Who's attending the OFSC AGM this weekend?

Blake G

At Deerhurst, in Huntsville, on Friday and Saturday.

I'll be there along with Snowcrest President Kelly Hart.

Any other OC'ers planning to attend?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.

Yep X2

I'm in the house.

Room 301 in Pavillion (main building)

Beers cold.

Anyone know who is representing D15 ?  Let me know please... I'm sure Blaise will be there, and Kenny is already...

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

Interested to hear what the Big 3 Issues are?

Volunteer recruitment, retention and rewarding....  Kidding, but not really...

2 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Interested to hear what the Big 3 Issues are?

New Corp bylaws to pass, 2020 Permit Recommendations to MTO on the agenda for tomorrow. 

Announced yoday day that a new ITG and a new mobile app to be launched shortly. If I understood correctly you will need to purchase the new app ($3-4). No upgrade from /to old app. 

New cloud based permit system that is supposed to be more reliable and easier to use will launch for permit sales by Oct 1st. 

All good things but seeing and using is believing. 

New OFSC President Paul Murray, and new Executive Director Ryan Eickemeier spoke at the start of the convention, and conveyed an optimistic view of the federation's future. They spent a lot of time visiting and listening to clubs and districts over the past few months, and have plans to address the concerns. Some highlights include a new and better online permit system for this season, and improvements to the Interactive Trail Guide. (An in-house tech expert has been hired to ensure better tech results than we had with the outsourced tech services that formerly existed. A demonstration of the ITG will take place at the convention tomorrow.)

Paul and Ryan are promising increased transparency and information sharing between the OFSC Board of Governors and the Districts, as well as increased OFSC Head Office transparency and accessibility. They've also promised a fresh marketing approach to the public, revamped volunteer recognition program, new groomer operator workshops (voluntary), and a newly commissioned economic impact study to make a better case for funding from the province and other levels of government. I expect that more information about these plans and others will be provided over the next weeks and months.

Even some of the normally skeptical AGM audience members seemed convinced that a fresh approach is underway.

The convention continues through tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Blake G said:

New OFSC President Paul Murray, and new Executive Director Ryan Eickemeier spoke at the start of the convention, and conveyed an optimistic view of the federation's future. They spent a lot of time visiting and listening to clubs and districts over the past few months, and have plans to address the concerns. Some highlights include a new and better online permit system for this season, and improvements to the Interactive Trail Guide. (An in-house tech expert has been hired to ensure better tech results than we had with the outsourced tech services that formerly existed. A demonstration of the ITG will take place at the convention tomorrow.)

Paul and Ryan are promising increased transparency and information sharing between the OFSC Board of Governors and the Districts, as well as increased OFSC Head Office transparency and accessibility. They've also promised a fresh marketing approach to the public, revamped volunteer recognition program, new groomer operator workshops (voluntary), and a newly commissioned economic impact study to make a better case for funding from the province and other levels of government. I expect that more information about these plans and others will be provided over the next weeks and months.

Even some of the normally skeptical AGM audience members seemed convinced that a fresh approach is underway.

The convention continues through tomorrow.

Sounds very good to me! Although I would like to be able to trial the itg before paying for it to be honest

49 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Sounds very good to me! Although I would like to be able to trial the itg before paying for it to be honest

Over $3.00? 

2 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Over $3.00? 

I agree with him here based on the fact that this service may disappear next year.  Yes its 3 or 4 dollars but if 50000 people buy it every few years thats a lot of cake regardless of cost to make it.  It was only 2 years ago that the app was a purchashed item and its obsolete now.

I sure hope I'm wrong here but did I just read above of sledders complaining about spending $4.00 on an app for all the trails in Ontario?  Tell me it isn't so!

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I sure hope I'm wrong here but did I just read above of sledders complaining about spending $4.00 on an app for all the trails in Ontario?  Tell me it isn't so!

Ya, right after they returned from the dealer with a 500 jacket an 800 helmet and a 189 new belt.

Yea cause the last one was junk, did you try it?

5 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Touché. 

13 minutes ago, zoso said:

Ya, right after they returned from the dealer with a 500 jacket an 800 helmet and a 189 new belt.

And just so you know, my sled suit is over 12 years old, and I bought my helmet $160 clearance from royal. I don't need your negative smart ass to tell me how to spend my money, or what things are worth to me.

5 hours ago, gobills said:

I agree with him here based on the fact that this service may disappear next year.  Yes its 3 or 4 dollars but if 50000 people buy it every few years thats a lot of cake regardless of cost to make it.  It was only 2 years ago that the app was a purchashed item and its obsolete now.

Yeah I suppose, I guess I should be upset my nice pen I bought for $4 just ran out of ink. Had it for 2 weeks.. 

12 hours ago, Poo Man said:

No I just use a map if I need it. The last one may have been junk as you say but when you think about it, what can you really expect for $3.00. The OFSC needs to get it right (& they appear to be trying) but they also need the revenue if this show is to keep playing. I would bet that they sell the app to way less than half the permit holders so if that's the case there is not a lot of revenue involved once the costs are taken out.

I had the last app, and when you could get it to work, it was OK. Did the job when a paper map could 't tell you where you were, and you were in unfamiliar territory. $4 sounds good if the new one actually works when you want to use it. And the ability to use it offline would be great, you know, when there is no cell service to open it up.

No I just use a map if I need it. The last one may have been junk as you say but when you think about it, what can you really expect for $3.00. The OFSC needs to get it right (& they appear to be trying) but they also need the revenue if this show is to keep playing. I would bet that they sell the app to way less than half the permit holders so if that's the case there is not a lot of revenue involved once the costs are taken out.

It's not the $4, it's acting in good faith and fixing something when it's broken. As for revenue, I'm all for increasing permit costs as necessary.

Sure hoping there will be some discussion, better yet Solutions, to the increasing problem of Freeloaders on OFSC trails.  Trail Patrol needs some teeth, fines need to be increased and process needs to be streamlined to ticket offending vehicle owner, regardless of who is operating.

Archived