NEW PROJECT!! Rigging an enclosed trailer

Puggz

Hi everyone, I doubt you remember but last Jan I bought a 6x12 enclosed trailer and posted looking for rigging ideas.  Well the trailer was stolen from me in May so thanks to insurance (yea I said that!) im back looking for ideas.  Reason for E track is I can get it really cheap and it's very versatile. 

Sept-05-373-324x243.jpg.49cd86eea61c86cacff60f10909a6a82.jpg.  I also want to use it for cargo which is why I don't want to fill it with sliders and traction mats.  This is my plan and my ask for feedback:

Ramp door with caliber grip guides and trax grabber up the centre of the ramp door.  As there's no flap I'm thinking about putting Caliber edge guides where the door meets the interior floor and where the door meets the ground.  I'm looking at this route because I believe I can still walk up the ramp w/o landing on my butt or tripping.  But carbides and studs are a B..

Interior will have E-track running across the trailer at the front and rear and then lengthwise about 24" out from the walls.  This should take care of the sled tie-downs.  I also want to put an additional layer of 1/2" PT plywood on the floor to act as a sacrificial layer that can be replaced in the future.

Now the walls are puzzling me. I can get vertical and horizontal track.  The short wall (side with the man door) i'm thinking 2 rows horizontal.  ON the long wall, a combo of vertical and horizontal.  IE, I can install a spare tire clamp on a vertical track....

Also looking for DIY storage ideas in the V-Nose (Gas, Oil, tools, etc). I have a big table saw and I can build basic cabinets, etc..

Thoughts?

I'm running a bit behind on my build. I'm NO carpenter, so I'm awaiting help with the cabinets up front. 

I remember when E-track was cheap.... 

Keep us posted on your progress!

I have e track installed in my trailer it's installed horizontal on both sides of the trailer with none on the v portion.  In the v I have a big tye down screwed right into the frame right at the tip of the v.

Once I can get to a computer I'll post up what I used for the spare tire in the v.  It's from princess auto.

21 hours ago, gobills said:

As for the opening where the door opens  and meets tge trailer bed just use a piece of pvc pipe to put in there.

Great idea. Cant wait for the pics..:)

Archived