trailer to the snow and have all of Ontario riding the 3-6 districts ......didn't they piss money away a few yrs ago with a survey stating  no body trailers....more BS but some don't forget lol....if our group is going to trailer 5-10hrs we are going to explore the west quebec area for the next few seasons.....for around home I don't think its going to happen this yr....first time in 30plus yrs.....its just a matter of time with all the mountain wantabees running all over the north thinking they own it... sledding and landowners are going to be battling real soon....just the same as the south .....it only takes one and trail is gone..

After waiting all week for the 2nd permit to arrive I looked in the envelope again.

Both permits are in it.

They a perfectly lined up and look like one permit

7 hours ago, Lep said:

Well still on fence about OFSC permit....last jan after first ride I traded the rocket for another rocket...EMAILED the palace 3 times...first time took my coin and all is well permit should be on its way....well 2 more emails and 2900km later still no permit.....Total BS....I know the Quebec one will be on rocket after this weekend.....with the way the palace is saying .... trailer to the snow and have all of Ontario riding the 3-6 districts ......didn't they piss money away a few yrs ago with a survey stating  no body trailers....more BS but some don't forget lol....if our group is going to trailer 5-10hrs we are going to explore the west quebec area for the next few seasons.....for around home I don't think its going to happen this yr....first time in 30plus yrs.....its just a matter of time with all the mountain wantabees running all over the north thinking they own it... sledding and landowners are going to be battling real soon....just the same as the south .....it only takes one and trail is gone..

Yet they publish this gem on the website.  

NEED TO COMPLETE A PERMIT TRANSFER? IT'S AS EASY AS 1-2-3

Please visit the Permit Terms and Conditions page to find the process that fits your permit transfer!

In regards to the Ontario permit, 200 bucks if you use it a few times is money well spent. I am now an hour away from quebec trails but know I can ride from home for at least a few days and can trailer to Ontario snow in an under two hours.

Yes after a few days I got my other email stating my status on my permit which I received today. YAYHOO. 

One thing I noticed was on my paperwork where it states my club I chose and under that the district. The district is listed on it 0 instead of 10. Does this mean my district wont be getting the money or will the club name suffice does anyone here know??

IMG_6542.jpg

IMG_6543.jpg

I read on this forum some time ago that there are no longer  District Numbers, only names. Seems it must be easier to remember all the names than simply a number. Wizard thinking i guess. JMHO.

Not sure if any money goes to the club now when you pick one.

21 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I read on this forum some time ago that there are no longer  District Numbers, only names. Seems it must be easier to remember all the names than simply a number. Wizard thinking i guess. JMHO.

Not sure if any money goes to the club now when you pick one.

And ironically the MTO believes it is easier to remember numbers. That is why the exits are numbered. Instead of telling someone to take the Honey Harbour Rd. Exit... just tell them exit 156. I prefer numbers over descriptions. Some descriptions can be very ambiguous.

Part of the mOTS initiative was for Districts to select names that more aptly described where they were located. This was being done for marketing purposes. District 6 is now called Snow Country Snowmobile Region.  District 1 is in the process of formally changing its name to Upper Canada Snowmobile Region. There may be others but I am not sure. 

From what I have seen, all permits documentation has district 0 on it. This may have been the result of the the OFDSC cancelling the amalgamation of the 16 district into 12 which would have changed what clubs are assigned to what districts. The permit money will go to the district to which the club is assigned. Out would be the District that then funds the club operations.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:54 AM, Lep said:

...  first time in 30plus yrs.....

Sorry to hear, Lep.

You may be on the fence, so Zoso's point re: cost and value should be considered.

Happy trails, in any event. 

19 hours ago, gobills said:

Anyone who has a new sled coming and ways to order the permit but does not have the vin or licence number.

Here is what works

Vin

Sn1 then 14 zeros

Licence

Newsled

Just got my VIN for new sled, no license number yet, not til end of Nov.

19 hours ago, 02Sled said:

And ironically the MTO believes it is easier to remember numbers. That is why the exits are numbered. Instead of telling someone to take the Honey Harbour Rd. Exit... just tell them exit 156. I prefer numbers over descriptions. Some descriptions can be very ambiguous.

When the exits are mile markers.  I hated it when we had exit 10, then 11a, 11b, then 12 all 30 km apart.

49 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Just received confirmation that the permit shipped today.

Unlike previous years, I never received any email confirmation that my permits had been shipped...wasn't sure of their status until they "magically" showed up in our mailbox yesterday.  I'm just glad they didn't get caught up in the Canada Post rotating strike mess. 

21 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

Unlike previous years, I never received any email confirmation that my permits had been shipped...wasn't sure of their status until they "magically" showed up in our mailbox yesterday.  I'm just glad they didn't get caught up in the Canada Post rotating strike mess. 

Same here, thought maybe because I didn't pay for tracking?

On 10/19/2018 at 6:10 PM, 02Sled said:

When I did order ours there was an aberration. For some reason under our sleds there was a 340 Panther listed. Never had one so I don't know how it got there. I did delete it. Seems like there was a partial merging of data files.

Were you buying a permit for an OCer up north? LOL

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

When the exits are mile markers.  I hated it when we had exit 10, then 11a, 11b, then 12 all 30 km apart.

Some states are still in the dark ages when it comes to numbering their exits...

43 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

They just may be caught up in the strike. Just because the processor put them into the postal system doesn't mean the rotating strikes won't delay the delivery. It still has to go through the postal system.

46 minutes ago, gobills said:

Just put newsled in and change it online later.

That's what I plan on doing.

Ordered my permit this morning, no issues. Like someone posted earlier, the security questions seem a bit over the top...

45 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

They just may be caught up in the strike. Just because the processor put them into the postal system doesn't mean the rotating strikes won't delay the delivery. It still has to go through the postal system.

Uhhh, no 02...as I said, since I received them yesterday, I was glad they had NOT been caught up in the strike action. My point was that the usual email notice when they were shipped was never sent by the processor.

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

Same here, thought maybe because I didn't pay for tracking?

Hmmm, that never occurred to me...maybe you're right.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, 02Sled said:

I could thank you O2Sled.....I will gladly accept a early Christmas gift ........although my 340 Panther would have a hard time lasting very long on a trail excursion. :-D

Archived