I quit

soupkids

Smoking.

4 weeks and holding

That's fantastic soup keep it up

Way to go buddy!! I’m at Just over 3 months no smoking and feel great.. Congrats!!

Congrat's guys. 

Took me a few tries, over a few years, but it's done. almost 5 years now. 

Just keep thinking of the guilt free $$$ you get to spend on sledding. 

I'm here to say, this gambit can be used for YEARS!

It will be three years next month for me. Now that I am living in the north, my lungs feel a lot better with breathing the cleaner air. When I go south, I can taste and feel the difference in the air by the time I hit Port Severn and it just gets worse as I go south. Emphysema is not fun either.

Everyday is a new challenge 

Jan 11th 2000 745am my last smoke sat in an ashtray as I got ready for work.First couple puffs to get it lighted, the the third was at the end and all I got was burnt filter.Pack to a pack and a half a day.Never had the urge again.Keep it up best thing you will ever do for yourself !!

Kerry

Way to go, group.

Testing 1 2 3....

From TV show Frasier - "Where's There's Smoke There's Fired"...Frasier must help his boss's fiance to quit smoking - Frasier realizes that the fiance is his agent Bebe...

Bebe: After dinner is the time I need a cigarette most. As long as I don't stop eating, I'll be fine.

Frasier: This is very good, Bebe. You're already identifying those moments that trigger your worst cravings.

Bebe: [sarcastic] Yeah, yeah!

Frasier: What is so wonderful about smoking?

Bebe: Everything! I like the way a fresh firm pack feels in my hand. I like peeling away that little piece of cellophane and seeing it twinkle in the light. I like coaxing that first sweet cylinder out of its hiding place and bringing it slowly up to my lips. Striking a match, watching it burst into a perfect little flame and knowing that soon that flame will be inside me!

[Begins displaying innuendo]

Bebe: I love the first puff, pulling it into my lungs... little fingers of smoking filling me, caressing me, feeling that warmth penetrate deeper and deeper until I think I'm going to burst!

[Frasier raises his eyebrow]

Bebe: Then 'woosh!'... watching it flow out of me in a lovely sinuous cloud, no two ever quite the same!

Daphne: [Visibly aroused, as are the others] More potatoes, anyone?

I can remember Fred Davis smoking on the set of Front Page Challenge....

a lot of the offices I worked in during the 60s, 70s, and 80s all had big ashtrays on the desk, and a waste basket fire or two a week!

8fd1d8800fe2b534a9a25a23464cc704.jpg

Want to see smoking watch the series "Mad Men".  Big Green ashtrays......got me started when I was 10......quit in 1996 when I was 36.......don't miss it a bit.

1 hour ago, Bigfish said:

a lot of the offices I worked in during the 60s, 70s, and 80s all had big ashtrays on the desk, and a waste basket fire or two a week!

That company spent a lot of money on racing with Penske but the cigarettes smelled like burning dog $hit. If I had to smoke them, I would quit smoking.

Guys face matches his gloves Leather 

10 hours ago, Yamforlife said:

Want to see smoking watch the series "Mad Men".  Big Green ashtrays......got me started when I was 10......quit in 1996 when I was 36.......don't miss it a bit.

Glad to hear (from everyone) ... although your avatar is hilarious, albeit a bit disconcerting ... 

Never smoked, but mom always smoked us out of the car when on trips, she'd light one up and leave it halfway out the open window (dad was too cheap to buy a car with A/C), constantly blowing back into our faces ... we'd get to Caraquet smelling like a bunch of smoked hams ....

4 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Glad to hear (from everyone) ... although your avatar is hilarious, albeit a bit disconcerting ... 

Never smoked, but mom always smoked us out of the car when on trips, she'd light one up and leave it halfway out the open window (dad was too cheap to buy a car with A/C), constantly blowing back into our faces ... we'd get to Caraquet smelling like a bunch of smoked hams ....

Thats why I picked that Avatar  (it reminded me of me) .....Just kids back then and  we were smoking......everyone smoked....Imagine a 9 -10 year olds smoking now? 

World has changed allot for the better when it comes to smoking.   I can't beleive they want to legalize pot......now that is messed up!!!

1 hour ago, Yamforlife said:

I can't believe they want to legalize pot......now that is messed up!!!

How so?

If what I am reading is true and people can grow their own (4 plants per household), there will be no tax revenue created.

If they go with the government run sales outlets (WCBO?), and jack the price up with taxes, then the underground/black market will still do the bulk of sales.

37 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

If what I am reading is true and people can grow their own (4 plants per household), there will be no tax revenue created.

If they go with the government run sales outlets (WCBO?), and jack the price up with taxes, then the underground/black market will still do the bulk of sales.

I heard they are trying to match current prices in an attempt to reduce that. Government weed is also going to be regulated with respect to thc content so you know what your getting.

There will be massive tax created with all of the's business that sell the oils and different strands for different purposes.  There all businesses right so they have to pay taxes.

The big ones will (Aurora, Med-Leaf, etc), of course, but then there is the out-of-province/country online sales and mail order ones, that won't. Also there are at least 13 dispensaries on the reserves around here, that are exercising their tax exempt treaty rights, now!

Our blessed government is the ONLY organization that could sell weed and lose money.

I can't wait for July 1. I will be subsidizing Trudope's stoners. 

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations I quit 3 years ago after smoking 25 years.  IT gets easier as time passes.

Archived