Trailer decision

John mills

Nice trailer Blake

I'd be tempted to insulate that and put a vented heater in it, and use it as a place to stay!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just in time for the snow... perfect.

If you're looking for track mats I have found the stall mats available at TSC stores the best option. You can cut them with a jig or circular saw, or a heavy duty box cutter and screw them down. The cost is much less than buying the ones Royal sells and they are much thicker as well.

Another thing I found useful is I got a piece of black drain pipe. I put it in the space between the ramp and the bed of the trailer. The skis and carbides run up and over the pipe and then onto the ski glides either driving on or more often backing off and don't catch on the metal edge of the ramp or the bed.

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

Nice trailer Blake

I'd be tempted to insulate that and put a vented heater in it, and use it as a place to stay!

Don't laugh but many a racer has stayed in the trailer overnight.Not a big deal to those on a budget.

50 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Don't laugh but many a racer has stayed in the trailer overnight.Not a big deal to those on a budget.

I ran into a guy at the Coldwater arena a couple of years ago. He had built an insulated wall between the sleds and the front half of the trailer, insulated the front and set it up with exactly that a bed and heater.

13 hours ago, Wildman said:

you gonna get it home, load and head to North Bay?

Home   but sleds are still sitting in the barn    Been to busy to  even think about getting them out     and yes heading to North Bay but only to pick up the university kid   

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

Volunteer2 is ready to rumble.

Congrats on the new trailer. Looks good.

20181208_131653.jpg

Thanks Blake   was alot of fun catching up with you  Ya the old trailer we built in 02 and has never let me down.  Moved alot of sleds and never needed a cover but for long trips it does feel good to have newer equipment.   

9 hours ago, 02Sled said:

just in time for the snow... perfect.

If you're looking for track mats I have found the stall mats available at TSC stores the best option. You can cut them with a jig or circular saw, or a heavy duty box cutter and screw them down. The cost is much less than buying the ones Royal sells and they are much thicker as well.

Another thing I found useful is I got a piece of black drain pipe. I put it in the space between the ramp and the bed of the trailer. The skis and carbides run up and over the pipe and then onto the ski glides either driving on or more often backing off and don't catch on the metal edge of the ramp or the bed.

I definitely need to do this drain pipe thing roughly what size pipe are you using? any photos ? 

1 hour ago, RT Performance said:

I definitely need to do this drain pipe thing roughly what size pipe are you using? any photos ? 

Any pipe will work 1 inch PVC from home depot.

9 hours ago, RT Performance said:

I don't have a picture. With the ramp down I have a fairly wide gap depending on the angle. I have 2 pieces of the black drain pipe. Each is 5 ft. long. One is the 2 inch plastic pipe you would find on a kitchen sink and the other is the 4 inch you would use for a toilet. If the ramp angle is slight because the end is sitting on built up snow I use the 2 inch. If it's steeper I use the 4 inch. Depends on the size of the gap that your trailer has. The 5 ft. length makes it easy to stow in the trailer and move around versus having an 8 ft. length. It's also cheap.

V  2    Very nice , now the big decision where to put the Ski doo stickers .  Might need a garage meeting  for a consultation . 

22 hours ago, coldfinger said:

V  2    Very nice , now the big decision where to put the Ski doo stickers .  Might need a garage meeting  for a consultation . 

Thanks buddy    probably no stickers on this one    I've gotten more low maintenance these days    Just function  for me ,  but a garage meeting    yes,     today it gets cleaned up   

On 12/8/2018 at 1:37 PM, Bigfish said:

Nice trailer Blake

That's a good way to get more miles lol

Guys need a help :( 

Any idea if 2017 grand touring SE will fit inside 10ft triton trailer

This sled is 10.6 overall, but trailer has around 8inches in bullnose.    

Thanks in advance:roll:

triton.jpg

20180324_093354.jpg

13 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

triton.jpg

20180324_093354.jpg

Try phoning reinhart trailers they should be able to tell you.

Just Googled your sled specs and it says the overall length is  10' 7" as built. If the trailer floor is 10' + the 8" bull nose you should be good to go.

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Just Googled your sled specs and it says the overall length is  10' 7" as built. If the trailer floor is 10' + the 8" bull nose you should be good to go.

I've heard from a few people that they have been able to just fit their sled into their trailer based on the bull nose and overall length only to find that they had a tall windshield that was now touching the front slope of the trailer OR the windshield prevented the sled from going all the way forward.

23 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

triton.jpg

20180324_093354.jpg

It will fit BUT with the "rider forward" position of the newer sleds you may not be able to get the sleds as far forward as you need to because of the angle of the front of the lid of the trailer.

With my 16 and 18 axys sleds I have to take the hood off or put it in backwards.

I had a Triton TC 118  eleven foot plus the nose with a 144 polaris assault 10 ft 6 inches long , it fit but not with a foot to spare 

4 hours ago, andreyboater said:

triton.jpg

20180324_093354.jpg

Oh, it'll fit alright ... just take a really good run at it ... :lmao:

I've read of guys sometimes putting a couple of 2x4's stacked 2 high, across the base of the bull nose, allows the skis to get up a bit higher and farther forwards.  Angle of the hood/windshield looks to be lower than that of the trailer, leading me to believe that it should clear, but JUST. 

If you were really close for height, there's the trick of using a cranking tie-down, pulling the top of the shock down to the lower a-arm, lowering the front ride height.  Bit of a PITA, but if you're just short an inch it might be just enough.

Is it not s simple job to remove the windshield from that model of sled?

22 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Is it not s simple job to remove the windshield from that model of sled?

7 grommets hold it on. A 10 second job.  Problem is, stuff gets brittle in the cold. If it was removed while warm its not a bad job putting it back on, a little WD40 on the pins and grommets helps.

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

7 grommets hold it on. A 10 second job.  Problem is, stuff gets brittle in the cold. If it was removed while warm its not a bad job putting it back on, a little WD40 on the pins and grommets helps.

Do they have a slightly lower optional windshield if needed

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Do they have a slightly lower optional windshield if needed

Sawzall !!!

Archived