Summer Projects

soupkids

Seeing as things are quickly dying around here I thought I would start this thread.

Sled related or not, post up.

My project to start is a wood splitter.

I already have one that works just fine but what the hell 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping to build a basic shelter with a proper floor and walls to better store all the "other" seasonal stuff.... quad, dirt bikes, mowers, etc.  The sleds are ok in the tempo but no room for anything else.  It too needs a proper floor. 

Ideally, I need to move into a farmhouse with a barn and 200 acres of bush....

Nothing that I can think of right now. 

I'm hoping to build a basic shelter with a proper floor and walls to better store all the "other" seasonal stuff.... quad, dirt bikes, mowers, etc.  The sleds are ok in the tempo but no room for anything else.  It too needs a proper floor. 

Ideally, I need to move into a farmhouse with a barn and 200 acres of bush....

When I was riding the area last month and doing a rescue/recovery mission for Sledjunk, I was surprised to see the number of what appears to be vacant homes on the highway to the east of Hearst. Must be able to pickup one of those cheap and build a huge shop.

jerry

My project for the summer.  General maintenance plus motor mounts, front a-arm bushings and some clutch work

31166839_1847582381940223_6500230495235921610_n.jpg

^ If your considering using the '18 mounts as many have suggested, increase in vibration is not worth it.

I'm going to stay with the 17's but I believe people are using the PTO mounts on the mag side as well

When I was riding the area last month and doing a rescue/recovery mission for Sledjunk, I was surprised to see the number of what appears to be vacant homes on the highway to the east of Hearst. Must be able to pickup one of those cheap and build a huge shop.

jerry

Yes, there are lots of vacant lots .... homes are probably trash but if someone was looking for something to build on, you could probably grab up the land for cheap and go nuts on a build ....

Hopefully it won't be too hot of a summer. Mid 70's works for me. We need to do a lot of work on our small boat house for the tin boat. New roof, some new decking and new siding.

I have to check @ a sawmill near Eldorado & see if they cut any tamarack saw logs this winter. I had put in an order last fall for rough sawn boards to redeck our bridge. 

New project.

Just bought this, hopefully I can cut enough firewood each year to pay the taxes and expenses to cut said wood for my camp property.

ad_1524699651915.jpg

ad_1524699621091.jpg

New project.

Just bought this, hopefully I can cut enough firewood each year to pay the taxes and expenses to cut said wood for my camp property.

ad_1524699651915.jpg

ad_1524699621091.jpg

Is it homemade or 'store boughten'?

New project.

ad_1524699651915.jpg

ad_1524699621091.jpg

Used these units before behind the atv pulling some logs.   All i found them good for was keeping the butt end up in the air for dragging on fairly open and flat ground.  They also drag the logs through all the crap to kill your chainsaw blades or sawmill blades....maybe want to add a rear section to keep out of the dirt...

They are wide and do get caught up on standing trees/brush when trying to pull the material by them.  Never was really happy with the unit, as most of the logs i tend to deal with are 30" and over and up to 8000lbs....

As i see in the background the 3pt snowblower, you must have a tractor with a powered 3 point hitch, why not just use the tractor to pull them out?

Where to start, finish basement Reno, insulate/drywall garage and install heater/lift/compressor, take down a few more trees and plant grass,add saltwater system to pool,go through new to me sled and maybe fix or part out blown up one. The wife wants me to replace all the deck boards and railing but I think in just going to replace rotten boards this year! She sometimes thinks home projects are done as quickly as they seem on those damn tv shows 

On 4/26/2018 at 7:49 AM, snowman said:

Used these units before behind the atv pulling some logs.   All i found them good for was keeping the butt end up in the air for dragging on fairly open and flat ground.  They also drag the logs through all the crap to kill your chainsaw blades or sawmill blades....maybe want to add a rear section to keep out of the dirt...

They are wide and do get caught up on standing trees/brush when trying to pull the material by them.  Never was really happy with the unit, as most of the logs i tend to deal with are 30" and over and up to 8000lbs....

As i see in the background the 3pt snowblower, you must have a tractor with a powered 3 point hitch, why not just use the tractor to pull them out?

Sellers picture

4 hours ago, soupkids said:

Sellers picture

Well I hope you didn’t pay to much for that...worth around $100 would be my guess at the high end...

I saw a rig that would lift the front of the log like that one, with another at the rear to keep the log off the ground. Don't remember how much but it was nice and narrow. 

4 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I saw a rig that would lift the front of the log like that one, with another at the rear to keep the log off the ground. Don't remember how much but it was nice and narrow. 

Seen videos of them as well.

This will work just fine for me as it's only to haul firewood out of the Bush.

You have to see my property to see that there not be much dirt on the wood, mostly rock.

Just as I'm about to get into get ready for the lake mode my wife decides it might be a good time to paint all the rooms in the house.

41 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I thought you did that last year.

Did some painting but not the whole house. What was painted she isn't happy with the colour and wants to change it up.

Buy her a paint brush?

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

Buy her a paint brush?

I'm not that brave

Archived