MF Ski Whiz

SteveChandos

I’ve recently acquired 3 MF ski WHIZ. All stored indoors for 30+years. 400SST, 304, and one other. JLO motors, not seized up. Put away in pretty decent condition.

Are there any interests in these machines? I can post up some more photos this evening if so.

Located North or Peterborough .

55FB5E7C-9DCA-47BD-8FD2-4F94D36DF81E.jpeg

3B62FA07-FC93-4A15-B8BE-19D11F887C1B.jpeg

Probably more interest in the red models than the black sled since they're earlier versions.

Are they complete? I noticed a missing carb in your pic

Might be interested in another restoration project.

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

Probably more interest in the red models than the black sled since they're earlier versions.

That’s what I figured.

13 hours ago, Bigfish said:

Are they complete? I noticed a missing carb in your pic

Might be interested in another restoration project.

I have one carb. Otherwise they are complete. All lights front/rear are mint. I’ll post some more today.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

My dad bought one in 1969, it was our first sled.

Was the recoil always broken ?  When I was a boy, the neighbor just used a bale string.  That was when my friend and I on that sled would ride over the fence lines from field to field in the deep snow of the 60's.  It rarely got stuck.

Neighbors across the street had one... Big John (dad) was the only one able to pull it over. 3 of us kids could just barely pull the rope out ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

Was the recoil always broken ?  When I was a boy, the neighbor just used a bale string.  That was when my friend and I on that sled would ride over the fence lines from field to field in the deep snow of the 60's.  It rarely got stuck.

It had electric start.

30 minutes ago, Rich Saul said:

I would be interested in a red one. Actually I  just want a red hood if your parting them out.

I don’t think I will be parting them out. rebuilding a home, just don’t have the time.

Can definitely take reasonable “package” offers on the 2 reds.

440 SST and a formula III 

I mainly want these gone as soon as possible. 

Had one many years ago.  Wish I never sold it now.  Recoil would last about three pulls before it broke.  Thank god for electric start

17 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Neighbors across the street had one... Big John (dad) was the only one able to pull it over. 3 of us kids could just barely pull the rope out ...

That's why our father's 335 single got nicknamed 'The Pig'. We could pull the rewind, but nowhere fast enough to approach starting it.

• Like 1

Steve if you are on Facebook at all get hold of Ryan Mcnulty Vintage Sled Group of Ontario or Antique and Classis Snowmobile Club of Canada. He is a Ski Whiz guy Renfrew area.

Kerry

Our club received this email this week. If someone was planning a restoration project it be an opportunity. 

Hi there, 

I’m reaching out on behalf of an upcoming antique restoration series that is filming in the Southern Ontario area this summer/fall. I’m hoping you might be able to share the following casting call with your affiliates or anyone you think might be a good fit. 

NOW CASTING – ONTARIO

Do you have a prized possession that’s old and in need of some serious repair?

In a potential new series currently in development, our team of passionate artisans and expert fixers work to bring beloved items back to life.

From a rusting snowmobile to an old-school slot machine, a smashed up guitar to a busted jukebox, our team works to fix it. If you want that treasured item restored to its former glory, get in touch now and tell us your story. If this sounds like your friend, family member, neighbor or co-worker please share!

Applicants should apply online to be considered: therepairshop.castingcrane.com

Only considered applicants will be contacted.

Please let me know if you need any further information. 

-- 

Kristen Watt

Associate Producer, The Repair Shop

Cineflix Productions

110 Spadina Avenue,

Suite 400, Toronto, ON 

Canada, M5V 2K4

T:  416 504 7317 (x659)

F:  416 531-8191

www.cineflix.com

Steve

I pm'd you with Ryans' info.

Kerry

On 7/18/2018 at 12:23 PM, revrnd said:

That's why our father's 335 single got nicknamed 'The Pig'. We could pull the rewind, but nowhere fast enough to approach starting it.

my first sled was my dads 335 single 1971

On 7/20/2018 at 7:43 PM, wrightonalan said:

my first sled was my dads 335 single 1971

Ours was a '70 that you had to remove the gas cap to take the hood off.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brings back memories. As a kid there were tons of those original cheese whiz,s as there was a local dealer. Basically all 100 + sleds were in the  neighbourhood and everyone was out riding everywhere down roads, fields lakes etc and broken sleds,spit out parts everywhere. All that said it was wonderful and still think about those days over 50/years ago and about 30 to 40 sleds ago. I don’t think the same appreciation will exist in the future although sleds are so  much better and so reliable. Unfortunately winters pale in comparison. 

• 3 years later...
On 7/16/2018 at 5:17 PM, SteveChandos said:

55FB5E7C-9DCA-47BD-8FD2-4F94D36DF81E.jpeg

3B62FA07-FC93-4A15-B8BE-19D11F887C1B.jpeg

Hey! I noticed you posted this photo. I was wondering where you found the black ski whiz. A few years back or even around the time this was posted. I had a friend sell my ski whiz on me. I’m trying to find it. I’m willing to do whatever to find my sled. Anyway you could send more pictures of it? 

It would be greatly appreciated!!