End of season prognosis

700renegade

50 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I had a Cobra 1.6 without pre-studded carbide.  The track was fine, but the paddles seemed very thin.  I don't believe there have been any major problems on most tracks with the pre-stud, but the 1.6" lug Cobra pre-studded seems to have issues.

I have put screws in all of mine now, and no issues, but I only put them into heavier lugs and in a pattern which balances out.  The weight of the screws is almost nothing compared to the studs I ran years ago.  Just want to control better on icy stuff, not use them for grip in drag racing.  Putting more screws on the SnowCheck sled too after I pick it up.

Won't go without anymore.  If I could have gotten a pre-stud on the 1.75" Lug track on my new sled, I would not be forced to put screws. 

I think I will just do igrips since my tracks are in good shape still. Ok without tunnel protectors or should they be installed as well? 

Since my name was dropped, I'll reply.  I have the Ice Ripper XT, 1.25 inch, on my 2012 (20100 Km) , and the Ice Attak, 1.22 inch, on my 2015 (26345 Km).  Both tracks were installed when I purchased the machines and are still in great shape.

17 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I think I will just do igrips since my tracks are in good shape still. Ok without tunnel protectors or should they be installed as well? 

I put the protectors on my sleds which did not already have them, but with that said, they were not needed on my Cats.  Have never touched or left any marks, but they only stick up a quarter inch.

Yeah we will see what shakes out. 

I agree, it would be nice if there were more options in the crossover track market that were pre-studded. The storm 150 (1.5”) or the backcountry x (1.75”) would be ideal prestudded. 

Archived