Oxygen Helmet

signfan

3 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Blow any belts on 850 this winter? Ran into a guy yesterday blew 7, this winter and another guy near hearst had his belt blow apart too. 

spoke with 3 guys this winter that had been through 2 belts each under a thousand kms each

1 hour ago, gobills said:

spoke with 3 guys this winter that had been through 2 belts each under a thousand kms each

The word on Snowest is that Sled Head Racing (Big John) has a kit for that. 

Doo clutching is his strongpiont.

I'd start there.

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, IQ TURBO said:

The Dutchman and I have one each on order...I’m not worried at all about it. Best helmet I’ve ever wore hands down. Our dealer only has access to 12 units. And I have 2 spoke for...:D

Stopped by St Onge this afternoon and put one on order for Mrs Nunz, She deserves it after looking after everything this past winter.

The Oxygen helmet must have been developed with NOLAN which is an Italian company I believe.

When I bought my Spyder 2 years ago bought the Nolan N44 which was sold in a BRP box. Always thought wish could get a snow version of it but didn't see how could ever keep the visor fog free due to the significant larger surface area vs more tradition helmets with the heated perimeter heat strip. Obviously they have develop away to keep visor fog free although I don't know how they are accomplishing this?

The field of vision is superior to what the helmets most of us are wearing now. Haven't figured out how attaching the cord to the back is practical when all geared up. So very interested in one but think will wait a year to be sure they function as promoted.

Picture below is Nolan motorcycle helmet.

IMG_1105.JPG

Had some Nolan helmets in my bike era. N42 IIRC. Good stuff, quick change visor setup was handy. Heavy though. Needed a good head of steam so as it would hold itself up, so to speak. 

Current modular helmets are made by Lazer. Was never impressed with their stuff 30 years ago. They've come a long way. 

Serious sticker shock for sure but if it lives up to the hype, I'm pulling the trigger!  My current CKX Tranz doesn't fit me well (not knocking the helmet it's my noggin's geometry!) and I would prefer a larger field of view. 

Once you spend 8-9 hours a day trail thumpin you realize how important it is to see clearly and be comfortable.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:44 PM, IQ TURBO said:

The Dutchman and I have one each on order...I’m not worried at all about it. Best helmet I’ve ever wore hands down. Our dealer only has access to 12 units. And I have 2 spoke for...:D

Can you eat or drink with the helmet on? Thats what I like about the modulars and I heard they are saying you can but thought you may have an opinion?

With the Breath box in you cannot eat or drink with the helmet on.  At the show in Barrie they had removed them so you could in theory eat or drink but not sure how the helmet would work.

11 hours ago, Nunz said:

With the Breath box in you cannot eat or drink with the helmet on.  At the show in Barrie they had removed them so you could in theory eat or drink but not sure how the helmet would work.

Next version might have a feeding tube. LOL

12 hours ago, Nunz said:

Never thought about the mouth guard. That maybe an issue. More for talking trail side then eating or drinking. My hearing isn't the best and really find difficult to understand someone that is wearing a non modular helmet and trying to talk with there mouth guard on. 

Is the Oxygen mouth guard a fixed thing, not something you can move several times a day like the Mod 3 or BVS 2 setup?

Talking to my dealer yesterday about the Oxygen helmet. He doesn't think it's a Nolan like I speculated in above post. He said the Company Rep was at Barrie show but didn't remember the name who the development was with. 

Archived