any body heard fron the ofsc board meeting

mike37

On 6/2/2018 at 7:38 AM, Doogirl69 said:

Yup a Hatchet Man.

Come in, clean house, make changes (hopefully for the better) and move on before they can see the results.

We will have to wait and see.

Not even close to a hatchet man.   Trust that the hiring team at the OFSC took all things into consideration and maybe got a time commitment from him too.   Why always think the worst - perhaps he's a builder, a fixer, he certainly has some impressive credentials.  Perhaps the hiring team has the best interest of the organization in mind.   There are new people at the helm right now in a very strong, forward thinking Excom,  the the BOG has put into place, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have picked someone who was going to hurt the organization as a whole.

DD

3 hours ago, Doogirl69 said:

There is only 1 left. 

Hopefully not for long. 

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Ned Nickerson.

Ah Yes, a Lightning Rod for sure who is in many ways the only recognizable face of the OFSC to most Snowmobilers.

Many would certainly like to know what he is paid, especially given that he has so many other irons in the fire with various sponsors, Quebec snowmobiling, etc.

He does provide interesting and relevant information to Snowmobilers of various types but possibly he is at the end of the line too.

18 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Ah Yes, a Lightning Rod for sure who is in many ways the only recognizable face of the OFSC to most Snowmobilers.

Many would certainly like to know what he is paid, especially given that he has so many other irons in the fire with various sponsors, Quebec snowmobiling, etc.

He does provide interesting and relevant information to Snowmobilers of various types but possibly he is at the end of the line too.

Yes his 'sponsorships' from various vendors to shill for their products. Then there his involvement in the PWC sport.

On 6/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, Greggie said:

Was hoping that Mots would be reviewed but it looks like they are going on with the existing MOTS...

Seems that all you guys are agreeing with moving on with MOTS in F1 speed. 

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

Yes his 'sponsorships' from various vendors to shill for their products. Then there his involvement in the PWC sport.

I cannot blame him for grinding out a living doing basically nothing. He found a platform and wormed his way deep inside it. Any volunteer would be happy to write about their area for free. No need to pay a guy to ride with permit money. But whom among us would pass on that deal?

As much as I think the guy is a tool as well.

Some monies received by the OFSC have to be spent on programs I are at if on the trail.

2 hours ago, soupkids said:

As much as I think the guy is a tool as well.

Some monies received by the OFSC have to be spent on programs I are at if on the trail.

True as it stands now they do. The real focus on advertising needs to be a push to have the manufacturers advertise the trail system. They are the only real financial beneficiaries of our trail system. Volunteers pay with their time and money, the permit buyer pays for his pass, and the employees that get a cheque from the OFSC or clubs to groom do not make much. What we see is multi billion dollar multinational companies riding on the backs of the Ontario sledder and the OFSC to help sell their products. Every sled ad shows a goon jumping one over a hill on a trail, something we all know is dangerous and stupid. they should be marketing our trail system as a safe and fun place for families and touring sledders. If the trail system in Ontario were to fold, 85% of Ontario new sled sales would simply be gone. They are totally dependent upon the trail system to sell their product and it is high time this was pointed out to them.

What about the countless tourism / service businesses that benefit from snowmobilers at a time of year when they would have little or no business otherwise. Many don't contribute in any way. As for Craig... I don't ever recall hearing a useful radio spot or reading a useful article.

Now... Groomer Guy... much more useful and enjoyable reading

8 hours ago, zoso said:

True as it stands now they do. The real focus on advertising needs to be a push to have the manufacturers advertise the trail system. They are the only real financial beneficiaries of our trail system. Volunteers pay with their time and money, the permit buyer pays for his pass, and the employees that get a cheque from the OFSC or clubs to groom do not make much. What we see is multi billion dollar multinational companies riding on the backs of the Ontario sledder and the OFSC to help sell their products. Every sled ad shows a goon jumping one over a hill on a trail, something we all know is dangerous and stupid. they should be marketing our trail system as a safe and fun place for families and touring sledders. If the trail system in Ontario were to fold, 85% of Ontario new sled sales would simply be gone. They are totally dependent upon the trail system to sell their product and it is high time this was pointed out to them.

Absolutely correct, well said.  Apart from sharing in the cost of the AGM I really wonder what the manufacturers contribute to Ontario organized snowmobiling but I await a response from others better informed.

3 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Absolutely correct, well said.  Apart from sharing in the cost of the AGM I really wonder what the manufacturers contribute to Ontario organized snowmobiling but I await a response from others better informed.

Umm provide new expensive sleds for us to ride.

15 hours ago, 02Sled said:

As for Craig.. I don't ever recall hearing a useful radio spot or reading a useful article.

This article has recently appeared again - re-cycled for about the third time....getting on in years, but I think I remember a lot of discussion on this forum re butter tarts prior to this article...

305820381_buttertart.thumb.jpg.23b44506b9254408109b4898a6e1e5fe.jpg

Maybe Blake and others should get a percentage....^_^

On 6/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, 02Sled said:

. As for Craig... I don't ever recall hearing a useful radio spot or reading a useful article.

Is he "the intrepid snowmobiler"? I also laugh at the radio spots. "Never ride alone", I guess there goes a lot of permit sales!

22 minutes ago, zoso said:

How many permits were sold last season?

I guess the TPS is still not working or else they are keeping everyone in suspense until the AGM.

on the plus side there certainly seemed to be less complaints on OC regarding Trail Permits being lost in mail or seriously delayed as in the past.

It would be interesting to see how many Trail Permits were sold to Americans versus previous years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 8:25 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I understand the changes required by MOTS Paul and do not have a problem with most of the changes. That said, the only reason that I can see for changing away from a simple numbering system for the "revised Districts" would be to appease those whose district number would have been changed to a neighbouring District's number.

I am a keep it simple kind of person and just believe that a numbering system is just much easier to learn and remember than a long name.  

There will most certainly be costs incurred by using the longer names as they require labour to change, art work, print space costs, etc. I just think that the money spent on those costs could have been kept on the snow.

I am the same way, keep it simple. More money will be wasted on the cost of the changes. There is a lot of work involved in running the clubs. I feel they are forgetting we are volunteers. I don't know how some of the clubs are doing it with only 3 or 4 people on the executive. 

Archived