Trailer decision

John mills

This thing tows awesome! Barely any tongue weight, there’s some but nothing compared to my single axle trailers. Can’t wait to put it to work in the spring! 

54425719-D553-4F7E-91AE-126474841A74.jpeg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I had a 8x12 hybrid with a rear ramp and man door, I’m 5’9” and I could almost stand up straight in it. It was a great trailer, but man did it ever feel like I was towing a brick wall! And even with my extended oem mirrors on my Silverado, I still couldn’t see what was behind me. 

Now I have a 7x14 V nose enclosed with a rear ramp and man door and I can now stand up easily inside (6’) without hitting my head. It also has trailer brakes. Tows way better than the hybrid and I can actually see what’s behind me. I can get both sleds in with plenty of room to spare. I purchased mine at Miska trailers in Hamilton. I think it was around $5500+tax. My truck and trailer combined puts me over the 4500kg so I need a yellow sticker on both and that’s with a 3500lb axle on the trailer. Single axle or not, if your combined weight is over that 4500kg you will need a yellow sticker.

i knew about RV trailer exemption but was unaware of this suburban with the seats exemption thing. 

DF38E687-C97B-4ED3-AD1A-5634E00218B9.png

After CAREFUL research, I decided not to go with a sled-specific trailer, and bought just this setup, aluminum though, and have it almost outfitted just how I want it, just a few details with the alarm etc. to tidy up. I'll wait to be informed about stickers. I think it's ridiculous to have to go through all of that because of trailer/vehicle choice.  I'll swap the F150 for a crummy "suv" first. 

I can roll with this, but not this? Somebody needs a smack.

P_20181007_142538.jpg

P_20180822_093606.jpg

Isn’t it just retarded? After all, it’s just another cash grab...

I bought the Pro Star Bullet at the show like Blake did. I went there to see what kind of deal I could get on a triton 167, also like Blake. No deals on the 167 and the Bullet was a huge difference in price. It looks to be built well, where other brands cheapen out in a lot of areas they did not. The main thing is the floor. Marine plywood on the Bullet. I ordered it with electric brakes for under $500 extra. This trailer is about 4500-5000 cheaper then the triton 167. 

I dont understand why your trailer is not ready Blake. Mine has been ready for almost 2 weeks. I am picking it up tomorrow.  

What colour is your trailer, RotaxMike? Mine is supposed to be black. Action emailed me earlier this week saying mine should be in 'late' this week. 

9 minutes ago, Blake G said:

What colour is your trailer, RotaxMike? Mine is supposed to be black. Action emailed me earlier this week saying mine should be in 'late' this week. 

Blake, I hope Mike isn’t getting your trailer (lol). Do these trailers have a V nose?

2 hours ago, Blake G said:

For me black is the only way to go for a snowmobile trailer. I don't understand why someone would want a white snowmobile trailer which many do. Black will show up much better when it's white all around you or when driving through a snow storm. Maybe they gave RotaxMike your trailer thinking this Blake guy is a patient sort... he'll wait.

After my trailer broke back in '08, I was seriously thinking of going to a white trailer.  My reasoning was that if the trailer was disabled and on the side of the highway at night, it would be much more visible in white than in black.

When the trailer broke, we had made it to the hotel and unloaded when we noticed the crack in the tongue.  In trying to get to a welding shop a couple of miles away, the trailer broke away and luckily ended up on the side of the road after wandering into the opposite lane and then crossing back onto the right shoulder and into the bank.  Had the break happened 10 miles earlier in our trip, and the trailer not cleared the highway, our friends traveling behind us may have found a big black box sitting in front of them.

When I did buy my new trailer, the only reason that I bought black was because the rep at Alumite recommended that White would get stained from the aluminum oxide from the roof. 

2 minutes ago, Rich Saul said:

White would be my choice on new for the reason of summer storage and heat inside from the black.

Can always put reflective stickers on the trailer. 

The white sides I don't believe would make that much of a difference compared to the black sides. The roof which isn't coloured and just grey aluminum would be my bigger concern. Either way it's going to get hot in the summer in a small enclosed space. For visibility I guess it's each individuals perception and driving tendencies. Daytime a white trailer with white snow banks and white fields all around and maybe a white snow storm I don't think would really show up. It would help I guess if you turned your headlights on instead of just daytime headlamps as the tail lights would be lit up as well. My perception is that the black trailer would be more visible. Night time my perception is that it would still be a better choice for visibility to others on the road. The contrast of the black against the white snow banks, white fields, possibly snow covered roads in a snow storm still provides contrast. Then since it's night all the lights are on. When someone's headlights come down the road they are going to light up everything white and in the middle of that will be the black trailer. To each their own. There are pros and cons with anything one makes a choice of.

17 hours ago, Baylaker said:

This thing tows awesome! Barely any tongue weight, there’s some but nothing compared to my single axle trailers. Can’t wait to put it to work in the spring! 

54425719-D553-4F7E-91AE-126474841A74.jpeg

thats a nice trailer     leave it in Fergus so i come up and borrow it !!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, RotaxMike said:

I bought the Pro Star Bullet at the show like Blake did. I went there to see what kind of deal I could get on a triton 167, also like Blake. No deals on the 167 and the Bullet was a huge difference in price. It looks to be built well, where other brands cheapen out in a lot of areas they did not. The main thing is the floor. Marine plywood on the Bullet. I ordered it with electric brakes for under $500 extra. This trailer is about 4500-5000 cheaper then the triton 167. 

I dont understand why your trailer is not ready Blake. Mine has been ready for almost 2 weeks. I am picking it up tomorrow.  

Buddy and I are picking up 2   Sat AM  as well     Planning on 930  arrival 

I have had a trailer similar to the one Mike is robbing the Scotiabank above with, unless that is how you deposit your paycheque haha . No matter what the winter temperature is , the ceiling drips buckets of condensation. 

I put the 1/2 inch foam in and it worked awesome and although takes a bit of time is definitely worth it. 

3C5F8D62-48F0-4844-98C1-394EB0417983.jpeg

4DFB2BDB-46C3-4631-B0AD-0AF751D7B11A.jpeg

good idea! I always did hate that condensation problem.

7 hours ago, Blake G said:

I decided to go with grey. something different. So it looks like I am not getting yours. LOL. Looking forward to picking it up. I think it will be a good trailer.

The hybrids are sweet but wide and pretty much useless for anything else.  I have a 7x14 (plus 3' for the v-nose) enclosed and its very versatile - amerilite aluminum from Action.  For example, I have a bud with a hybrid but he can't get his side by side in it.  Also, an enclosed is really nice when moving daughter.. assuming you have one..lol  It pulls reallyh nice behind my 1500 sierra.

Typically, the best sled trailer is a drive in/drive out.  For 2 sleds you'll need a 18 footer to do it comfortably and it can be used for a ton of other things. 

Puggz, I sent you a text about picking up the ramp from you tomorrow.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:08 AM, catinental couch said:

Obviously a salesman who is into himself and has no idea what you do with the trailer. A drive by with your Pace trailer and a word with his boss might be in order.

aaahhh, I wasted enough time with those clowns. A friend of mine has bought 2 trailers from them and got the run around both times, he keeps dealing with them cause he is close. I guess I am just not as passive, lol

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, volunteer2 said:

Hey  Wildman  been a while     I had a really good experience so far,  answered a couple technical questions and got me set up with the Kijiji deal ( show special )   only 2 were left   Feeling real good and Saturday is pick up.  Oh  and Blake delt there so it's gotta work out       let's hope for the best 

It has been a while. I am sure it will work out, they carry decent products and move a ton of stuff, I just don't have time for them. 

1 hour ago, Wildman said:

aaahhh, I wasted enough time with those clowns. A friend of mine has bought 2 trailers from them and got the run around both times, he keeps dealing with them cause he is close. I guess I am just not as passive, lol

serenity  now         serenity now        or you could try  Yoga ???

What about a black and white trailer .... problem solved !

IMG_0035.JPG

1 hour ago, Wildman said:

It has been a while. I am sure it will work out, they carry decent products and move a ton of stuff, I just don't have time for them. 

Thanks     trucks warmin up   head  out  soon     

Volunteer2 is ready to rumble.

Congrats on the new trailer. Looks good.

20181208_131653.jpg

Got mine too. Tows great.

Guys in the tech department and gals at the counter were friendly and efficient.

I saw some grey Bullets and a white one in Action's back lot. I guess the delay applied only to the black version.

20181208_102511.jpg

Archived