Show your 2018 pics.

MR WEEZ

19 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Hey Claire Voyant we followed you guys with that Deaddoo on the A trail  from near downtown right to where you turned off to go to the groomer shed on Monday morning Feb.25th. If I'd known it was you we would have followed you to the shed and said hello  Thought that was a pretty cool way to move the sled. It sure didn't seem to be hurting the trail. Sorry about your sled issues.

Hey! You should have stopped in. Our club president put those signs up showing the way to the groomer garage for a reason. Always looking to meet folks who are enjoying the trails.

Borrowed the club Expedition and sleigh for the recovery. Loading the deadsled  into the sleigh went slicker than I imagined: four guys lifting the back-end and one guy to slide the sleigh in place.  Fishtailed a bit, but not out of control. Glad to hear we weren't leaving too big of a scar on the trail. The fresh snow probably didn't hurt.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, snowchopper said:

Some pics from Rickwards Antique Sled show in Feb 2018.

DSCN0121.JPG

DSCN0122.JPG

DSCN0123.JPG

DSCN0124.JPG

DSCN0125.JPG

DSCN0126.JPG

DSCN0127.JPG

DSCN0128.JPG

DSCN0129.JPG

DSCN0130.JPG

DSCN0131.JPG

DSCN0133.JPG

DSCN0138.JPG

DSCN0140.JPG

My father's 1st Oly is in there. A few sleds from my childhood. I remember the maroon Boa-skis, but never seen that newer model. 

Was that Shark made by Ontario Drive & Gear (Argo)?

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

My father's 1st Oly is in there. A few sleds from my childhood. I remember the maroon Boa-skis, but never seen that newer model. 

The newer Boa Ski is a 1975 model.

Was that Shark made by Ontario Drive & Gear (Argo)?

.You are correct.The Shark was made by Ontario Drive and Gear as the article states.

1976_ARGO_REC_LIFE_SNOWMOBILE_BUYERS_GUIDE_1976_PP3002.jpg

First ride, ended up in the water.

20180116_162848.jpg

Eldest son and I on our northern trip.

20171231_131851.jpg

A fe random.pucs from 2018

20180121_155102.jpg

20180202_154241.jpg

20180219_133100.jpg

20180227_172128.jpg

A few more.

20180315_113921.thumb.jpg.467374eae9058d674338be79015a044c.jpg

20180311_133041.jpg

20180330_121414.jpg

22 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

The newer Boa Ski is a 1975 model.

.You are correct.The Shark was made by Ontario Drive and Gear as the article states.

1976_ARGO_REC_LIFE_SNOWMOBILE_BUYERS_GUIDE_1976_PP3002.jpg

I wasn't sure as Chaparrel is on the hood by the Argo logo. I didn't know they built sleds. Seeing as they were in Ontario & we didn't see any in the Kawarthas may mean not many were built.

In the day lots of Snow Crushers (aka Blue Boat Anchors)/Johnsons/Evinrudes on the trails w/ the proximity to Ptbo (OMC).

And to finish off the year, just as I started.

20180330_154038.jpg

Washing the skid?

Yup, getting the snow off.

It's kinda a joke.

First trip of the year I put my sled in the water so I figured I should do the same thing on the last trip.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎30 at 7:44 PM, 1049 said:

191DCF7F-D932-4C44-86F0-CB075A5B69A8.jpeg

That's cool.  We saw 9 of them together this year just north of Moonbeam.  Could see them sitting on the trail and as we got closer they just crossed in front of us and disappeared into the bush.  Had a close call with 4 moose a few years back.  Crested a hill and they were walking ahead of us.  If we didn't get stopped, the lead guy would have been a moose enema

7 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

That's cool.  We saw 9 of them together this year just north of Moonbeam.  Could see them sitting on the trail and as we got closer they just crossed in front of us and disappeared into the bush.  Had a close call with 4 moose a few years back.  Crested a hill and they were walking ahead of us.  If we didn't get stopped, the lead guy would have been a moose enema

We scene most of the linx just North of Hornepayne this year have scene moose in past years definitely not something I want to hit . This guy was in Quebec last year had to drive past him he wouldn’t get off the trail

006D48AB-5919-4E51-8ECC-E6C006F3098D.png

On 2018-03-31 at 11:31 PM, Yamatario said:

Got to be at least 2 wolves, one that huffed and puffed and blew the piggies house down, and the other one that dressed as grandma.

Yes so you seen older red wolf too. 

On 4/2/2018 at 6:32 PM, 1049 said:

We scene most of the linx just North of Hornepayne this year have scene moose in past years definitely not something I want to hit . This guy was in Quebec last year had to drive past him he wouldn’t get off the trail

006D48AB-5919-4E51-8ECC-E6C006F3098D.png

Had 1 on E107 north of Apsley last winter that wouldn't get off the trail. A calf in poor shape to my eyes. After 20 minutes finally blew by it & around a corner only to find a cow standing on the trail w/ its ears pinned back. Oh crap is all I thought. Thankfully the cow turned & ran into the woods.

Myself and another OC'r found us stopped on the trail for almost 1/2 he for a moose that wouldn't move

20170313_113507.jpg

32 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Myself and another OC'r found us stopped on the trail for almost 1/2 he for a moose that wouldn't move

20170313_113507.jpg

Wonderful pic. 

Stubborn moose.

Guess you don't want to rile them (says the city boy). 

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

We had the same thing happen a few years ago. Mama and baby in the middle of the trail munching on the trees and just standing around. We stopped a fair bit down the trail as soon as we saw them. None of us wanted to mess with mama and baby. We figured we would lose for sure.

I see that Ski_Whiz has had a rear susp upgrade!

I love the sound of those Merc Snow Twister's! Boy - nothing brings the 70's back like that!

Was sledding in the UP back in the mid 90's once, and I heard a sled coming up the trail - and - although I hadn't heard one in 15 years or more prolly - I knew exactly what it was before I seen it! :D

5 hours ago, Ox said:

I see that Ski_Whiz has had a rear susp upgrade

Looked to be an extra 10 out of a mid 90's Polaris Indy. Not sure what was in it for a motor. Like the pipe though.lol... 

7 hours ago, soupkids said:

20170313_113507.jpg

Looks like he still had his rack.

Looks like he still had his rack.

Yes he did, the cow was in the bush on the right side.

The picture was taken march 13th, 2017

5 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Yes he did, the cow was in the bush on the right side.

The picture was taken march 13th, 2017

The shed that I found this winter was later in Feb'.

sled pic.jpg

Did some of this, but I think I put more miles on the skis as a family than we did on the sleds   

tremblant.jpg

52 minutes ago, Dave K said:

sled pic.jpg

Nice pic! I haven't done any night riding in several years.

Archived