2018 Toronto Sled Show

revrnd

I'll be working the District 2 booth Sat' from 4 till closing. Chandos Rob will be at the booth before me.

I think @Nunz said @ the BBQ he was going to be working a booth but I'm not sure which 1.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the Rockstar booth...:wtf:

I’ll be at the Gravenhurst booth all day Saturday and maybe for a bit on Sunday. Then do a walk around with Karen afterwards. If anyone wants to meet for dinner Saturday night let me know.

Will be a last minute call to go for me

When is it ??

39 minutes ago, gobills said:

http://torontosnowmobileatvshow.com

here ya go all the info you'll need cheers

Thanks

On 9/8/2018 at 6:26 PM, zoso said:

It involves going to Toronto which I will avoid at all cost. 

It is kind of Toronto "Lite". Not like you are heading downtown for this.

No plans to attend Toronto; the Peterborough show is just as good on a smaller scale and way less traffic!

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2018 at 9:37 PM, grover_yyz said:

No plans to attend Toronto; the Peterborough show is just as good on a smaller scale and way less traffic!

Jerry

See you there. Working the Paudash booth.

• 4 weeks later...

See you all there that are going hopefully. Ill now be heading down giving Park To Park Trail association a hand beside the CFMOTO booth and staying at the Crowne plaza. Safe travels everybody!

Looking forward to seeing familiar faces at the Gravenhurst booth Saturday and we will take in the show Sunday. If anyone wants to meet up for dinner Saturday night let me know.

I just got back from the show. The $3 discount coupon apparently according to the people in the ticket booth only applies to the full adult admission and isn't valid for seniors or children. For $3 I didn't feel like arguing even though the coupon didn't say anything about adults admission only. One of the things many go for are the trail maps. District 7, 8 and 10 didn't have their maps yet. They were coming from the printer. Apparently something to do with them getting folded. D10 didn't have them at the start of the show last year either. Lots of goodies available as usual.

Stopped to see Wild Bill. Barely recognized him. He's a fraction of the man he was before. He has lost a lot of weight and looking good. Ran into a person I used to work with who is now the president of Paudash club.

Didn't buy anything but still worth the trip.

22 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I just got back from the show. The $3 discount coupon apparently according to the people in the ticket booth only applies to the full adult admission and isn't valid for seniors or children. For $3 I didn't feel like arguing even though the coupon didn't say anything about adults admission only. One of the things many go for are the trail maps. District 7, 8 and 10 didn't have their maps yet. They were coming from the printer. Apparently something to do with them getting folded. D10 didn't have them at the start of the show last year either. Lots of goodies available as usual.

Stopped to see Wild Bill. Barely recognized him. He's a fraction of the man he was before. He has lost a lot of weight and looking good. Ran into a person I used to work with who is now the president of Paudash club.

Didn't buy anything but still worth the trip.

Tire kicker.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tire kicker.

Yeah... sleds are 2015 models bought at the end of the season. Trailer is a 2015 start of the season. Already have way too many pairs of gloves and mitts. Helmets are just fine as are the boots. I forgot to try on the suit before leaving home. If it shrunk while hanging in the closet this summer I have Wild Bills cell number and he will put a new one aside for me. I was looking at a CFMOTO ATV which is something I have been thinking about for a while. I spoke to Bills' son John about one they had there. I just may call him for that. After all how much trouble could I really get into with the wife for buying an ATV.

33 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Yeah... sleds are 2015 models bought at the end of the season. Trailer is a 2015 start of the season. Already have way too many pairs of gloves and mitts. Helmets are just fine as are the boots. I forgot to try on the suit before leaving home. If it shrunk while hanging in the closet this summer I have Wild Bills cell number and he will put a new one aside for me. I was looking at a CFMOTO ATV which is something I have been thinking about for a while. I spoke to Bills' son John about one they had there. I just may call him for that. After all how much trouble could I really get into with the wife for buying an ATV.

Just messing with you 02.  Look into the ATV's, I've got two CFMotos from Bill, a sxs and a quad, ie one for the wife and one for me.  PS, I have never told my wife about the power sports I have purchased, all is still good.

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Just messing with you 02.  Look into the ATV's, I've got two CFMotos from Bill, a sxs and a quad, ie one for the wife and one for me.  PS, I have never told my wife about the power sports I have purchased, all is still good.

What have you got for a quad. I was looking at the 400 and the 500. The 400 has a smaller chassis, most noticeably a shorter wheel base. There is only 2 inches difference in the ground clearance. John suggests that the 400 would meet my needs as I'm not going to be quick on the trails in our area. I know I won't want to do the 2 up that the 500 offers.

31 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Then there was an interesting one. She claims that the, not sure what the politically correct term is, indigenous or aboriginal, but she claims they don't need a trail permit anywhere on the trail system. I can understand on the reserve but when you have a trail that runs through private property after private property how can they possibly have the right to ride an unpermitted sled on PRIVATE PROPERTY.

It's a very limited exemption for crown land only... Same goes for hunters, fisherman with proof...

Archived