Doo dealer visit today..

Turbo Doo

Had a little visit at the Doo dealer today. A few things have arrived for me. One of them stayed in the crate. Do not really need it just yet..:cool:.. But i promise to post pics when i pick it up..:snow-141::icon_steer:.. on another note, Mrs Iq turbo and myself did pick up our other snow checked/pre ordered doo stuff. Our new Oxygen helmets are in.  Very very happy with the new helmets. Looking forward to trying these things out. Just a few pics of the new oxygen helmets and one teaser "crate" pic..:cool:B).

20180922_155806.jpg

20180922_155751.jpg

20180922_155926.jpg

20180922_155835.jpg

20180922_155818.jpg

20180922_155911.jpg

20180922_155853.jpg

Good stuff IQ, we picked up Karen's Oxygen helmet a few weeks ago, hoping it works as advertised and the price they charged for it. The plug in tab at the back is pretty cool.

Nice helmets Jeff new helmet, new sled,life is good in Ontario will be looking for the pics of the new sled

Congrats 

Greg

These are "old skewl" helmets?

No - pop-a-top lids on these?

I bought a new HJC a few years ago and I just could not pull it down far enough.

I felt that it should come down at least another inch, maybe inch-n-a-half?

I bought it anyhow as I figgered that they werk for everyone else, it'll be OK.

Well it is COLD! The wind howls through there when I get stuck on the trail heading back to the truck.

It will now be a summer use only helmet.

I went back to my old Laser (and buying them up on e-bay as I see them)

How would you say these compare with my cold HJC?

4 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Nice helmets Jeff new helmet, new sled,life is good in Ontario will be looking for the pics of the new sled

Congrats 

Greg

Hope all is well with you guys Greg. Yes, life is going along at a nice pace. Looking forward to the upcoming season.  I promise to post pics of the new sled..B)

6 minutes ago, Ox said:

These are "old skewl" helmets?

No - pop-a-top lids on these?

I bought a new HJC a few years ago and I just could not pull it down far enough.

I felt that it should come down at least another inch, maybe inch-n-a-half?

I bought it anyhow as I figgered that they werk for everyone else, it'll be OK.

Well it is COLD! The wind howls through there when I get stuck on the trail heading back to the truck.

It will now be a summer use only helmet.

I went back to my old Laser (and buying them up on e-bay as I see them)

How would you say these compare with my cold HJC?

Ox, from what i can tell, the 'seal' in this thing is impressive.  When i had it on, the noise level and comfort level is second to none.  Also from my perspective it will be a very warm helmet.  It is also temperature controlled inside. Has a few levels of heat adjustment in it also. See the pic i posted of the controller. 

20180922_155818.jpg

That skidoo crate looks pretty sharp Jeff ha ha !

doesnt take much bring the sled itch back when your new ride shows up 

congrats ! 

Congratulations, Jeff.  I guess the Turbo part sticks again.  Now for the IQ???? :lmao::

12 hours ago, signfan said:

Nice lids.  Definately on the "to buy list" once everyone has ran them for a season and worked the bugs out.

For sure. I was able to get a BV2S helmet at a great price from a guy in a North Bay motel parking lot who had worn it twice and was thoroughly disgusted with it. Wearing glasses and being a mouth breather due to a couple of broken noses, thought that the BV2S would be the end of my fogging problems. Unfortunately for me, there was no one standing around to whom I could sell the thing after chipping ice from the breathing holes, snot from the face mask, and extricating the fourth or fifth frozen breath pad in the same day at the side of a Kapuskasing trail at -35. After every fix imaginable (at least for me) I got a simple Gmax which has worked great.

When it comes to helmets, 'to each their own'.....usually at some exorbitant cost.

Looking forward to test riding that turbo this season buddy... :D

On 9/22/2018 at 6:45 PM, IQ TURBO said:

Ox, from what i can tell, the 'seal' in this thing is impressive.  When i had it on, the noise level and comfort level is second to none.  Also from my perspective it will be a very warm helmet.  It is also temperature controlled inside. Has a few levels of heat adjustment in it also. See the pic i posted of the controller. 

The helmet is heated? 

5 hours ago, Ox said:

The helmet is heated? 

The visor and the area in which the retractable sun shades/glasses are in, are heated and adjustable with the controller.  I have heard that on the highest setting, you can feel the heat from the sun visor area above your head. From what i can tell so far with wearing it and testing it sitting on  the sled in the garage, is that it is the quietest and warmest helmet i have owned. I will do a little report once i have used it in real world sledding conditions..

41 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

The visor and the area in which the retractable sun shades/glasses are in, are heated and adjustable with the controller.  I have heard that on the highest setting, you can feel the heat from the sun visor area above your head. From what i can tell so far with wearing it and testing it sitting on  the sled in the garage, is that it is the quietest and warmest helmet i have owned. I will do a little report once i have used it in real world sledding conditions..

Well now it may be quiet sitting there but at northern corridor speeds different story lol

29 minutes ago, gobills said:

Well now it may be quiet sitting there but at northern corridor speeds different story lol

Or TOP C north of Timmins...

Does anyone know what the 'CKV' (or whatever the graphics are) signifies on Doo's apparel this year?

9 hours ago, revrnd said:

Does anyone know what the 'CKV' (or whatever the graphics are) signifies on Doo's apparel this year?

Im pretty sure its their new logo that says SKD I think. 

XP-X.thumb.png.0fe1b01f9793f8bb9098295ca86a25c0.png

The Fidlock is a 509 thing on their helmets, the actual helmet looks a lot like a 509, wouldn't be surprised it is was.

49 minutes ago, Nunz said:

The Fidlock is a 509 thing on their helmets, the actual helmet looks a lot like a 509, wouldn't be surprised it is was.

Fidlock is its own brand and used on multiple helmets including 509, Klim, FXR and Ski Doo to name a few. I have a 509 Altitude currently and ordered the XP-X this season.. I can assure you it is not the same helmet. 

2 hours ago, Basketcase said:

Im pretty sure its their new logo that says SKD I think. 

XP-X.thumb.png.0fe1b01f9793f8bb9098295ca86a25c0.png

If it is, I can't see the relevance. Then again I could never see the hidden image in those photo 'puzzles' the Toronto Sun used to have.

10 hours ago, Basketcase said:

Fidlock is its own brand and used on multiple helmets including 509, Klim, FXR and Ski Doo to name a few. I have a 509 Altitude currently and ordered the XP-X this season.. I can assure you it is not the same helmet. 

Thanks I stand corrected my apologies.

11 hours ago, Basketcase said:

http://www.fidlock.com/en/various products, not just helmet buckles.

Quite a few 

Archived