Shining Tree Update - 2018

revrnd

I got this email in March while I was up in Kap & hadn't a chance to post it:

Hey Kris, Thought I would let you know that on your website regarding our Camp there is some info that is not correct.

We get a lot of sledders in here every day for fuel, they are also expecting a restaurant.  We are across the lake from where 3 Bears used to be. We understand that a lot of them think 3 Bears is still around ( that is them not doing their homework before they come ).

I see on your website you have us having a restaurant, LLBO, which we do not.  We do rent cabins all year round but we do not rent for 1 night stays, we will absolutely fire one up for breakdowns.

I have been searching the internet trying to figure out why so many people that don’t know about 3 bears still think there is a restaurant in Shining Tree. One sledder told me today that there was a sign coming out of Sudbury that stated a restaurant in Shining Tree, (we will look after that).

We have been forwarding the sledders to Auld Reekie in Gowganda, for food and lodging, 80km’s east of us, and J&L’s in Gogama north of us 83 km’s for food and lodging, as now their plans are suddenly changed. Have had very good reports from them about both places.

Most of them still have to come in for fuel before they head out anywhere. When we get phone calls usually both those places fit well with their plans, depending on which way they are going.

We are a hunting and fishing camp with a bait and tackle shop and small store (with snacks), we do have snowmobile oil and premium fuel.

This is the fuel stop 1 Km off the “C” trail. We also groom the “C” trail south and north of us.

I know I went on a bit, sorry about that. Just trying to pick away at this problem.

Cathy Davis

Shining Tree Camp

They are good people at Shining Tree Camp. Helped us out a bunch when one in our group blew up his sled 2nd day into a 7 day trip. He basically is a one man club taking care of who knows how many miles of trail.

On 2018-04-06 at 12:03 AM, Polaris1 said:

They are good people at Shining Tree Camp. Helped us out a bunch when one in our group blew up his sled 2nd day into a 7 day trip. He basically is a one man club taking care of who knows how many miles of trail.

Ok that is place people ment. Hope to ride that area next winter. 

• 10 months later...

Yes they have gas

Archived