OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

37 minutes ago, slomo said:

Talk about a bargain!!! I already have 620 kilometers on my 2018 trail pass and the trails aren't even open yet! Ha! Beat that Nunzio!

77790718_trailpassprogress.jpg.a3913b4dd09f3b7047afda23b8991554.jpg

Conditions not so good in Owen Sound. Damn glad I paid extra for the tracking - ordered October 1st and arrived (eventually) here today.

Your making me nervous, didn't pay for tracking

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the part of the ordering process where you get to see all the sleds you have bought permits for ( if you don’t delete them) . Let’s me see that I have a problem with purchasing sleds. It’s kind of nostalgic  , like thinking of old girlfriends. 

I got the confirmation today that mine are in the mail.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:16 AM, 02Sled said:

I'm like you. I keep it in the jacket pocket along with insurance. God help me if I take it out.

I leave all my ownership and insurance in my file at home. just carry photocopy with both sleds on one sheet with insurance. Only have to show proof not originals. we do the same at work with company vehicles.

3 hours ago, Yamatario said:

I leave all my ownership and insurance in my file at home. just carry photocopy with both sleds on one sheet with insurance. Only have to show proof not originals. we do the same at work with company vehicles.

Good idea. Always carry originals and show originals (mostly in Muskoka... sometimes twice a day). Pain in keyster when we were running 4 sleds. 

I've had police satisfied with photocopies of heavy truck ownerships, but not happy with photocopies of insurance slips.

Always keep sled originals with me in my purse (along with wallet, keys, back pills, and emergency food.)

Ontario has been working on a system to allow electronic proof of insurance coverage. Something like a picture of your pink slip on your phone would be all you need as proof of coverage. Apparently it isn't as simple as it seems in that they have to make it impossible to alter so the planned 2018 startup likely won't happen. There is one other province already using the system.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

I've had police satisfied with photocopies of heavy truck ownerships, but not happy with photocopies of insurance slips.

Always keep sled originals with me in my purse (along with wallet, keys, back pills, and emergency food.)

Insurance is so easy to get multiple copies of. I go online and request extra insurance slips and a few days later they arrive so I always have spares.

Yes multiple slips are provided, but it is easy to have all the ownership and the single insurance slip all on one sheet in your wallet. Now you can take any vehicle or sled and have all the proof needed.

AFAIK, insurance slip must be original and registrations must be 'true' copies.  In other words, all information from both sides.

I keep a small sealable tupperware for each sled/atv with original insurance and good copy of ownership.  

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

That is what I have been told by the officers as well as others.

Yea not screwing up a good trail day because of a sticky cop! I've even had one call in my vin about 10 years ago once on the rail trail by haliburton. Don't know what his problem was all my paperwork was in order.

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

Yea not screwing up a good trail day because of a sticky cop! I've even had one call in my vin about 10 years ago once on the rail trail by haliburton. Don't know what his problem was all my paperwork was in order.

Some of them are p!$$@d that they are on sled duty. Some are out to make a name for themselves. Some are are just miserable enough that they want to screw up everybody's day.

54 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Some of them are p!$$@d that they are on sled duty. Some are out to make a name for themselves. Some are are just miserable enough that they want to screw up everybody's day.

Maybe those you ran across that were not in the best of moods had just finished dealing with snowmobilers that made their jobs harder and gave them a whole bunch of attitude. I don't come across many OPP on the trail. Almost all of those that I have either just wave as I go by or I slow down they see my license tag and trail permit and then they wave. I have had to stop once when they were checking the numbers on the trail permits for some that had been stolen and only a couple of times where they asked to see documents. Once when they checked was at the end of an open field where it meets the trail coming out of Coldwater. He says you know you were speeding a bit. Yeah the trail was rough and very slow then we hit the field. He checks the documents and says having all the proper documents and trail permit gets you forgiveness, your speed wasn't outrageous. The two with my partner were doing about 100, don't have all their documents and started off with you don't have anything better to do than hassle us.

My understanding is those on sleds actually request being on the SAVE team. Snowmobile, ATV and Vessel Enforcement if I am not mistaken.

Anyone from the states order one yet???

Is $20 for shipping normal??? I have never bought a season before, just the per day so didn’t know there is a shipping charge!!!

Also, if there is a couple of us ordering, anyway to combine shipping? Or would we have to say all the sleds are in one persons name?

TY!!!

$20 is the normal shipping fee to the U.S., and there is no way to pair up and save anything.

12 minutes ago, Blake G said:

$20 is the normal shipping fee to the U.S., and there is no way to pair up and save anything.

Blake,

TY!!!

That stinks...

It’s to bad we can’t order and just pick up at the Novi Snow Show!!!

Still good value though.

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

Still good value though.

Yes it is!!!

2 hours ago, gobills said:

Find a Canadian to ship it too and pick them up there.  Or use a po box.  But seriously with the dollar your already saving.

We definitely do have an advantage in regards to the exchange rate. 

I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask, but if we have to pay the $20, it’s still an awesome value!!!

Hoping for an awesome season!!!

TY guys!!!

3 hours ago, F8 EXT said:

Blake,

TY!!!

That stinks...

It’s to bad we can’t order and just pick up at the Novi Snow Show!!!

With the US exchange you're getting a bargain. $20 is for courier 

Ordered both permits at the same time.

Got one in the mail today.

WTF ???? 

Archived