Winter 2.0

soupkids

WTF ???

Welcome to winter get 2.0.

I guess 1.0 was a failure.

I don't think we got this much snow in one shot all winter.

20180404_153550.jpg

20180404_153541.jpg

20180404_142517.jpg

Agreed!  and it looks like we’ll have negative temps right through the weekend! I’m hoping to do some riding this Sunday. Do you think it makes sense to leave out of Skead community center or trailer a little further north?

We got about an inch of snow & some ice pellets on top of it. Flurries all day here. Not enough to take the sled around the yard.

Soup you guys are soooo lucky up there. All we get down here are trucks crashing and traffic jams.

37 cm total so they say.

Went riding today

12 minutes ago, soupkids said:

37 cm total so they say.

Went riding today

Good for you Soup.  We got jack sh!t.  Riding on friggin' glaciers up here.

5 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Good for you Soup.  We got jack sh!t.  Riding on friggin' glaciers up here.

See pics in 2018 thread.

Another 10cm tomorrow lol, you guys are so lucky!!!

9 hours ago, FreezerBurnt said:

Cursed is more like it.

WINTER IS OVER !!!

9 hours ago, FreezerBurnt said:

yes and no... I'm getting anxious to get the boat in the water.... I'm not so sure that I would want to still have snow on the ground and frozen lakes in mid April

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

yes and no... I'm getting anxious to get the boat in the water.... I'm not so sure that I would want to still have snow on the ground and frozen lakes in mid April

Your not going to get close to any lakes up here with a boat mid April !!

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

yes and no... I'm getting anxious to get the boat in the water.... 

I have to agree with O2. Summer prep has been done on my sled, and I am itching to get my new bike on the road, but its zero degrees and snowing. Got one short ride on the bike before we got the really cold start to winter. Remember that great December start to sledding season that we had in southern Ontario? 

DSC01813.jpg

What model is that ?  A new style Concours ?

37 minutes ago, tricky said:

I have to agree with O2. Summer prep has been done on my sled, and I am itching to get my new bike on the road, but its zero degrees and snowing. Got one short ride on the bike before we got the really cold start to winter. Remember that great December start to sledding season that we had in southern Ontario? 

:(

If we'd only had this cold when we were getting the rain...

snowing in Toronto pretty much all morning.

Snowing here AGAIN !!!

5 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Snowing here AGAIN !!!

Enjoy it soup at least you can ride.Dealer called last week and wanted me to pick up car. Now no nice weather for abit, so it is going to have to sit in showroom for abit longer. I bet if l wouldn't have bought it, it would be short and t short weather by now. Cursed now for abit and can't ride sled here either. 

2 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

What model is that ?  A new style Concours ?

That's a Versys 1000. That version(two) has been almost identical since 2015, but is still not common on roads around here.

1 hour ago, Viperules700 said:

Enjoy it soup at least you can ride.Dealer called last week and wanted me to pick up car. Now no nice weather for abit, so it is going to have to sit in showroom for abit longer. I bet if l wouldn't have bought it, it would be short and t short weather by now. Cursed now for abit and can't ride sled here either. 

So we can blame you for this can we? I've been wanting to get a nice day to give the new truck a good coat of polish.

4 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

So we can blame you for this can we? I've been wanting to get a nice day to give the new truck a good coat of polish.

What type do you like to use?  I've been contemplating getting it done with that glass polish.  It's supposed to be good for 3 years.  I had the fellow show me his car he had done over a year ago and he put some water on it and it just ran right off.  It'sso shinny and reflective it looks amazing.  He had the srt Cherokee in red done.

49 minutes ago, gobills said:

What type do you like to use?  I've been contemplating getting it done with that glass polish.  It's supposed to be good for 3 years.  I had the fellow show me his car he had done over a year ago and he put some water on it and it just ran right off.  It'sso shinny and reflective it looks amazing.  He had the srt Cherokee in red done.

That clay bar protection professionals use is amazing. Do it once and it is good for life of vechicle and prevents paint from fading. Never going to hand wash a vechicle again. 

You can do it yourself by using clay bar and a product designed to remove containment from vechicle paint. Comes up smooth like glass after it is done properly. 

Then you can use a random orbit polisher to get out swirl marks that may exist in paint. 

Then wax 

then finally polish. 

You can get 4 or 5 step kits. 

Most people just go thru automatic car wash and get liquid wax reapplied. 

18 minutes ago, gobills said:

This stuff is called sonic wax.  It takes them all day to do.  Your car looks like it has a glass finish when it'sdone. 

You do that yourself? 

30 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

That clay bar protection professionals use is amazing. Do it once and it is good for life of vechicle and prevents paint from fading. Never going to hand wash a vechicle again. 

You can do it yourself by using clay bar and a product designed to remove containment from vechicle paint. Comes up smooth like glass after it is done properly. 

Then you can use a random orbit polisher to get out swirl marks that may exist in paint. 

Then wax 

then finally polish. 

You can get 4 or 5 step kits. 

Most people just go thru automatic car wash and get liquid wax reapplied. 

Almost all new vehicles being produced are painted with at least a 2 stage paint. The colour is sprayed on the base coat then the top coat which is a clear coat. That is where the term base clear comes from. The colour cannot fade because it isn't exposed to the sun or any harsh chemicals.

Any wax or treatment being put on the paint is cleaning and polishing the clear coat only. 

1 hour ago, gobills said:

The dealership tried to sell me on a product I think they called xzilon. It was a lot more than I wanted to spend. I use Meguiars Gold Class. It goes on easy and polishes up easy. I'll do two coats. Wash real well using Meguiars Gold Class wash to clean it first. After the first coat I'll wait about 4 hours and give it a second coat. 

If you get to the US at all the one I really like but can't get here anymore is Liquid Lustre. I can find it online but they don't ship to Canada. It's a pink liquid polish. Years ago they had infomercials where they put lighter fluid on the hood and set it on fire. 

The first time I used it was on a brand new black truck and it didn't look dramatically different. I started to put the second coat on and set the bottle on the hood of the truck which had a very slight slope. The bottle started to slide across the hood. I did the second coat and a few days later drove north. The front of the truck was plastered in spring time dead bugs. I thought I would have some good scrubbing to do. On the way home it rained. The bugs just washed off in the rain.

Archived