Jump to content
mike37

thank you MTO and the lawyer's for this one

Recommended Posts

Apparently, not a new policy, but new enforcement of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Apparently, not a new policy, but new enforcement of it.

 

The D2 governor was @ our monthly meeting last week & I asked him about it. He said that he was aware of the policy. I can see a section of E107 where this COULD be an issue. If E110 was open near Bow Lake (closed until further notice) it would be affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We have to volunteer our time, take time off work which negatively impacts the economy or hire legal representation to stand up for ourselves while the MTO, and OPP officers get paid OT to sit in court all day and make our lives difficult. If there is a genuine safety goal there is room to discuss but these ridiculous administrative harassment schemes have to stop. Ontario has bled enough and our international rep is in the gutter with all these activist agendas and a lot of bureaucratic red tape it does not bode well at all.

 

A neighbor of mine immigrated from China 10 years ago and opened business a couple of years back. I asked him in the driveway how it was going and his response true word for word was

 

"The only gangsters in this country are the government"

I almost cried to hear it. The place I grew up loving and took great pride in being the best place to live and this is how the PR of public service is these days. Disgraceful really

 

Anyways what is the goal with the MTO suddenly enforcing an admin rule? Thats what we need to find out, why are they doing this?

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wait till you hear about the new hydro one sh1t.

Sledding will be no more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Just wait till you hear about the new hydro one sh1t.

Sledding will be no more.

What's this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a silver lining in all this. As if the people in Ontario were not enraged enough when the Liberals sold off hydro one to escape sunshine list and jack rates to fund green schemes. Its not difficult at all to point out bureaucracy problems to most people now.

 

Foolish acts reap a fools reward and TIME is on our side. Pensions are a very risky thing to play with, so to those with jobs that seem so secure it would be prudent to tread lightly because the cookie jar has been raided, is sitting very empty, and the bakers backs are RAW from your whips which makes truth so easy to hear.

If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem

 

 

Some humor perhaps? Or is it funny? You decide

 

 

 

 

Edited by crispy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 6:43 PM, soupkids said:

Sort of true on trails with MNR.

If it's moving a trail from one logging road to another it's just a matter of grooming the trail, also allowed to get away with minor brushing (maintence) under our district work permit.

Now if your talking a bridge or new trail it takes years.

 

Being no prescribed trails can be on a logging road it makes sense you just groom and go, same as a guy with a camp on that road can plow right behind the groomer, or a side by side with tracks can run it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 2:25 PM, gobills said:

What's this??

Apparently no more Ccess on any hydro one power mi e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Apparently no more Ccess on any hydro one power mi e.

I find that hard to believe.  For my home club that would eliminate an entire section of the b trail which also runs through Algonquin park.  If this was to happen that would devastate the entire snowmobile industry in ontario. Just anothef example it would only allow access on one side of the canyon tour.

 

Is there anyone on here that can also validate this.  I'm not doubting you it just seems pretty harsh.  Also would this not of been a major topic  possibly the number one issue at the agm? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard rumours of something going on with Hydro, but no specifics.  Apparently, the OFSC is aware of this and is actively pursuing a province wide solution.  Just one of the positive aspects of the new regime? :right_on:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumors, sounds about right. Seems totally bonkers to smack down on the tourism industry and damage the economy for no real reason or purpose. They cant be that thick can they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one word... LIABILITY. Ski

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty easy for the hydro co to post signage at road crossings and trail heads something like; use at own risk do not climb towers, poles or related hydro equipment. Make right of way for work vehicles and workmen. Stay on marked trail

 

Post a bunch of pics on SM and any dough head who does something stupid on the hydro lines its on them, not the hydro, OFSC, or MTO people or gov't its on them alone.

 

OFSC could make a waiver for liability put in the fine print of every pass so they are not held accountable either. Its not that hard to do things like this

Edited by crispy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, crispy said:

Pretty easy for the hydro co to post signage at road crossings and trail heads something like; use at own risk do not climb towers, poles or related hydro equipment. Make right of way for work vehicles and workmen. Stay on marked trail

 

Post a bunch of pics on SM and any dough head who does something stupid on the hydro lines its on them, not the hydro, OFSC, or MTO people or gov't its on them alone.

 

OFSC could make a waiver for liability put in the fine print of every pass so they are not held accountable either. Its not that hard to do things like this

Not worth the paper it is printed on.

Any lawyer worth his pound of flesh, would have that over ruled  in court.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Not worth the paper it is printed on.

Any lawyer worth his pound of flesh, would have that over ruled  in court.

 

Maybe, with justice Belobaba

 

This is already a proven safe trail network with no issues that I know of from anyone over many years. Adding signs will only help serve that plus isn't this a witch hunt anyways?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the situation where Hydro One is crossing Crown Land? Look at the trails in northern Ontario, miles of TOP A & TOP C run along power corridors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If sledders would stay on the groomed trail I don't believe we would even need to be discussing this. Its plainly obvious when you cross or ride on a hydro right of way that the off trail riders are all over them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fare enough but is this really a problem for the MTO? I get the fact the OFSC needs distance from this, thats my earlier comments re absolving liability for non OFSC designated areas. If someone goes boon docking they are now roamers, not trail riders. To my knowledge no one is damaging hydro towers or causing harm to anything other than leaving some tracks in the snow. Seems harsh to put the hammer on that and make life harder for all sledders as a result

 

Tourism is good, winter is TOUGH for many. Putting more sting on the few opportunities for winter play + economic gains doesnt make any sense in my eyes

Edited by crispy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, crispy said:

Fare enough but is this really a problem for the MTO? I get the fact the OFSC needs distance from this, thats my earlier comments re absolving liability for non OFSC designated areas. If someone goes boon docking they are now roamers, not trail riders. To my knowledge no one is damaging hydro towers or causing harm to anything other than leaving some tracks in the snow. Seems harsh to put the hammer on that and make life harder for all sledders as a result

 

Tourism is good, winter is TOUGH for many. Putting more sting on the few opportunities for winter play + economic gains doesnt make any sense in my eyes

In todays litigious society too many try to blame others for their own stupidity and get paid for it. I can see someone going up a hydro corridor trail and deciding to go off trail to pay. They hit a rock or a stump, damage their sled, injure themselves. The first thing they do is claim hydro should have known people are going to do this and that hydro was negligent for not making sure that rock or tree was not there to cause them harm. They sue hydro for $100,000.00 and hydro ends up paying them to go away rather than pay the legal costs to fight it. At some point they say they are done with the nonsense.

 

I know of one situation where a snowmobiler rode up a road and into a private farm field to go play. They rode past the barn and in the deep snow didn't see the wire farm fence between two fields. Damaged the sled and injured themselves. Next thing you know the farmer is getting sued because his fence was buried in snow and not visible.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 02Sled said:

In todays litigious society too many try to blame others for their own stupidity and get paid for it. I can see someone going up a hydro corridor trail and deciding to go off trail to pay. They hit a rock or a stump, damage their sled, injure themselves. The first thing they do is claim hydro should have known people are going to do this and that hydro was negligent for not making sure that rock or tree was not there to cause them harm. They sue hydro for $100,000.00 and hydro ends up paying them to go away rather than pay the legal costs to fight it. At some point they say they are done with the nonsense.

 

I know of one situation where a snowmobiler rode up a road and into a private farm field to go play. They rode past the barn and in the deep snow didn't see the wire farm fence between two fields. Damaged the sled and injured themselves. Next thing you know the farmer is getting sued because his fence was buried in snow and not visible.

As per the TPA the operator would have to prove the farmer intentially put the wire fence up to harm sledders.

No in civil court, who know.

We have a seen or heard some pretty weird stuff over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, coldfinger said:

All the more reason to plan your epic ride .

 

Yes but look at where a lot of the trails run, hydro cuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes let's put it on the internet so everyone can see. That will solve our problems...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suing doesn't mean winning and if its posted that matters, a LOT. Try walking on some land POSTED no trespassing then suing, see how it goes. All I'm saying is we got to be cool with each other, and the gov't folk seriously need to get off everyones back and see the bigger picture.

 

Quote

Harry Browne

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×