2018 Toronto Sled Show

revrnd

5 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Just by putting in the extra leaf you have increased the centre of gravity.

Not by much ... it was there when I got the truck.  It sits a wee bit higher at the rear, just right with the cap on it, or the quad in the box.  It doesn't ride like it's bagged out with a load of firewood in there either, which is good.  They build pickups now to ride nice, but the second you put a bit of weight in you can't see over the hood.  I like it nice and firm back there, it is a truck after all.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Not by much ... it was there when I got the truck.  It sits a wee bit higher at the rear, just right with the cap on it, or the quad in the box.  It doesn't ride like it's bagged out with a load of firewood in there either, which is good.  They build pickups now to ride nice, but the second you put a bit of weight in you can't see over the hood.  I like it nice and firm back there, it is a truck after all.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

I don't see this being much different than a sxs

maxresdefault.jpg

A lot of these rigs nowadays are duallies.

My brother wondered why I didnt go w/ a slide in as opposed to a small TT. I said I wasnt interested in driving freeways (especially in urban area & the ramps) w/ a slide in.

YMMV

4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

I don't see this being much different than a sxs

maxresdefault.jpg

Yup, totally agree.  Dad had one years ago, on a half ton with no extra leaf or anything.  It was rolly polly alright on a bush road .... f'n near crap ourselves one time going thru a little hole real slow, it almost went over.  Brother had one forever, he had  stiffer rear suspension on his half ton (3/4 ton springs), had no issues with it... only did highway with it.

30 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Yup, totally agree.  Dad had one years ago, on a half ton with no extra leaf or anything.  It was rolly polly alright on a bush road .... f'n near crap ourselves one time going thru a little hole real slow, it almost went over.  Brother had one forever, he had  stiffer rear suspension on his half ton (3/4 ton springs), had no issues with it... only did highway with it.

Just leave the legs 3/4 of the way down.  That'll stop it from rolling over...…..LOL

7 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Been there done that with a 3/4 ton Ford. Two extra springs in each side to hold the weight= wrong thing to do. Made the roll centre too high and was overloading the outside rear tire on corners. Better off to let it sag down to lower the centre of gravity. 

On 10/21/2018 at 10:07 AM, Blake G said:

Had an enjoyable 4 1/2 hours at the show yesterday. (Got to the door at 9:55. There was a line of about fifty people. I was inside the show area at 10:04. Next time I'll try to arrive at 10:05 to avoid the line.)

Spoke with lots of sledding acquaintances and friends.

Bought a Garmin inReach Explorer+ satellite messenger, for those inevitable days when I'll be riding alone beyond cell service. $522 plus tax (Nunz got one at Cabella's for $499). From what I can see, the basic freedom subscription plan is about $25 per year, plus $15 per activated month (USD). Allows for two way texting or email messaging. Thinking it will cost less than $200 Canadian a year for the sledding season. An overdue purchase.

Sorry we missed you. The Indomitable MRS. STG and I toured the show collecting maps, meeting peeps, etc.  Arrived about the same time as you and departed about 1:00/1:30.  Did you see us and hide?  

Hide the gin, you mean? LOL

2 hours ago, SlowTouringGuy said:

Sorry we missed you. The Indomitable MRS. STG and I toured the show collecting maps, meeting peeps, etc.  Arrived about the same time as you and departed about 1:00/1:30.  Did you see us and hide?  

I heard you missed me a couple times and I was being unfriended lol..

All you need to complete the UTV ramp set up is 4 of these:

https://www.admsport.com/moto/sangle-cinchtite-1

steadjymate-sangle_cinchtite_1-fr-admspo

On 10/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Pretty much.  Also wanted to see the LinQ luggage system I'm thinking of adding to the new Indy XC 850 and just how long the tunnel is. I can get a dual position adapter bracket for it from UP North Technologies when most 3rd party manu's can only do single and wanted to get a sense for it.

FYI.

So the new dual position adapter will be available for order in two weeks part number LMP-2-XC and integrates into the Polaris T-Slot for a no drill install.

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

FYI.

So the new dual position adapter will be available for order in two weeks part number LMP-2-XC and integrates into the Polaris T-Slot for a no drill install.

Thank you!!

20 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

FYI.

More info.

Domenic:

Thanks for the phone call today regarding the dual LINQ adapter product for the Indy XC. As I mentioned, we are planning to release this product very soon.  To provide you with a better idea of what the new LMP-2-XC will look like, I've attached a PDF with various pics of the bracket on the sled with and without LINQ accessories installed.

If you have additional question after reviewing the PDF, feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Ken Larson
President
Up North Technologies, Inc.

lmp-2-xc-1.pdf

shout out to Factory Recreation

While at the show I bought a bag for the rear of my sled. I asked the rep if it fit the XS chassis and he said it did. They were giving 20% off so I bought it. When I got home, it didn't fit. I can't hold the rep to be totally responsible as the place was packed and he was getting bombarded with questions.

A couple quick emails and Donny at Factory Recreation looked after me. He sent me out a different bag, gave me the discount, paid for the shipping of the original bag back to Midland and paid for the shipping on the new bag! He even gave me the discount on a Glove Box extender and shipped it with the bag.

This to me is great customer service!  Too bad i am too far away from Midland to make them my dealer. I don't get any discount at my local dealer

Archived