INSURANCE!!

Baylaker

TD has another Ins division called TD Meloche Monnex....it is group plan only ...so if you were a student at many colleges or universities and also many corporate employers it will give you a 15% discount and further discounts for multiple items...have been with them 7 yrs...2 not at fault accident claims...only rate increases have been on our house but that seems general accross the industry....2016 Sled 2017 Can Am ATV and 17000$ camper under $1000 for all 3 full coverage...2017 Tacoma $500

One to tip to potentially reduce your rate....when you renew each yr...call them and reduce the replacement value of your sled...it will save a bit

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, johnsazzr said:

TD has another Ins division called TD Meloche Monnex....it is group plan only ...so if you were a student at many colleges or universities and also many corporate employers it will give you a 15% discount and further discounts for multiple items...have been with them 7 yrs...2 not at fault accident claims...only rate increases have been on our house but that seems general accross the industry....2016 Sled 2017 Can Am ATV and 17000$ camper under $1000 for all 3 full coverage...2017 Tacoma $500

One to tip to potentially reduce your rate....when you renew each yr...call them and reduce the replacement value of your sled...it will save a bit

I've mentioned that as well....TD doesn't lower your values unless you ask,  some of the people you even talk too when you call them will suggest it doesn't make a difference, but realize it does once you are done....small difference, but lower none the less. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had my cars with Unica and they were the same as TD for my sled but with a lower deductible.    I have since switched my cars to Economical and they want $1100 to insure my sled.   

TD will only write new policys with a $1500 deductible if the value is over $15K.   I had a $500 deduct with Unica.   

That’s weird, because both my deductibles are 1500 with TD and the 16’ is valued at $8500. 

I have my truck with economical but thats it.

4 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

That’s weird, because both my deductibles are 1500 with TD and the 16’ is valued at $8500. 

I have my truck with economical but thats it.

I dont really want a $1500 deduct is the issue.  

36 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I dont really want a $1500 deduct is the issue.  

Then lower the value you list it at. I valued my indy xc as 14500 and the deductible is only 500 with TD. 

Curious how many people run newer sleds with and without collision coverage? I have one with and one without.

I've always been worried about having someone hit me on a hill or corner and not be able to prove that the other guy was at fault in order to fix my sled if I didn't have collision.

Anyone have experience with something like this? thankfully I have never had to deal with it.

My understanding is that the at fault drivers liability insurance would cover the other drivers vehicle in a collision.

edit: also to add, Intact wants $1200/yr full coverage on my 2017 assault

Just got my renewal for the 17 assault with TD.  Last year it was $530, this year it was $617.  I have full coverage on it as well.  Not a bad price but will do some looking around

1200/yr full coverage with TD for 3 sleds.  15 Cat, 14 Rush, 12 Adventure.

My insurance with TD increased about 12% from last year.

Three sleds (16 800 enduro, 14 zr9000, 15 Polaris 550) cost $853 plus tax last year. No collision.

TD this year for the same coverage would have been $952 plus tax. 

Substituted 17 enduro for 16 enduro, and added collision on that sled, for an additional $29. Paid an extra $4 to reduce the deductible to $500 on one sled. 

We still run collision on the sleds that we value over $10,000.00.  The most value I see in this is for coverage when trailering, which unfortunately seems to be how most of the miles are passed under the sleds now. I feel there is a greater chance of a total loss of one or more sleds in one accident when trailering than  perhaps on the trail.

1 hour ago, lastzrt said:

We still run collision on the sleds that we value over $10,000.00.  The most value I see in this is for coverage when trailering, which unfortunately seems to be how most of the miles are passed under the sleds now. I feel there is a greater chance of a total loss of one or more sleds in one accident when trailering than  perhaps on the trail.

You are correct.  I bet you have a bigger chance of being in an accident with your sled on the trailer than smashing it on the trail.   Even if you are in an accident on the trail it is no fault.   Your own insurance is flipping the bill regardless of whose fault it was.   

I have collision insurance on my dirt bike in case I get rear ended on the 401 with my bike on the trailer.

8 hours ago, lastzrt said:

Exactly why I run full coverage as well.

Looks as though I am stuck with TD and their $1500 deductible.    Economical is $1150, Intact wants $1380 and Desjardins is $870 for a 19 Doo 850.   

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Looks as though I am stuck with TD and their $1500 deductible.    Economical is $1150, Intact wants $1380 and Desjardins is $870 for a 19 Doo 850.   

Is this because they value your sled at over 15k, because it is not what they will pay you on a total loss. If you suffer a total loss they will pay out comparative used value.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Is this because they value your sled at over 15k, because it is not what they will pay you on a total loss. If you suffer a total loss they will pay out comparative used value.

Yup,  I called TD and lowered my value on all three sleds to save $330.  So when new sled comes in it should almost be a wash.

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Yup,  I called TD and lowered my value on all three sleds to save $330.  So when new sled comes in it should almost be a wash.

Last year I lowered the sled values with TD, and saved a few bucks. This year I tried to do the same thing, but I was told it wouldn't lower my premiums....sounds as though I should call back and try again with a different sales rep....

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

Last year I lowered the sled values with TD, and saved a few bucks. This year I tried to do the same thing, but I was told it wouldn't lower my premiums....sounds as though I should call back and try again with a different sales rep....

Just tell them to do it, once they enter the info, voila, lower premium.

Every time I do this, the rep says the same the thing, I tell them to entertain me and do it and see what happens.....conversation ends with, "I just learned something new".... 

Thank you!

On October 16, 2018 at 5:31 AM, -crz- said:

Curious how many people run newer sleds with and without collision coverage? I have one with and one without.

I've always been worried about having someone hit me on a hill or corner and not be able to prove that the other guy was at fault in order to fix my sled if I didn't have collision.

Anyone have experience with something like this? thankfully I have never had to deal with it.

My understanding is that the at fault drivers liability insurance would cover the other drivers vehicle in a collision.

edit: also to add, Intact wants $1200/yr full coverage on my 2017 assault

Your understanding is unfortunately wrong

15 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I phoned oracle and state farm two days ago.  No rep has phoned me back to get a quote on insurance

I'm surprised that someone can't give you a quote when you call rather than have to wait for someone to call you back.

15 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I phoned oracle and state farm two days ago.  No rep has phoned me back to get a quote on insurance

Dejardins hates sleds, and they bought state farm, not sure if the same attitude came in with the purchase. I was quoted a great price on car and truck, but homeowners bikes and sleds were out of the ballpark.

Archived