Who's attending the OFSC AGM this weekend?

Blake G

I think that perhaps in the future all clubs should make sure that their delegates are well versed in the rules of the meeting. many are for sure, but many are not from a business background where these rules are in play, and in the club meetings many times these rules are not well adhered to. It may help for the ofsc to add that to the package, or at least refer people to where they can read Perry's rules before they attend. I feel that if everyone in attendance had a clear understanding then we would not see situations such as this where a person has a legitimate concern and it goes without any discussion due to a misunderstanding of procedure. Trespassing is a real concern, I see many throughout the season riding with no permit, more than I see police, so it is obvious we need trail patrol back in a way that would be would have some teeth and be more than a suggestion to get a permit. Looking to QC for guidance in formulating a plan would be a start.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, zoso said:

Of course they were, but they were not boarding vessels for no reason at all or just to"check". Now they are, all the time. Boating has become much like sledding, every time a cops sees a boat they stop it. 

OPP have always performed and boarded pleasure crafts long before the licensing was introduced.  Unless I'm reading your post wrong.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, SRXChris said:

OPP have always performed and boarded pleasure crafts long before the licensing was introduced.  Unless I'm reading your post wrong.

I can remember being stopped and checked for safety equipment going way back... about 45 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 12:33 AM, zoso said:

I think that perhaps in the future all clubs should make sure that their delegates are well versed in the rules of the meeting. many are for sure, but many are not from a business background where these rules are in play, and in the club meetings many times these rules are not well adhered to. It may help for the ofsc to add that to the package, or at least refer people to where they can read Perry's rules before they attend. I feel that if everyone in attendance had a clear understanding then we would not see situations such as this where a person has a legitimate concern and it goes without any discussion due to a misunderstanding of procedure. Trespassing is a real concern, I see many throughout the season riding with no permit, more than I see police, so it is obvious we need trail patrol back in a way that would be would have some teeth and be more than a suggestion to get a permit. Looking to QC for guidance in formulating a plan would be a start.

So I have just been getting the MOU's (landowner agreements) ready for signing by the owners/renters on the section of trail I am responsible for. Interestingly, section 7 of the current MOU  states the following " The local Snowmobile Club, its Trail Patrol Members and Executive are hereby authorized to be the undersigned owner/occupier's agent(s) to supervise and enforce the uses defined hereunder with respect to the designated premises in accordance with the Trespass to Property Act R.S.O. 1990, c.T21, the Motorized Snow Vehicles Act R.S.O. 1990, cM44, and the Occupiers Liability Act R.S.O. 1990, c0-2 as amended"

Sure appears to me that Trail Patrol  still has some teeth from that statement.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

So I have just been getting the MOU's (landowner agreements) ready for signing by the owners/renters on the section of trail I am responsible for. Interestingly, section 7 of the current MOU  states the following " The local Snowmobile Club, its Trail Patrol Members and Executive are hereby authorized to be the undersigned owner/occupier's agent(s) to supervise and enforce the uses defined hereunder with respect to the designated premises in accordance with the Trespass to Property Act R.S.O. 1990, c.T21, the Motorized Snow Vehicles Act R.S.O. 1990, cM44, and the Occupiers Liability Act R.S.O. 1990, c0-2 as amended"

Sure appears to me that Trail Patrol  still has some teeth from that statement.

What that translates to is... they can issue a notice of trespass and then if they are diligent enough follow up with the police regarding trespass on private property

53 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

What that translates to is... they can issue a notice of trespass and then if they are diligent enough follow up with the police regarding trespass on private property

Why does it mention the Motorized Snowmobile Act?

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Why does it mention the Motorized Snowmobile Act?

That would be one of the articles of law that provides that ability

Archived