OK, I'm done. Last ride for the season at Missing Link.

manotickmike

A few minutes of Saturday around noon. 

My beloved 197 was flawless, but there were sketchy patches on the 195 and 191. Racked up another 250k or so, and put a deposit on my "new" sled on the way home, in the midst of the "snowstorm" that turned into an icy mess instead.

On behalf of the rest of the OCers, we hate you! Where was this weather back in February?

This winter was all about location. South had a great start while it lasted. Above highway 17 had a great feb, march and some of April. 

What brand was it ?  Could you tell ?

7 hours ago, manotickmike said:

A few minutes of Saturday around noon. 

My beloved 197 was flawless, but there were sketchy patches on the 195 and 191. Racked up another 250k or so, and put a deposit on my "new" sled on the way home, in the midst of the "snowstorm" that turned into an icy mess instead.

I think that in some areas you may have been embracing the upper limits of 50kph. :rolleyes:

Secondary looks Poo-ish ... brake rotor is visible... someone might concur ...?

Two stroke (expansion chamber) so not likely a Yammi.

4 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Two stroke (expansion chamber) so not likely a Yammi.

With a MBRP trail can ....

XC 850. Poor nunz. :icon_slap2:

1 hour ago, reevester said:

XC 850. Poor nunz. :icon_slap2:

Lol, more like someone wanting to snow check a new 850 but didn’t like the trade in allowance 

33 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Lol, more like someone wanting to snow check a new 850 but didn’t like the trade in allowance 

That sucks, going to buy one anyways and sell private? 

13 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I think that in some areas you may have been embracing the upper limits of 50kph. :rolleyes:

How DARE you infer illegal activity on my part!

:angry:

I had to dust off the top of the motor to be sure, (still warm...) but the more observant (educated?) guy I met later on said the part off to the side of the trail gave it away.

Looked like some blind corner left of center from my vantage point.... :(

24 minutes ago, Ox said:

Looked like some blind corner left of center from my vantage point.... :(

Oh, com'on, do you really think any one else will be out on the trails Apr 14.....

On 2018-04-16 at 8:19 PM, catinental couch said:

And on left side of trail, based on camera angle. Good thing I stayed home, lol. 

Sight lines are better than this implies. The truly blind corners I'm WELL over. I ride at a clip that leaves room for adjustments.

I'm in no hurry to die, DIRT BIKE SEASON is coming!

Oh, com'on, do you really think any one else will be out on the trails Apr 14.....

He was....

>20 yrs ago we were riding in Da UP eh on what happened to be opening day (Dec 15). EWe didn't know it was an official opening, we just headed up b/c there was snow. We only saw one other sled all day! We met on a blind corner when we were getting lax and were both on the inside too far. Fortunately - that was back in the 440 fan days (we were both running 1970's iron yet). We both hit the bush on the other side, and the other guy never blinked an eye. He was in the right. 

It is close calls early on that learn you with some amount of safety. Learning those lessons on 800's is a whole nother ordeal.

... now he says that he was reasonable, and I agree that the vantage point of the camera doesn't get it all. But just saying that it is those low traffic days that can really git'chew in a jackpot, and when skis lock, it's seldom a good outcome. Trust me - I am nobody's safety guy. I don't wear my seatbelt. I seldom wear safety glasses at work. I can find about any reason to head out in a blizzard! These are  related to my own safety. But blind left of centers are a big deal to me. It is not just your own life that you hold in your hands. I've even seen this on the roads - where someone is left on a hilltop and everybody ends up dead.

I agree the sled looks like a Polaris judging by the front spindles and possible the horizontal spring so far back being the Pro-XC rear suspension?

that's some funny ssshiiiittttt, there:D

I would stop paying and let repo guy come and collect that one. 

Archived