ITG User Survey

revrnd

You may have not got an email from the OFSC about this:

https://ofscmarketing.typeform.com/to/RFhjAq

I did the survey. I wanted to tell them make it the exact same as the Quebec trail map. It is really easy to use and has a ton of info that is easy to use.

Yep that's what I said.  Add the ability for more waypoints in the route planning tool, add grooming delay feature and add a snow depth option that shows Snow depth.  Not rocket science.

For the creator of this survey to even include option E in question 4 " to have another way to complain about the OFSC" just shows the arrogance and small mindedness of the people who agreed to use this in their survey. 

If they had done the job properly and completely in the first place there would be no need for them to spend time and money on the survey. And yes, the Quebec Interactive map really works well.

As someone stated, " You didn't have time to do it right the first time but you have time to redo it".

Rant over.

Glad they're asking for input.

At least they are trying to make it better .

Gee they ask for your opinion and you guys crap on it.. Give your opinion for cripes sakes...

Done, that was kinda stupid survey 

Been more than enough feedback on their facebook page to have made the judgment "it's fawked" without wasting more time n effort.  

Between that and the online permit disaster, key to me moving forward, stop looking and acting like it's your rookie season. 

47 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Been more than enough feedback on their facebook page to have made the judgment "it's fawked" without wasting more time n effort.  

Between that and the online permit disaster, key to me moving forward, stop looking and acting like it's your rookie season. 

Also Permit Tracking System was a major problem.

3 strikes and you’re out.

Yes survey looks a little bit silly, but

I think we  don't need go back to old version, just improve  new one and provide information what we like to see on new ITG.

All they need to do is to get the same people who designed the Quebec maps and mobile app to set some up for Ontario.   The Quebec system is awesome.   

I will be buying a Quebec permit next year for sure.  

5 hours ago, soupkids said:

Done, that was kinda stupid survey 

I agree, stupid survey. Left no room for comments. An obvious attempt to make the OFSC look like they are sympathetic and attempting to make it right again. I left all my comment at the OFSC Facebook site.

X2 on the pre-existing model from the Quebec system. The App is fantastic. Worth 10x what they charge for it. 

The ONLY thing I prefer about the OFSC map is the 3 colour scheme. It goes a LONG way to simplify the status, ASSuming it's kept up to date.

15 hours ago, manotickmike said:

X2 on the pre-existing model from the Quebec system. The App is fantastic. Worth 10x what they charge for it. 

The ONLY thing I prefer about the OFSC map is the 3 colour scheme. It goes a LONG way to simplify the status, ASSuming it's kept up to date.

If it's not updated min 2x a week the trails go gray

Everyone keeps saying how the Quebec ITG is better, but I don't think it shows trail status does it?  I can't find a way to switch from trial network to trail status.. is it there and I'm just missing it?

3 minutes ago, paulslund said:

Everyone keeps saying how the Quebec ITG is better, but I don't think it shows trail status does it?  I can't find a way to switch from trial network to trail status.. is it there and I'm just missing it?

It turns "RED" when it closes.  Look at trail 5 out at the end of the Gaspe peninsula.  It will not let you route through any part which is closed either unlike our poor in comparison ITG.

The map needs to have live GPS as does the Quebec map.  That is what makes it great and also the map needs to be accurate unlike the ITG for Ontario.

So many sections are never correct and if they are changed it needs to be remapped and changed in real time.

1 hour ago, AC+YA said:

It turns "RED" when it closes.  Look at trail 5 out at the end of the Gaspe peninsula.  It will not let you route through any part which is closed either unlike our poor in comparison ITG.

The map needs to have live GPS as does the Quebec map.  That is what makes it great and also the map needs to be accurate unlike the ITG for Ontario.

So many sections are never correct and if they are changed it needs to be remapped and changed in real time.

Is this the map you are looking at?  I find there are several maps for Quebec but this is the one I get when I search for Interactive Trail Map.  If this is the one, I find it hard to believe that all the trails around Ottawa are open (i.e. not marked as closed).

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/carte-motoneige/indexen.html#map

The main page actually indicates that trail conditions are shown on the following webpage (which is not a map-based page)

http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showConditionsSentierFCMQ?lg=fr

I can't find a map of the Quebec trails that indicate trail status... Or am I missing something? 

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

If they offer GPS tracking that would put Trakmaps out of a job providing electronic maps for the OFSC riders and also being an advertiser might be a problem.

Archived