Oxygen Helmet

signfan

Anybody tried one of these at a BRP demo ride?  Curious to hear some first hand accounts on them.  They look to be well made.  Wondering is the inside of the helmet actually heated?   

Tried one on at the Kanata Sneak Peak show. Helmet is light and has an outstanding field of vision. As I understood the pitch the pocket the the sun visor retracts into is heated which in turn provides heat to the entire helmet. The magnetic hook up for the cable on the back is neat but I wonder how accessible it will be when in full gear. Depending on the helmet I would wear a either an XL or 2XL. The one I tried was a 3XL (they did not have a 2XL at the show) and it was too big. I also wear glasses and prefer a modular style helmet so I don't have to remove my glasses when putting the helmet on or off. The Oxygen requires the removal of glasses which is a pain, at least to me. MSRP is $750 and the BRP rep said dealers will have limited quantities in the fall. So if you want one be prepared to pony up early.

Good review. Thanks

Karen tried one on tonight in Barrie and was thoroughly impressed with it. Everything about the helmet is impressive. Price is a little steep for sure.  We will consider one for sure, I wish I never bought my Bvs2 this winter after seeing this helmet. 

The only question I have comes from a Youtube clip ( I also own a bv2s, uncorded, unheated): 

Can you ride without the cord ....for the majority of the time ..... with this helmet like i can with my bv2s?

9 minutes ago, Canuck said:

The only question I have comes from a Youtube clip ( I also own a bv2s, uncorded, unheated): 

Can you ride without the cord ....for the majority of the time ..... with this helmet like i can with my bv2s?

I doubt it, seems to have no breath collection system. 

What is the rating on this helmet?  Is it only MFR certified (DOT) or has another independent body actually tested it? If you have a $10 head buy a $750 helmet?

9 hours ago, Canuck said:

Everything I've heard so far says no.  Must be powered.  You'd probably be ok in 5 degree weather, but not sub zero temps.  I always ride with a heated shield, so can't see that being an issue.

I normally ride  with no cord, so to me it would be a deal breaker if I had to have a cord all the time. The last 2 years have the the Titan so no option for cord on goggles I got with the helmet.

I think you would be able to ride in warmer weather without the cord plugged in ,,BUT you would have to crack the visor??

4 hours ago, sledjunk said:

What is the rating on this helmet?  Is it only MFR certified (DOT) or has another independent body actually tested it? If you have a $10 head buy a $750 helmet?

Doo you know of any issues in sledding that any ole' POS helmet wasn't enough for safety concerns?

I ride the Rockies regularly with an old guy that wears an aviators toque from the Second Great War and goggles.

I had an old Ski-Doo helmet from Lazer that was getting in tough shape on the inside, and then one night a few years ago I forgot - and left it hang on the headache rack of the truck when we pulled out of Togwatee, and it was gone ...  So the next fall I bought a new HJC. While I was trying them on I kept trying to pull this bloody thing down further, but it just wouldn't come down like I was used to. (and I don't want some bulky convertable unit) I used that thing 1 winter only! The thing had an ice maker in the back somewhere! It was OK for playing in the bush all day, but once we would hit the trail for the truck - I ended up having to stuff extra jersey gloves up in the back corners to keep from getting an ice-cream headache! 

The next year I started a "saved search" on e-bay for another old helmet like my lost one. Fortunately - I did find one, and in great shape, but I haven't found any more since in the right size, but I keep watching!

I wear a helmet on the sled purely for warmth!

The HJC will be the new summer helmet! That old Lazer is an oven in the summer anyhow.

I saw an ad for this "Oxygen" thing and wondered a little bit, but for $750, I think I'll stick to my old units!

750 ,not happening 

I went with the Titan this year and i love it.  I did buy the heated goggles and only used them one time and the rest of the winter i had no problem with fogging issues.

i like how lite it is compared to my previous helmets, Gmax, HJC.  I had modular and flip shield helmets and hated them so much air got in.

The 210 degree vision on the goggles is great.  I rode in almost minus 50 this winter to plus one so i put it through its paces.  I ride with a klim balaclava and its amazing they are a little pricy but IMO they are worth it having the extra length to go down your back and chest.

One good thing i find with this helmet is the noise seems to be reduced compared to my other helmets.

When i first got it i did get frost bite as the rep. told me to wear it the wrong way.  Once i was shown the proper way to use it i love it.

Sorry for the rant on the Titan!

When i first got it i did get frost bite as the rep. told me to wear it the wrong way.  Once i was shown the proper way to use it i love it.

And that's how your leaving that statement in this thread?

???

58 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

750 ,not happening 

Yes especially if it has to be powered to work. That is half as  Backwards if you ask me. Modulars are nice and barely ever need cord. If something happens to electricial circuit while riding, you are screwed pretty much. 

10 minutes ago, Ox said:

And that's how your leaving that statement in this thread?

???

????  How would you have worded it or left the statement?

You could tell us what the right and wrong ways are?

12 minutes ago, gobills said:

Right way goggles first then breath box.  He told me to wear it breath box then goggles.

Why does it matter though? Won't end result be the same? 

1 minute ago, Viperules700 said:

Why does it matter though? Won't end result be the same? 

Well when you put the goggles on first and then the breath box it locks/tightens the goggles into place and creates a tighter fit.

If you put the breath box on the the goggles over top the goggles end up having a small gap.

Ill take pics

Staying with the cord until they come down to 350 or so 

3 minutes ago, signfan said:

This topic has officially been hijacked!!!

Still talking about helmets and some options, so not to far off topic. 

9 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

The Dutchman and I have one each on order...I’m not worried at all about it. Best helmet I’ve ever wore hands down. Our dealer only has access to 12 units. And I have 2 spoke for...:D

Blow any belts on 850 this winter? Ran into a guy yesterday blew 7, this winter and another guy near hearst had his belt blow apart too. 

Archived