ITG User Survey

revrnd

15 minutes ago, grover_yyz said:

If they offer GPS tracking that would put Trakmaps out of a job providing electronic maps for the OFSC riders and also being an advertiser might be a problem.

I thought there was GPS tracking on the new map, just like the app did.  The only difference is that it didn't up a little marker, or dot, on the map to specifically identify your location. But if you pressed on the little "bullseye" button it brought you to the spot on the map where you were located.  I used it several times.

But I agree that putting a location marker would have made it much easier to pinpoint my location.

We need to be careful to keep the ITG that is on the website wants separate from the mobile app for the ITG. They are and should be distinctly different from each other.

This is the app which lets you go without any other GPS and makes it easy. 

I use my free Polaris Ride Command for directional pointing at times to aid, but the pictured app does almost do it all !

I would be glad to pay $10 for an app like this for Ontario.   The app for Quebec is only about $3. 

9B2158BB-DD12-40D7-A0D1-8EC9B54C91E2.png

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

We need to be careful to keep the ITG that is on the website wants separate from the mobile app for the ITG. They are and should be distinctly different from each other.

But I think that's what the OFSC was trying to avoid..having two separate platforms.  That's why the current ITG is more mobile-oriented than the previous version (which is why there previously was a separate app).  I think the functionalities we all want can exist in one ITG..  Webpages can be programed to identify pc vs mobile browsers.  That's why when we open the ITG on our phones we don't get all the sidebar stuff..

Seems that the OFSC app would not work without cell towers.  What king of GPS is that?  The majority of my riding has no cell service.

The Imotoneige app is $3.99

It's amazing. No cell service required, but it does offer an interactive host of services if you do have data. 

Quebec app does not really give upto date trail status. Yeah it shows groomers but for details on trail status you must go to another website completely. With the way the OFSC has tied Risk Management to the ITG they can't do two platforms.  They even claimed at AGM that part of the delay in ITG v2.0 was finding someone to work with who was not scared off by the risk management implications of the ITG. 

In Quebec if you want really accurate trail info you gotta go here:

http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showConditionsSentier?request_locale=fr

or here for a more big picture map representation:

http://www.motoneiges.ca/magazines/motoneiges/cartes/carte.jsp

For the way cool app and associated web page it's here:

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/#map

and don't forget both levels of government provide a handsome amount of funding for everything in Quebec.  (they just announced another $12 million in March)

13 minutes ago, mcZEd382 said:

and don't forget both levels of government provide a handsome amount of funding for everything in Quebec.  (they just announced another $12 million in March)

Anyone know if the Ford family snowmobiles? I've never heard any reports of Seabiscuit being seen snowmobiling on E107 near her cottage.

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Anyone know if the Ford family snowmobiles? I've never heard any reports of Seabiscuit being seen snowmobiling on E107 near her cottage.

on the left side of the the trail, no doubt:icon_tongue:

To be honest I didn't really have an issue with the ITG this year.  Did what I needed from it everytime I used it.  Since they are still improving it, I'm good with that.  As for the quebec one, this was covered on a snow trax show, it was all volunteer done and took years of work.  Its great, but who is going to do all that work in Ontario?  Would be a good job, but I suspect the pay would be poor.  Not really a fair expectation.  Maybe some of the complainers should step up and do the same in Ontario.

7 hours ago, FishHog said:

To be honest I didn't really have an issue with the ITG this year.  Did what I needed from it everytime I used it.  Since they are still improving it, I'm good with that.  As for the quebec one, this was covered on a snow trax show, it was all volunteer done and took years of work.  Its great, but who is going to do all that work in Ontario?  Would be a good job, but I suspect the pay would be poor.  Not really a fair expectation.  Maybe some of the complainers should step up and do the same in Ontario.

I'm sure the OFSC paid to have the ITG produced, they may have been able to purchase a copy of theirs from the Quebec Federation and changed it as necessary to fit Ontario's requirements.

39 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I'm sure the OFSC paid to have the ITG produced, they may have been able to purchase a copy of theirs from the Quebec Federation and changed it as necessary to fit Ontario's requirements.

If what I read is true the Quebec version was created by volunteers. The minute they sell the product it opens a whole lot of problems with liability, support and so much more.

iMotoneige costs $3.99

I found the map to work just fine. It did all that I was looking for............trail status that is. I wasn't expecting it to tell me snow depth, whoever mentioned that, it might be easy for the southerners to sort out snow depth since its usually zero but if you expect a volunteer to go out on there trails and measure something so ridiculous thats for dreamers. I find the majority of complainers to be quit childish. Next you will be demanding to know where all the bathroom stalls are on trailside so you don't have to pee outside in the cold where to snow depth is to much and you sink to your beyond your knees and freeze your willy. Let the mud be slung now but come on people lets stick to reality here.

37 minutes ago, flash 800 said:

I found the map to work just fine. It did all that I was looking for............trail status that is. I wasn't expecting it to tell me snow depth, whoever mentioned that, it might be easy for the southerners to sort out snow depth since its usually zero but if you expect a volunteer to go out on there trails and measure something so ridiculous thats for dreamers. I find the majority of complainers to be quit childish. Next you will be demanding to know where all the bathroom stalls are on trailside so you don't have to pee outside in the cold where to snow depth is to much and you sink to your beyond your knees and freeze your willy. Let the mud be slung now but come on people lets stick to reality here.

I agree about the snow depth but as far as washrooms.... don't forget not all snowmobilers are guys. It's not a big priority but it would be a nice to have, especially for the women. I know my wife would appreciate it.

37 minutes ago, flash 800 said:

Dude if you're sniping at me, chill. 

Snow depth is pulled from environment Canada. Volunteers have nothing to do with it. And like I said it's nice but not a must have.

Archived