Encore to last ride of the season.

lastzrt

Encore season final ride was fantastic.

My wife and I rode out of Hailebury last three days. A trail was groomed to south of Latchford and open to Temagami. Big  thanks  to Tri Town  Snow Travellers. This allowed us lots of access to go play in fresh snow!

Timiskaming solid and snow covered for lake touring. Even saw some unique wildlife...

image001.jpg

image010.jpg

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

We may be sledding into may if we get the 25 to 35 cm on sunday

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

We may be sledding into may if we get the 25 to 35 cm on sunday

Yeah don't go across your favourite crused spot then though. 

Looks like a great way to end the season.

A little of this and that. Pure satisfaction.

We got about 3500 kms on visiting some new and old destinations. Not bad considering  no trails open at home much this year.

Was indeed a great finish !

image002.jpg

image004.jpg

On 2018-04-11 at 8:29 AM, lastzrt said:

A little of this and that. Pure satisfaction.

We got about 3500 kms on visiting some new and old destinations. Not bad considering  no trails open at home much this year.

Was indeed a great finish !

image002.jpg

image004.jpg

Indeed a traikering sport. I can remember in 2004 and 2005 there was so much snow in district 9, riders from Timmins and cochrane were coming down to ride, because they had no snow. That year I did 4250 km's from home, no trailering. Maybe next year. 

13 hours ago, Viperules700 said:

Indeed a traikering sport. I can remember in 2004 and 2005 there was so much snow in district 9, riders from Timmins and cochrane were coming down to ride, because they had no snow. That year I did 4250 km's from home, no trailering. Maybe next year. 

Really, we had a ton of snow that year in sudbury..

14 minutes ago, zoso said:

Really, we had a ton of snow that year in sudbury..

Yes trail markers were completely Barried in some area's. Really enjoyed that year. Hopefully it repeates soon. My buddy had 10,000 km's on his sled that winter alone. Really need another winter like that. Last good one we had was 2013 and 2014 about 10 straight weeks of open trails. Since then south has been a crap shoot. 

5 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Yes trail markers were completely Barried in some area's. Really enjoyed that year. Hopefully it repeates soon. 

Being I am now living down south my expectations have been adjusted. I would like to see winter come and stay for 6 weeks, that would be nice.

5 minutes ago, zoso said:

Being I am now living down south my expectations have been adjusted. I would like to see winter come and stay for 6 weeks, that would be nice.

6 weeks should be no problem during a normal winter. Getting tired of these 1 week open trails then closed for a month then open again for another week, then closed for season. Hopefully winter returns in south next year. We are due. 

Archived