April 23, 2018 - And 2 sections are still green

Canuck

Congrats to Dubreuilville and Timmins - both have sections of trail still open.

Dub has 'many' kms, Timmins less.

Until next year .... 

rode dubreuilville Saturday 162 miles, saw one sled total. north trail held up really well, a couple of road crossings, and the rr track north of town at km17 were the worst parts. made it to the warm up shack, and then went to the hornepayne side of the d108a for a bit of added mileage all in all was awesome.

the south D,F trail didn't fair as well. approx. 10-12 miles south of town the loggers plowed the trail (road) to dirt/mud, with no warning. 2 weeks prior it was mint. the club had a bypass but the warm temps and the multiple road crossings of mud, made it a no go for our group, to try to run to hawk and back.  the F trail to missanabie and ernies has been messed up for several weeks, with a power crew in replacing poles so, we didn't even try it.

the west trail toward white river, fishing moose lodge held up well, with one small stretch where you cross the magpie, where a work crew worked on the bridge this season. it was getting toward sunset, so we headed to the magpie, v.s riding anymore dirt. the magpie still had the trail markers up. the water level has dropped about 12-15 feet since the freeze in the late fall/early winter. lots of magpie mushrooms, stumps, rocks, sandbars exposed ect... awesome sunset on the reservoir.

it was plus15 or better Friday, sat, and sunday. the snow was going FAST. The club did a great job with a late start on snow, then a big wallop the end of feb. then the last storm on Monday, before we arrived. conditions were great almost the whole season. glad it is over.

rode in just a tekvest, and mx jersey Saturday. no gloves for most of the day. sunburnt wrists, hands, face. LOL! was a blast. ended up with around 1200 miles for the season, mostly offtrail. broke 7100 miles on my 2009 m8, next year she will be 10 seasons with me, the longest I have ever kept a sled. not planning on replacing her anytime soon.

ready for bike season. Ski

Rode the bike today, winter is over.

It will be back this year yet. 

It will be back this year yet. 

I am not putting the shovels away until I get the lawn mover out

Timmins is all red, Mattice area is yellow & D'ville is still green as of 1:30 AM.

Archived