OFSC Online Purchasing for 2018-2019

Blake G

System worked great this morning!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, gobills said:

Works great but theres  no option to put pending in for vin number or licence number this year.

Same here, I emailed the OFSC and will see what the reply is, however I did copy and paste another sled we have and changed it to a 2019 and the correct model and changed a couple numbers of the VIN number and it would work, I will just wait a couple of weeks and see if the new sled gets shipped and order the passes then.

Here is the reply I just got back about 10 minutes after I emailed them.

Good Morning Nunzio

Due to Ministry stipulations, you must have an accurate VIN and Plate number for the permit to be a legal document. You can try contacting your dealer to see if they have the VINs and plate numbers available. They often do. Or, you can buy the permit under your old sled, and then when the permit comes, contact us for a transfer form. There will be a change of $15 to transfer the permit from the previous sled to the new sled. 

Lenisa

OFSC Rider Services Representative

9-501 Welham Rd, Barrie, ON L4N 6Z8

705-739-7669 Ext 237/lmalfait@ofsc.on.ca

Reminder - For updates on trail status across Ontario, the OFSC recommends that prior to accessing a trail that snowmobilers visit the Interactive Trail Guide at www.ofsc.on.ca to confirm trail availability

Errors when trying to update my email address.  Telling me I've entered an invalid one. ( I hadn't)  Even tried leaving the current one, same error.

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

Good Morning Nunzio

Due to Ministry stipulations, you must have an accurate VIN and Plate number for the permit to be a legal document. You can try contacting your dealer to see if they have the VINs and plate numbers available. They often do. Or, you can buy the permit under your old sled, and then when the permit comes, contact us for a transfer form. There will be a change of $15 to transfer the permit from the previous sled to the new sled. 

Lenisa

Reminder - For updates on trail status across Ontario, the OFSC recommends that prior to accessing a trail that snowmobilers visit the Interactive Trail Guide at www.ofsc.on.ca to confirm trail availability

I would not do that after the bad experience I had a few years back.  Bought a new sled after selling the one I had purchased a permit for and paid the transfer fee and waited, and waited, and waited and...….

Finally stuck the tag on my new sled and at the very end of the entire season got notice that the switch had been made.  Luck was with me and never got stopped with the wrong paperwork and the copies of my emails to change it.   

Did anybody get a purchase receipt sent to their mailbox to print off? I ordered my passes but didn’t get a confirmation email...

38 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Did anybody get a purchase receipt sent to their mailbox to print off? I ordered my passes but didn’t get a confirmation email...

Check your spam folder,the new system may not be recognised. 

I always screen capture my purchases just for this reason...

got it! thanks Yukon..

ordering is fast and easy,took less than five minutes .bring on the snow

19 hours ago, Nunz said:

Good Morning Nunzio

Lenisa

WOW, an email reply from the OFSC 10 mins after you sent it? How good is that. Over the last years we couldn't even find an email address to be able to send to the OFSC. 

Kudos to the NEW OFSC leadership, Staff and Volunteers for making access to them even possible.

Now lets just hope the spoon and pillow thing works.  

2 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

WOW, an email reply from the OFSC 10 mins after you sent it? How good is that. Over the last years we couldn't even find an email address to be able to send to the OFSC. 

Kudos to the NEW OFSC leadership, Staff and Volunteers for making access to them even possible.

Now lets just hope the spoon and pillow thing works.  

lol, whats funny was I actually got 2 replies from different people and a 3rd one reminding that I would also need to input the plate number, I will either order my pass in October if everything shows up and I get the Plate numbers, if not will just pay the extra 30 bucks and do it once, for 15 extra bucks doesn't seem worth the hassle. Will order Karen's permit later this month.

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

lol, whats funny was I actually got 2 replies from different people and a 3rd one reminding that I would also need to input the plate number, I will either order my pass in October if everything shows up and I get the Plate numbers, if not will just pay the extra 30 bucks and do it once, for 15 extra bucks doesn't seem worth the hassle. Will order Karen's permit later this month.

Just order it now, you do not have to carry paperwork with you so it take a pretty serious anal cop to try and cross reference your permit if they even could.

2 minutes ago, zoso said:

Just order it now, you do not have to carry paperwork with you so it take a pretty serious anal cop to try and cross reference your permit if they even could.

It actually happened to us in Timmins last year, they were really nice about it but checked all the registrations, plate numbers and trail passes to make sure they matched. Not to mention if there was an accident or incident I can only imagine that it may give the insurance company a reason to cover a claim as the trail pass wasn't completely valid.

How did they check the permit number, did you give them the paper work, you do not have to carry it by law so if they asked they were asking for something you are not legally obliged to carry. In regards to insurance, I hardly think you could be denied because of this. However if it makes you feel better then by all means pay the additional monies. There is no way I would pay more. With that being said, the OFSC needs to address this issue as it happens to everyone that buys a new sled and gets it delivered after the deadline. there is no way for a dealer to know your new plate number until the unit is registered so even if you got the vin you would still technically be illegal. Also I do think it should be in the MSVA that you must carry the paperwork from the permit showing it belongs to the sled( it is currently not in there and all it says is proof of purchase is possession of permit and having it affixed in the proper location on the sled.) and police should always demand it, otherwise it opens the door to fraud. Yes you would have to lie on a police report to commit the fraud, but some people do not care about engaging in this type of behavior to save 200 bucks .

Permit prices are too low.

Throwing in a few extra bucks won't slow Nunz down very much.

16 minutes ago, Blake G said:

There shouldn't be a discount on a single permit, however they should be on multiple permits registered to the same home.  Much like the quad clubs are doing.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

How did they check the permit number, did you give them the paper work, you do not have to carry it by law so if they asked they were asking for something you are not legally obliged to carry. In regards to insurance, I hardly think you could be denied because of this. However if it makes you feel better then by all means pay the additional monies. There is no way I would pay more. With that being said, the OFSC needs to address this issue as it happens to everyone that buys a new sled and gets it delivered after the deadline. there is no way for a dealer to know your new plate number until the unit is registered so even if you got the vin you would still technically be illegal. Also I do think it should be in the MSVA that you must carry the paperwork from the permit showing it belongs to the sled( it is currently not in there and all it says is proof of purchase is possession of permit and having it affixed in the proper location on the sled.) and police should always demand it, otherwise it opens the door to fraud. Yes you would have to lie on a police report to commit the fraud, but some people do not care about engaging in this type of behavior to save 200 bucks .

In my opinion again and I restate for the extra 30 bucks it's going to potentially cost in the event of waiting till November to get my pass means that in the event that something should happen I know that I am covered no matter what, I am good with that, in the grand scheme of what we spend on gear, vehicles, the machines what is $30 bucks, maybe a lunch stop somewhere.... The answer to your question is yes we carry with us the Paperwork that comes with the trail pass as I was under the impression you were required to carry it with you, maybe I am wrong but we do anyways....

Nunzio

39 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

There shouldn't be a discount on a single permit, however they should be on multiple permits registered to the same home.  Much like the quad clubs are doing.

Agreed - they charge you for each permit to be mailed and then mail them in the same envelope.  It would also be nice if they sealed the envelope, the past 2 years I've got my passes in an open/not sealed envelope.  Surprised they were still in there when they arrived at the house. 

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

X2.... another $15 to do it right.... that's less than lunch on the trail.

46 minutes ago, Nunz said:

In my opinion again and I restate for the extra 30 bucks it's going to potentially cost in the event of waiting till November to get my pass means that in the event that something should happen I know that I am covered no matter what, I am good with that, in the grand scheme of what we spend on gear, vehicles, the machines what is $30 bucks, maybe a lunch stop somewhere.... The answer to your question is yes we carry with us the Paperwork that comes with the trail pass as I was under the impression you were required to carry it with you, maybe I am wrong but we do anyways....

Nunzio

i carry mine as well because you cannot win an argument on the side of the trail and who the hell would want to go back to a town to fight a ticket if you did get one and were travelling. yya, 30 bucks is nothing these days, I just dropped 250 on carbides for my simmons skis.

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

For sure they are, 190 bucks, hell they were 180  well over a decade ago. I can think of nothing that has risen only 5% in the past 15 years. permit should be at min 250 before nov and after dec 1 400.

Archived