April 6th to 9th Temiscaming Quebec

WinderFab

Did a quick 4 day ride in Quebec, trails are in tip top shape.. it’s not over yet.. few pics of the trail conditions..

F52717A8-BADA-4EE9-85FD-0935F58E1411.jpeg

5C0E90D1-818D-43F5-9DBE-3BC325914533.jpeg

9E2133FB-52AF-43C6-8947-F72982481C1E.jpeg

B655807A-2772-442A-8744-90E043281255.jpeg

960B0CA1-027C-4FE0-9F6F-2A0E7343F7F5.jpeg

Trails holding up well Fabio

get that last ride in :D

nice area around Temiscaming

Greg

Greg trails where awesome and very few sleds around.

Still a thick trail base north of temiscaming, we had over night temps in the -15 to -20 range and with more snow on the way later this week there will be a few more weeks of riding left..

Man I am jealous. Work too busy. Can’t get time off 

Rode Temiscaming to Rouyn Noranda to Amos to Matagami  and back a couple of weeks ago (approx 950 miles) Trails were stellar!

We did it in 3 days, but our seat time was only around 20 hours. Not bad for a bunch of old farts in our 60s & 70s. :crazy_grn:

Too bad the A105Q is closed, would make for a nice loop up thru 1 province & come back in the other.

Great pics Fabio.

8 hours ago, revrnd said:

Too bad the A105Q is closed, would make for a nice loop up thru 1 province & come back in the other.

X2.. hopefully one day it gets reopened again..

18 minutes ago, Fabio said:

X2.. hopefully one day it gets reopened again..

X3 never been across new bridge on Ottawa river either. 

20 hours ago, revrnd said:

They are reopening it next season!

4 minutes ago, carman80 said:

Is gas still available in La Reine?

1 hour ago, carman80 said:

I like that, it will make for a good loop

2 hours ago, carman80 said:

Where did this information come from? 

7 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Where did this information come from? 

Didn't Quebec agree to groom it if it was signed, brushed and packed first? 

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Is gas still available in La Reine?

Last time we went across you  had to go to the next village of Dupuis to get gas. about 12 km. further east from the main road crossing in La Reine to get to the gas station.

2 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Didn't Quebec agree to groom it if it was signed, brushed and packed first? 

I think you are mistaken and referring to A102Q where the Temiscaming, QC looks after the last 13 Kms of trail on the Ontario side due to Big Jocko River that can’t be crossed by NBSC Groomer.

Also the new bridge referred to is on the ON side of Ottawa River at Temiscaming, QC.

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

I think you are mistaken and referring to A102Q where the Temiscaming, QC looks after the last 13 Kms of trail on the Ontario side due to Big Jocko River that can’t be crossed by NBSC Groomer.

Also the new bridge referred to is on the ON side of Ottawa River at Temiscaming, QC.

Yes you are right it is that trail that I was reading about. The new bridge I was referring too was south of Pettawa forget the name of the area that it is in, crosses the Ottawa river. Nice structure. 

4 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Last time we went across you  had to go to the next village of Dupuis to get gas. about 12 km. further east from the main road crossing in La Reine to get to the gas station.

I seem to recall a thread on here about a small sign directing folks to gas in 1 of the small towns east of the border. When we rode from Amos to Cochrane, we topped up in La Sarre & headed west. I've also read where folks riding out & back would 'duck into' Quebec to get gas hoping they wouldn't cross paths w/ 'trail patrollers/wardens'.

Something like reciprocity would work both ways IMO. Folks could ride from Quebec to Cochrane as well. People would obviously fill up w/ gas in the towns & probably grab a bite too. 

On our last ride to La Reine from Cochrane, we stopped stopped at a Beistro on the left of the first intersection.  Had lunch, bought our 3 day passes, then went south down the hill and got gas at the gas station.  They also had maps and passes at the gas station.  Back north to the trail and then east to La Sarre.  This was a year or two before the trail closed.

here is a few more pics of our last trip,always a great time with this crew...

20180406_180314.jpg

20180407_113737.jpg

20180406_180334.jpg

20180408_133239.jpg

20180408_162520.jpg

20180409_143939.jpg

20180408_110118.jpg

20180409_154433.jpg

The Temiscaming QC Club allows Ontario permitted sleds to travel into the town centre for gas, food, etc. and to purchase Trail Permits if one is continuing further.

They maintain an aggressive Trail Warden program and rightly so.

3 hours ago, revrnd said:

I seem to recall a thread on here about a small sign directing folks to gas in 1 of the small towns east of the border. When we rode from Amos to Cochrane, we topped up in La Sarre & headed west. I've also read where folks riding out & back would 'duck into' Quebec to get gas hoping they wouldn't cross paths w/ 'trail patrollers/wardens'.

Something like reciprocity would work both ways IMO. Folks could ride from Quebec to Cochrane as well. People would obviously fill up w/ gas in the towns & probably grab a bite too. 

I think you are right and we previously discussed this. When we got to the main street stop sign in Dupuis, we went straight through about 500 yards and the trail to the gas station went to the right.

Archived