EOTA Trail Pass

signfan

What is the deal with their trail passes for ATVing?  Are they required if the trail is on crown land where EOTA has laid claim to a trail?  Bigger question is are they actually spending money on the trail system? Regardless of whether they are legally enforceable or not I'd probably buy one of their is evidence of actual maintenance occurring.  Just looking for everyone's thoughts / experience on this topic.  Mainly thinking of riding around Bon Echo.

these  questions have been asked by many over the years...quick question is no pass is needed for crown land but many of the trails still pass over private land....this is a big issue in the Haliburton and Kawartha clubs...I have been a member of a local atv club in Southern Ontario for years and can tell you many many hours and money are put into trail work...EOTA suck in my opinion...they pulled out of the reciprocal  they had with OFATV to honor each others pass..if you buy an EOTA pass this year you can still ride on OFATV trailstoo....OFATV is still honoring EOTA  passes this year....check out Renfrew County ATV Club...they are OFATV and cover a huge area....

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I echo most of what diceman has said. But a lot of people are butt hurt to the fact that EOAT pulled out of reciprocal agreement with ofatv. Fact is ofatv is NOT perfect and had a sneaky condition they were wanting in the agreement so EOAT did what is right and declined the agreement. EOTA also this year has a reciprocal agreement with Park To Park which spans from Algonquin Provincial Park to KillBear provincial park just north of parry sound. There is no perfect club but all clubs try their best with what they have to work with for their pass holders. 

As for crown it’s just that, crown land for anyone’s use unless the odd time the ministry does have an lup with with a club or some crown land is restricted use such as in conservation areas etc. Fact is you’ll be on crown for maybe a couple kilometres then will be on private property which has an lup with the club or you’ll be entering into the clubs property which then you’ll need the pass so really your just better off having a pass for the area your riding the most. I’d suggest getting the seasonal pass for the area you chose to ride in most and just get day passes for the ones you don’t do a lot of. 

As for maintenance most clubs do as much as they can afford. EOTA  has a decent pot and does do trail maintenance from what I hear. Hope that helped some. 

Archived