INSURANCE!!

Baylaker

Allstate

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, GibsonNytro said:

Got my renewal yesterday from TD, due December 1st - I've been insured with them for 12 years. No claims or anything and it went up $150.00  and I ride a 09 Yamaha Nytro.

Clear evidence TD is going to be leaving the powersports side of the industry. I had TD for years, no claims no complaints with this company. When I called to cancel my coverage 2 years ago all I got from the rep was okay, good bye. Never asked why, or if there was anything they could do to keep my business.

1 hour ago, GibsonNytro said:

Got my renewal yesterday from TD, due December 1st - I've been insured with them for 12 years. No claims or anything and it went up $150.00  and I ride a 09 Yamaha Nytro.

I guess I lucked out on timing regarding when a rate increase goes into effect and when it is registered. As I said earlier my TD policy renewed Sept 19. My premiums are paid monthly and they are the same this year as they were last year, so essentially no increase at all. Except for the fact I am paying the same for a sled which has one more year depreciated value. One thing I did learn with insurance is to review the value of the sled and other covered items annually. If you buy a $15K sled and insure it at that value unless you update the value with the insurance company each year it seems it stays as $15K. This has an effect on your premiums.

49 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I guess I lucked out on timing regarding when a rate increase goes into effect and when it is registered. As I said earlier my TD policy renewed Sept 19. My premiums are paid monthly and they are the same this year as they were last year, so essentially no increase at all. Except for the fact I am paying the same for a sled which has one more year depreciated value. One thing I did learn with insurance is to review the value of the sled and other covered items annually. If you buy a $15K sled and insure it at that value unless you update the value with the insurance company each year it seems it stays as $15K. This has an effect on your premiums.

My rates also stayed the same with TD.

I have my sled on a separate policy as to not effect my other vehicle rates if a accident were to happen. It's still the cheapest for me, for now...

28 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

My rates also stayed the same with TD.

I have my sled on a separate policy as to not effect my other vehicle rates if a accident were to happen. It's still the cheapest for me, for now...

The sleds are on a separate policy for us as well. There is one policy for the trucks and trailers, another for the sleds and yet another for the house and boats. The rules for insurance can be "funky". I recall a conversation with them. If you are driving and a ladder flies off the roof of the vehicle ahead of you and hits you while still airborne it's a comprehensive claim and no effect on your premiums. If it flies off and hits the ground first then they consider that you hit the ladder and it is collision which impacts your rates.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Yep. I only have my 2 sleds (97 v- max & 09 nytro) insured with TD and they both went up.  Truck, ATV & Boats all with different companies. Each year I lower the value of the sled and my rates have been pretty fair in my opinion.  I guess its time to shop around and see if I can get back to where I was paying.

At least have a few months to figure out a new company if that's the way you have to go. Good Luck to everyone else that's with TD.

Got my snowmobile insurance renewal from TD General Ins today for $389. (2010 Vector). Last year it was $376.92. That's the only thing I have insurered with the.

6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

The sleds are on a separate policy for us as well. There is one policy for the trucks and trailers, another for the sleds and yet another for the house and boats. The rules for insurance can be "funky". I recall a conversation with them. If you are driving and a ladder flies off the roof of the vehicle ahead of you and hits you while still airborne it's a comprehensive claim and no effect on your premiums. If it flies off and hits the ground first then they consider that you hit the ladder and it is collision which impacts your rates.

So stupid, but I believe it totally. I had a similar situation when a deer hit the front end of my car...all I can say is good thing I didn't have a chance to avoid it and avoided the ditch. I

6 minutes ago, bunker said:

I just switched both my snowmobile and ATV policies from TD to the Personal Insurance, after 15 years with them. 

Did you leave TD because of rate increase as well? What do you pay now at the personal? I just checked out their website and it looks like this company could be decent.

I had to cancel td years ago because of big increase on sled and motorcycle.Then they didnt care about me dropping them either.

Just got off the phone with dejardins insurance. Seemed reasonable. $298 for 18’ viper & $385 for the 16’ viper because the girlfriend is driving it and is 7years younger than I. Lady said around $750 tax in. Just liability. $2900 for both sleds full coverage which is rediculous! 

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

Just got off the phone with dejardins insurance. Seemed reasonable. $298 for 18’ viper & $385 for the 16’ viper because the girlfriend is driving it and is 7years younger than I. Lady said around $750 tax in. Just liability. $2900 for both sleds full coverage which is rediculous! 

What about fire & theft?

Seeing all this talk about insurance thought I would shop our insurance around and checked with a couple of options, one being TD Insurance, I have to admit I was very disappointed in the quote from TD. Have decided to stay with our current broker and Travellers Insurance.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

What about fire & theft?

$2900 for both sleds full coverage. Do they really expect or think people will pay that amount?? Lol

16 AC lynx 550f - 400$ full coverage for the year.

19 Indy XC 850 - quoted 450$ full coverage. 

Looks like I'll stick with TD as others are all over a grand or more.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:46 AM, Baylaker said:

Did you leave TD because of rate increase as well? What do you pay now at the personal? I just checked out their website and it looks like this company could be decent.

Yes much better rate. 2019 Skidoo 900 turbo $651 full coverage and 2012 Yamaha Phazer with no collision $113

The Farm Mutual we use, Zehr Insurance was higher than TD for Sleds and Quads till this year, we just switched them

Just picked up a new Ranger Crew 1000.  TD will not insure it.  Phoned Johnson insurance and they will insure it no problem and it is cheaper than my 14 Ranger 900 was.

44 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Just picked up a new Ranger Crew 1000.  TD will not insure it.  Phoned Johnson insurance and they will insure it no problem and it is cheaper than my 14 Ranger 900 was.

ha I had to do the same thing . they would not insure mine either 2018 ranger 1000, just went with my home and auto company.  have been with td/primmum now just td I think for years with all my atv`s  utv`s  and sleds and now I just have wifes sled with them prob not for long once I see what they have to say about my new sled "prob will not insure it either" and I have never had a claim. gone for a Sh#t. so they have.

16 minutes ago, cookster said:

ha I had to do the same thing . they would not insure mine either 2018 ranger 1000, just went with my home and auto company.  have been with td/primmum now just td I think for years with all my atv`s  utv`s  and sleds and now I just have wifes sled with them prob not for long once I see what they have to say about my new sled "prob will not insure it either" and I have never had a claim. gone for a Sh#t. so they have.

I have my sled with TD still.  Will probably look into another company just say f you to TD for not doing the Ranger.  I had Johnson quote my sled but they wanted $300 more than what I pay now

Archived